Mummykins back in hospital and im furious with the midwives

glad to hear things are a bit better ad nice that mummykins could get LO cuddles. You could ask for a copy of your purple notes if you don't have them any more. the midwives names should be on there.

Ok a small update, Having spoken to mummykins on the phone this morning she MAY be coming home today (YAY!!) she is just waiting for the diabetes team to sign her as fit to go as the hospital are happy with her wound, a district nurse is being organised for conitued care at home and she no longer needs the aggressive antibiotics via infusion and can now switch to oral which is fantastic.

Lotti on the other hand has chosen this time to make my life even more difficult (bless her) she had a feed at 4am and absolutely will not settle and has been taking bigger feeds, anything from 2 -3 oz as opposed to 1-2.5oz but also now seems hungry just 2 hours after her last feed instead of 3 hours?
Do I feed her now or should I wait for a bit before feeding her?

In addition to that work are now putting pressure on me to return as they have a client that needs 10 installs doing before monday and have given us next to no notice, anyone got any superman pills please?

i always went by if my baby was hungry id feed him if lo was breast fed you wouldnt know how much she was taking not sure how old she is but 3 weeks they have a growth spurt

if she finshes her bottle add a extra oz my lo would feed every two hours he was never sick so i knew he wanted it he slept through from 4 weeks so it all evens out

hope your wife is out of hospital today x

So glad she might be home tonight!! I would feed her, they go through phases she might be having a growth spurt! :)

great news she might be coming home. But make sure she has a care plan for being home!!!! poor you with the pressures of work, hope it all works out.

Thinking of you all - hope mummykins gets home today!

I used to just gradually increase Sophie's feeds and anything she didn't want, she didn't take. She was already 12 weeks old when we got her home (but 6 days before her due date!) so she was feeding like a newborn. She was bf till she was 3 months then combination fed, and when I started combi feeding I used to just add an extra ounce to her bottle if she was still hungry and continued doing that till we found an amount that satisfied her.

Just take Lotti's lead - she'll soon let you know what she wants! As the others have said, she might be having a growth spurt and wanting to eat more.

Hope you are all ok!

xxx

Mummykins is HOME!!

BUT, we have been warned by the hospital that the district nurse wants Mummykins to travel to them to have her wound cleaned and repacked as they will only do home visits if the patient is housebound as they are short staffed, ok so they expect mummykins to carry baby in the travel system AND a pram down 3 flights of stairs before getting on the bus to go to the district nurse? :dohh:
Mummykins also has Neuropathy in her legs and cannot feel what her feet are doing so walking down the stairs on her own is dodgy enough!

God I will be glad when we move out of here to our new ground floor flat.
I would love to be able to say "no problem I will take her to see the District Nurse but I have to go back to work as they are putting alot of pressure on me to return and I can see me losing my job if I dont.

so pleased she is home. Can the district nurses not come out?!?! Surely you could phone them and explain!?! I'm sure they could make an exception after all it sounds like mummykins is almost housebound.

Again glad you are together as a family again at home
:flower::flower::flower:

Things just get worse!!!! But at least you have your family back together again!

Could you try calling the district nurses yourself and explaining the situation? Getting down the stairs with a healing wound, buggy and peripheral neuropathy is not safe!

I hope things get better for you soon!

Mummykins is HOME!!

BUT, we have been warned by the hospital that the district nurse wants Mummykins to travel to them to have her wound cleaned and repacked as they will only do home visits if the patient is housebound as they are short staffed, ok so they expect mummykins to carry baby in the travel system AND a pram down 3 flights of stairs before getting on the bus to go to the district nurse? :dohh:
Mummykins also has Neuropathy in her legs and cannot feel what her feet are doing so walking down the stairs on her own is dodgy enough!

God I will be glad when we move out of here to our new ground floor flat.
I would love to be able to say "no problem I will take her to see the District Nurse but I have to go back to work as they are putting alot of pressure on me to return and I can see me losing my job if I dont.

Tell them that she is housebound and that they MUST do home visits, then place a call to your PCT head office (primary care trust) and tell them that you wish to make a very big complaint about everything that has happened.

