Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Tuckie,
The hospital LC fitted me with the large filange to begin with. There is no way that my big nipples would have fit in the medium. They barely fit in the large. Lube your boobs with some motherlove to make sure there is no friction on your nipples from the plastic... that's what the LC told me. I also have to make sure my nipples are centered in the filange or they rub.

AFM,
Here are the pics of DH (look at the bottom 2) and Grey. Tell me what you think: (click on the strip. i could not make it bigger).

bouncychair copy.jpg

masonbabypic.jpg

Kat, I only ever use my phone and couldn't make the photos large enough but I have always thought Grey is like you.
Tuckie, enjoy the Superbowl. It's got quite popular over here but I won't be watching as its too late.
Good to read the tips on expressing. I couldn't do it with Edie but I'm thinking of getting an electric pump and trying again. And back to the leaky boobs, another freaky thing I discovered. If Louis is due a feed and my boobs are full, if I'm cuddling Edie or she is sitting on my knee they let down. I haven't breast fed her in 2 years!! But the maternal reflex obviously doesn't discriminate between my children. It happened for the first time a couple of days ago and again today, and I find it very weird!!

MrsMigg,
I leaked again last night over Grey's mattress. Can't say I am a fan of the leaky boob. Makes sense that your maternal drive lets down your milk.

Grey looks so much like DH when he was a baby. Grey looks nothing like me when I was a baby except for the ears and nose. I had really squinty eyes and a different face shape.

Really have difficulty keeping up in here but wanted to add that I have the larger fitting too and got more milk once I changed sizes. Pumping is hard work though and you have to be strict with it to maintain supply. I have been hand expressing because my pump died :/

hi pups!

kat - i can't get the pics bigger but looks like dh in the tiny pic ;)

bumpy - happy bday friday! yes, i leave friday at 6am (way too early), airport at 4:30am

here's d trying to comfort his teething with a's hand. she has 2 teeth in and his are coming

and they started reading....

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 56GetAttachment.jpg
    56GetAttachment.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 11
Moms,
Did your baby have large amounts of spit up ever? Spit up 5-6 times after 1 feed?

Hopeful,
The twins are so cute. Have a fabulous time!

Kat- I had trouble seeing the smaller photos on my iPhone also. Thanks for the tip about lubing before pumping! I used the motherlove before I pumped last night and it wasn't neary as painful :thumbup: Bay doesn't spit up that many times. I think she sometimes has big spit ups when she overindulges but never 5-6 times.

Puppy- thanks hun. I'm going to look for large or XL flanges while I'm out today :)

MrsM- that's funny Edie triggers your let down too. I've heard BFing mothers can have a let down when a baby that isn't even theirs cries too.

Hopeful- LOVE the pics of the twins! Especially the one where they're both reading! How adorable :D

Here's some photos from yesterday:

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/42549EE2-DC21-4402-A494-6C0991D5BF72-127-00000006290A8AEC_zps14a131d6.jpg

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/2506BE3D-3E48-477A-B603-49B54D7AE5B2-127-0000000616B5CEC8_zps2a88a51b.jpg

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/4C117B05-6C47-435B-954B-C4446EEB018D-127-00000005FAF67AB1_zps7335f0b1.jpg

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/E02E6DBC-1CA6-452F-BE12-6B2DEF1E66F0-127-00000005EC85B8C5_zps4fa7d217.jpg

tuckie - she is so cute! how did you get the pics so big?

kat- d used to spit up, not a huge amount but the nurses told us it will look like alot but if you take an ounce of water and throw it on you to test how much an ounce is, it's usually way less that they actually spit up. did he spit up more than that though?

Tuckie and Hopeful,
Thanks for chiming in about the spit-up. I think it was a one time deal that it was that many times. He usually spits up a tiny bit about once a day and it looks like yogurt. Last night he spit up a bunch of milk. It was after he slept for 4 hours (on DH in the Ergo) and my boobs were super full after the week long growth spurt and feeding every 2-3 hours. After the Right boob he spit up what I believe (after Hopeful's suggestion) to be about .5oz. Then I fed him the left and he spit up tiny amounts 5-6 times. It has not repeated after the last feed. Kelly's mom said this could happen after my boobs are too full. I'm keeping an eye out.

Tuckie,
Glad the nipple lube worked. It will feel much better with the larger filange.

Hopeful,
Cant wait to see your vacation pics.

