Mums already and WTT - Why not TTC now?

S

Serene123

I want to have another baby soon, but there is one thing stopping me... I'm petrified of morning sickness as bad as last time!! I couldn't cope with Caitlyn and feel that sick. I was sick all day everyday untill 25 weeks! I'm scared Caitlyn will think I'm poorly and get worried..

im so broody, but have to wait til a year after my op. Though, if im well we are gonna start trying xmas time! Cant wait!

Alyssa's just too young in our opinion for us to start TTC just yet - we were fortunate to get pregnant the first month we tried, so we want to try and ensure closer to a 2 or 3year age gap. Although I know it's not to say we'll be so lucky the second time round, we figure it's best not to chance having a 1 year old and a newborn - it wouldn't be right for us.
x

Hey Toria, They do say that every pregnancy is different so you may not get it so bad the second time around... I had a quick google and it said that most women worry that strong MS will occur second time aroud but it rarely does... it may be worth talking to a few mums with more than one child and see how different each pregnancy was.
:hugs:
I am just waiting for OH to come round to the idea... he likes the thought of TTC being way off into the future and hasn't got used to the idea that it may be sooner rather than later... until he does I'm in WTT. I'd start TTC now if he said yes.

our reason is finances....although if its another girl we're sorted as i dont have to fork out for anything other than nappies as i have it all

but we have a lot on at the minute, what with the wedding on/off issues, loosing 2 aunties in the space of 2 months :(

living out of 1 room

the reasons are endless

i think i also want to wait till Rhiannon is potty trainned as i dont think i could cope with changing 2 sets of nappies :sick: :lol:

I know I am not WTT or TTC but thought I would add my thoughts to the thread! I had a really bad pregnancy the first time round (depression, bad back etc) and this pregnancy has been so great. No problems so far - although I am hoping I am not tempting fate. The only thing I have had was some nausea in the first trimester which I didn't get at all in the first pregnancy so I reckon every pregnancy is different.

For me I cant TTC yet due to not living with my DP, then we wont be TTC until the new year (earilest) I want our family home to be right first and for our children (we have 2 each from previous relationships, he has his 1 night on weekends mine will be with us permenantly) to be happy and adjusted.
I really want a baby with him, I feel its a bond between us all that'd be amazing.

Will add that there is a 5 year gap between my dd1 and dd2 the reason for the gap at first was rough birth (em c-sec) and not being sure if I could cope with two but also knowing I didnt want dd1 to be an only child. My two pregnancies and definately the births couldnt have been more different. being able to have a VBAC completely natural was awesome.

i dont want to return to work after our next baby, so i need to make sure we are more finacially stable, plus the age gap, i will wait till Annabelle is 18 months and then we will try, thats just what suits me and OH, if u want to try hun go for it, like others say every pregnancy is different!

Lou
xxx

i had terrible ms with maddi, (for the whole 41 weeks :dohh:) it was all day and night and i was in and out of hospital for a bit because of it, so i have to say its certainly a big consideration when we ttc next. but we are wtt for a few reasons; for us we want to get married first, abroad, so that is a definate factor. also we want to move and buy something bigger, and atm its probably not the best time to move or to sell :dohh: and lastly i woud like them far enough apart so i don't need a double pram, no it sounds silly, but for us, i want maddi to be that little bit older, say 3.5/4 when we start ttc :D a little wait, but well worth it :yipee:

If I wasn't already expecting again (was not planned) then I would have waited until Jasmine was around 3

I would like Tristan to be over one when we TTC again. I think a two year age gap would be good for us. I also would like to be able to go back to work before we have baby number two, so we can build up some savings - so that I might not have to go back to work for a bit after having a second baby, maybe a year or so.

xxx

im wtt because for 1 we're going on holiday in july and i dont want to be preg again on hols as i was last year. and because lucy is only 9months id like a bigger gap near 2 years apart would be great.:cloud9:

would like tj to be coming up to 1 or just over.
do not want a wedding bump, though wouldnt mind being only just pregnant on the day.
and... would like to lose some more weight first x x x x

I'm broody, but have a lot holding me back.

OH and I don't exactly have a rock slid relationship

Finances

I don't know if I am ready to give up my body for pretty much a year again so soon.

I dont have the space or the money right now. Plus I want a VBAC so need to wait a while longer before getting preggo again.

I def. want to wait until Helena is two, just so I can have some alone time with her and get used to being a mom. :)

My first pregnancy was hard and I don't think I could cope with a one year old and throwing up. Plus I'm nervous about having a newborn when Connor hits his terrible twos, though some days I'm convinced he's already hit it.

It's not just MS...think of dealing with a toddler and also having to pee 3 times an hour!

In an ideal world where money wasn't an issue, I'd wait until DD was 2 or there abouts before TTC again and I'd also plan on having a few more beyond that. However, I'm the breadwinner (DH can't make enough money to support us where we are now) so I have to seriously consider the fact that I have to get back to work at the earliest opportunity and take the shortest amount of time out. Therefore we have to start thinking about about TTC when DD is about 8 months old. I want to raise them myself so plan on not returning to fulltime work until my children are of school age and need to have them close together so I only need to take 6 years out in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->