As for Lotti, definitely feed her as she demands, she will stop when she is full, young babies will often vary in the amount they take and the frequency, hope you're all ok x

i am a nurse so i basically looked after my wound myself the midwives were not interested.it was really red and weeping at one point ant all they said was its fine:nope:.thankfully i knew that a dry dressing on it would help but if i had listened to them i think i would have had problems.

hope she is ok soon:hugs: to all of u

I would like to say that Mummykins is an isolated experience, but sadly it isn't.

Like the poster I have quoted, I too am a nurse, and was basically left to look after my own wound. I also ended up with an infection, but thankfully, a short course of oral antibiotics sorted it out. Probably because, as a nurse, I was able to recognise the early signs of a wound infection - However, when I pointed out to the midwife that checked my wound that it looked like I had the early signs of an infection, she dismissed me as being 'paranoid' and that 'nurses make the worst patients'!

Well so far, The district nurse has been great and sorted out mummykins care although she is off this weekend so it will be another nurse tomorrow (today now)
Mummykins went off for an early night bless her as she is sore and worn out as Lotti has been on the go all day.
Lotti has finally gone down for the night at 03:15, im exhausted and feeling VERY low for some reason, im tired but I cant sleep so have been doing some of the packing ready for the house move in a couple of weeks.

I think all the stress of this is now hitting me and I dont quite know what to do.

Hi!! I'm glad mummykins is all sorted. This must have been really hard for you. I think dads dont get enough credit for what you are going through, especially when smt like this happens. I really hope you feel better soon!
:hugs:

poor you, looking after a LO is totally exhausting and the past week you have been doing this full time job, looking after mummykins and going to work. no wonder the stress is catching up with you. factor in lack of sleep as well and anyone would be a blubbering wreck. not to mention moving house stress.

try get some you time. even if it is 15mins on the sofa with a cup of tea. remember you matter just as much as LO and mummykins and cut yourself some slack. it is so easy to end up doing everything for everyone else that you forget about you!!!!
:hugs: hope you feel better soon.

Just wanted to give lots of :hugs: to both of you. You are doing a wonderful job looking after mummykins and LO. Good luck getting the legal side sorted and good luck with the move.

I just wanted to say a massive thankyou for the support you have given my hubby while ive not been well, i dont know what he would have done without you guys.

Im healing slowly, my wound is being changed daily at the moment, still very sore and have backache from it, but im doing ok.

I seem to have lost complete confidence in myself as a mum with charlotte, its like i dont know what to do with her and i have no confidence in my instincts. Luckily hubby is home this weekend - i need to get myself sorted out by monday when he goes back to work, at the moment im dreading it.
Ive tried a strict routine with Lottie, i guess to try and gain a bit of control, but i havent been allowing cuddle time or time to just enjoy her, i know i need to just chill out a bit and let Lottie tell me what she wants instead of me deciding for her.

This mummy lark is really difficult at times. Any tips? How do i know im doing things right?

:hugs: none of us know we are doing it right!!!! I tell myself, I am the best mum Wll has ever known!!!! It helps me when I feel like I don't know what I am doing!!!!! Our LO's are similar ages, I am at home pretty much all day every day, and on B&B most the time!!! Especially during feeds/winds.

Feel free to PM me or add me on facebook if you want a chat on monday when you feel all alone! Not sure what help I can be, but we'll muddle through somehow!!!!

I'm sure You're doing a great Job and you are Lucky to have a supportive husband too. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Love to you all and cuddles to charlotte.

Bless you both. Mummykins don't be to rough on yourself, you are still in shock. Wait a while and look back and you'll realise it and I expect it will all be blurry. I think routine is brilliant and something you can be working towards without beating yourself up over, I did the exact same thing so I understand. try to just enjoy and bond and the routine will come in time trust me. Much love x

Hey hun, don't worry, just follow your instincts, try not to have too strict a routine as baby may not follow it and it may get you down, just go with the flow, follow both her needs and your needs.
There's plenty of us here to lean on, a lot of us are new mums, I didn't have a clue and also had some complications after the birth, but I followed my instincts and got on with it and did ok I'd like to think!! we'll support you hun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->