Hello girls popping my head in xxx

Not much has been happening here Kieran had his tongue tie op just over a week ago he's doing so well since having it done I've started feeding him purée food an he loves it he's also teething at the moment which is difficult it looks like two teeth at the bottom are coming through but not yet broken the skin aarrons even perked up in his behaviour too which is awesome
I'm sorry I've been away I've had lots of issues and suffering pnd but I'm getting on track and making more time for me Paul's still refereeing which is great everything seems good xxx

Here is an updated pic of Kieran xxx

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/jennifercallender83/0246D9BB-0F85-4C73-A2E2-DC2DD2A70F10-8930-0000088A6714F8F8_zps3895a456.jpg

Hopeful- I use photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code. It's the only way I know of to post photos from the iPhone to B&B.

Kat- B's spit ups look like yogurt too. I wouldn't worry much if it was a once in a blue moon kind of thing.

Jenny- he is a very handsome boy :) gorgeous eyes

Afm,
Was on my way to target to get larger flanges and the LC called to check in on us and I told her where I was headed. She said she actually had size Large Medela flanges she would give me for free :D I went to the hospital instead and picked them up. Used them today and they were MUCH better and I pumped 5 1/2 oz my first time using the bigger ones today :happydance: Had lunch with my friend today and had a hard time BFing Bay so the whole lunch was pretty difficult. I felt pressured too when she was crying because there were no other babies in the restaurant. Basically rises

*Basically rushed out of there to avoid disturbing people.

My phone died mid-autocorrect & posted for me :haha:

Hi ladies,

Kat, I can see Grey is similar to those pics of your hubby as a baby.

Hopeful, the pics of Ava and Dylan are so cute, I love the ones of them reading haha. Im jealous of your trip away, will be amazing Im sure.

Tuckie, bay is such a gorgeous little girl. I know what you mean about being a bit stressed whilst out for lunch. We went out on Sunday for lunch, myself and hubby and we took Emelia along. I had to feed her first to make sure that she would sleep the whole time so that I could enjoy my lunch. I spent teh whole time stressing keeping waiting for her to wake up and start crying to get out of her car seat. I know it maybe sounds bad not wanting her to wake up when out in restaurants etc. but I honestly wouldnt get to enjoy my meal as she wants entertained and handled which can be tricky whilst trying to eat.

Jenny, Keiran is gorgeous. Good to hear your doing ok, I know you mentioned before aboit suffering from PND. Your bound to have good days and bad.

We've got snow just now so this is day number 2 spent in the house just me and Emelia and the dog staying nice and warm. Just planning on watching some movies/TV.

Hi all. I posted this on Facebook but thought you ladies would like it too. I can't believe how calm this baby is.
Hope the link posts ok.
https://youtu.be/OPSAgs-exfQ

Tuckie,
Yay for free stuff. Bay is adorable. I love how smiley she is. Grey smiles at us now, but I haven't caught another one in a pic. Too bad about your lunch. We have not gone out in public with Grey except for the beach where I BF the whole time.

Just,
Glad you got to have lunch out with your hubby and your LO.

MrsMigg,
That video is freakish. Grey came out very upset. I can't imagine him that calm. Looks nice though.

AFM,
Still getting very poor sleep. The swing no longer works at all for more than 20 min. The spit-up did not happen again all day yesterday, so that is a relief. DH and I are doing the best that we can. On a positive note, Grey is more playful and happy during the day.

Yes, he will sleep about 1.5-2 hours if worn by DH in the Ergo during the day. At night, he has gone as much as 4.5 (once) and 4 (once) when worn by DH (poor DH is up every single night from midnight until Grey's next feed). If he is near me, he wants to nurse. He has gone about 1.5 next to me at most. We had a few blissful night in the swing with 2.5 hour stretches, but those days are now long gone. He now cries if even put in the swing. Last night, DH told me he did not like our son right then =(... he was just frustrated and of course he adores Grey, but it has been tough.

How are things with you? Are you so excited for your trip?

Awww Kat just popping in to say hi. What a shame the swing is no longer working. I just want to give you some hope it will get better. Freya has suddenly started sleeping better and I mean it was sudden last sunday and monday she was getting up every hour ish then tuesday she did 7-10 10-2 2-6 and 6-8 which I thought was fab. Then on wednesday she did 7-11 11-6!! That was her best night now she does 7-11 11-4 and 4-7 ish and has done for a week now. I never thought she would sleep! Just keep perserveering and put him in his bed as much as you can. It will happen xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->