Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well

Kat, that sucks that your still not getting much sleep. I hope Grey turns out like Emelia at the magical 10/11 weeks. Emelia has now started sleeping right through the night for over a week now. She goes down at 11pm and sleeps until 7 or 8am. I cant tell you how good it feels to actually get a full nights sleep back again.
A lot of people that I spoke to had told me that around 10 ish weeks babies can start to sleep right through and that came true for us at 11 weeks.

My husbands work colleague has a baby girl 4 weeks older than Emelia and he says that she sleeps 12 hours a night now...9pm until 9am. I cant imagine Emelia going down at 9pm and thought that was a bit unrealistic but I have been reading online that it is normal for babies to start sleeping 12 hours...I live in hope and then maybe we'll start to get our evenings back to catch up on all of our TV programmes...Sopranos, True blood and Breaking bad..just some of our favourite things.

Emelia has her second round of injections today, it breaks my heart everytime to see her in pain like that, its awful.

Just,
Did Emelia always sleep in her crib? Grey still needs us to hold him or snuggle?
Hope the shots go okay.

AFM,
Grey gained 12oz this week. He loves to eat! He weighs 12lb 12oz. He also can now roll from tummy to back.
Where is everyone? This is my only active thread:(

Hi Kat, I cant believe that Grey can roll from his tummy to his back, Emelia's nowhere near that stage I dont think. When I put her on tummy time she hates it and just gets stuck and frustrated. Ive been trying to encourage her to do it and lift her head more but she hates it. Thats a good weight gain.

Yes Emelia has always slept in her moses basket. Right now though she is sleeping on the couch next to me as thats where I have been letting her sleep during the day for weeks now.
Although I have started putting her in the moses basket during the day for sleeps again sometimes recently as Ive seen her starting to roll about more now and Im worried she will soon roll off the couch.
For weeks now I've been saying that Im going to make up her big cot in her own room but Im getting more and more anxious now as its approaching as Im scared about her going into her own room.

Everyone must be busy today as it is quiet on here!

Hi everyone,
Just - that's great she is sleeping through the night! Feels great doesn't it???!!!!! Be warned though Alfie was sleeping through the night and then got ill and was up loads......it killed me haha!!!! Thankfully we are back to great sleep again now. He sleeps from 6.45-10pm and then we wake him for a feed and he sleeps from 10.30-7am! I'm hoping we will be able to stop the 10pm feed very soon, especially as we are starting him on food this weekend which I'm excited about!! In blessed with a great sleeper but he has been in his Moses basket since day one and in his cot since 10 weeks so I think he's used to self settling.
Kat that is a great weight gain! Those super boobies strike again!! Alfie is only about 14.5 lbs and he's five months tomorrow! Still wearing 0-3 clothes!
We seem to be over our feeding and bathing difficulties for now, he is suffering massively from cradle cap though, has been for weeks and nothing I try makes it any better.
Kat - wow to rolling that's mega early well done Grey! Alfie's rolls constantly now from back to front - I can't lay him down for 2 mins before he rolls over but the problem is he can only tolerate being on his front for about 2 mins before getting fustrated and keeps forgetting how to roll back the other way so I'm constantly having to turn him over! It's exhausting!!!! He loves to sit and play now but is still a bit wobbly so I have to support him bless him. Will go find some recent pics....

Hopeful love those pics they are so cute together - the reading one is precious!!

Hi heart, fili, Davies, tuckie, mrsm and everyone else xxx

Sorry the pics are so big just realised my settings on photo bucket have mashed up!!

KAt fab weight Hun an lovely pic, just keep in ur head there will be light Hun, he won't be waking every hour at 1 year! X

Hopeful they are the cutest pictures real little characters now! X

Bumps hope weaning goes better for you than it is for me! My daughter is not playing ball, I have 2 days of thinking she's grasped it then wham back to square one! X

Fili pleased lexis doing well fab weight Hun x

Afm lexi is having a teething spell again, waking at 4 am today shrieking screaming in agony her whole fist goes in her mouth bless her! I'm giving her calpol to help, she doesn't take a dummy(pacifier) she basically wants cuddles! She's fussy in the day an won't eat solids, but I'm not worried as she is taking her milk in the day so that's something! She had 28oz today so in pleased with that, the saving grace is at 6 months there easier to calm down distract etc with toys, she

Sorry.... Posted to early!
She has a louder high pitch shrill/scream!! X

Bumps gorgeous pics little heartbreaker!! X

Jenny gorgeous pic beautiful eyes, how are you doing now Hun? Hope ur ok xx

Davies have you tried the dentinox teething gel? That seems to work quite well with A. Ohh poor little Lexi!
I hope the weaning goes well because sometimes my boy will take his milk and sometimes its such a huge struggle its like he's bored of it so I'm hoping he will like veg and fruit although I know the milk is the important but as that's what full of calories. I need my boy to grow big and strong!!!

Bumpy, Alfie is absolutely gorgeous, he actually looks bigger than his weight I have to say. Or he dosent look small by any means I dont think. I was curious as to when Alfie was first able to sit in his Bumbo chair? My sister has given me a pink one that belonged to my niece but she cant remember exactly what age she was able to use it/support her head. We put Emelia in it just for a laugh and held her of course but shes so floppy still her wee head.
Those Sophie the giraffes sure are popular aswell arent they?! we got one as a present but I have to hide it from the dog as she thinks its a dog toy.
I hope the food trial goes well for Alfie starting on solids, it must be fun to watch their faces and reactions when they first try it.

Yeah I consider myself so lucky that I have such a good sleeper aswell. Today Emelia has slept much more than usual though Im thinking its possible an affect from her injections. She has slept from 1.30-3.30, 4-6, 7 until now!

Just some recent pics of Emelia aswell, we couldnt resist taking the one of her when it looked like she was holding her own bottle, she loves to grab onto it these days. She also loves bathtime now...

https://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3578/p1030173hr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2124/p1030181l.jpg

https://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4638/p1030198y.jpg

Gorgeous pics everyone! What stunning babies we have. Just, I love the one of Emelia in the bath. Bumpy I agree, Alfie doesn't look tiny at all. Have you tried the Dentinox cradle cap shampoo? Edie always had bad cradle cap and that helped a bit but didn't get rid of it. I always had to use a conditioner as well as she has always had such a mop of hair.
Kat that is a phenomenal weight gain! Grey is certainly doing well, I really hope he starts to settle for you soon.
Hopeful hope you enjoy your trip. Jenny good to see you. Keiron is lovely!
Afm, incredibly pisssed off tonight. We didnt get that house. Looked at another tonight but its not as nice and there are at least another 10 families looking at it. I didn't realise it was going to be this hard to get somewhere.

Good to hear from you all!

Just,
So cute. Love the bath photo as well. Grey has not slept in his co-sleeper by himself since the first or second week at home =(. He likes cuddles. I am so happy for you that you are getting loads of sleep and hope you are right about 10 weeks.

Did you try the tummy time on your tummy like I previously suggested. DH does this all the time and I think it made a huge difference. Plus we have Grey hold our thumbs and pull him up from lying down... he has learned to support his head this way.

Bumpy,
He is so cute. Haha for getting stuck. love the big photos.

Davies,
Boo for teething. Yay for cuddles.

MrsMigg,
So sorry about the house.=(

Kat, Emelia loves to lie on our fronts and she will lift her head that away which I guess is still letting her gain strength. Its just the playmats she really dosent like to lie on her tummy.
The health visitor done that test with her where she pulled her up with her arms. Ive never tried it at home as I worry about oulling her arms out of their sockets or something..irrational I know. But if your saying that your doing it with Grey Im going to give it a go.

MrsM, that sucks about the house, it must be really disappointing if it was perfect for you guys. I hope you find somewhere soon.

Here is my little man asleep on his Daddy's knee earlier tonight.
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/daphnetiger/5354E97A-A5B4-4591-8FE3-4CC0C146028F-8365-00000777FE3A9A5A.jpg

Just,
We started a few weeks ago by having Grey sit facing us on our tummy with our knees up, so he is in an angled back sitting position. Then have her grab your thumbs and wrap your other fingers around her fist for back-up. Then slowly pull her up to a straight seated position and place her gently back down on your bent knees. As she gets better at supporting her head, drop your knees further down so the incline is steeper. Grey does this from lying down, but he has good head support. When he loses the head support, I stabilize his face with two fingers. Every time she goes back down, tickle her and make it a game. Grey loves this game. It is one of my favorite things to do with him. I do it on the bed, so if he loses his head control completely I can quickly place him down. It has gotten to the point where he can sit up right just by holding on to my thumbs. When her grip is secure, practice letting go of her fist. Do this all slowly. You won't yank her arm out.
I hope this is clear. Let me know if it is not.

MrsMigg,
love his hair and his cute, little face.

Sorry girls, this is a quick one.

We are really struggling. Levi is nursing every couple of hours through the night the past couple of nights, and he is such a whine-y pants during the day, not able to settle for naps without screaming. He is so sad. I am sure he is teething because of the drool and the chomping on EVERYTHING, but he is just so sad.

It is exhausting.

I sent dh an SOS text this afternoon because I was so tired. He came home a bit early and then went out to get me some chocolate because there was none in the house (trust me, I searched all my hiding places!)

I am so tired. Beyond tired actually. Trying to comfort my boy, hug him and rock him, and be sympathetic when all I want to do is yell at him to go to sleep!

In the last few days he has also started sitting up by himself, even though we have to have pillows around hi because when he reaches too far in any direction he topplees over, he started saying "da da" he doesn't know what he is saying but its a language marker and he is also pulling himself around on his belly. He spins in circles but has a hard time going forward, much to his frustration.

I can;t believe how fast he is growing up. He will be 6 months next week!! But when these teeth come in I hope things will settle don for a bit!

Ok, I have a baby to settle to sleep (I hope) and then an exam to finish...Hoping we all get some sleep tonight.

Sorry for the selfish post. Promise to catch up soon. Love all the baby pics though I did see all the smiling faces!!

:hugs:
Sounds awful hon. Hope the tooth comes out ASAP!!! Good for you for not losing your temper. I think we all know what it feels like to want to scream, "Go the F*** to sleep!!!". Yay for chocolate.

Aww MrsM, it looks like Louis is really coming on well, hie little face is really taking on some features now, so gorgeous!

Kat, thanks for that explanation on what you do with Grey, it makes sense, I'll start trying that.

Croy, that does sound tough and defo. seems like its a teething problem. I hope those teeth break through soon and give Levi some relief. I cant imagine studying for an exam at the same time, thats supertough!
Im not looking forward to the teething stage.

I'm with Croy!! Lexi is so miserable an has learnt this awful high pitch shrill scream its painful!! I think it's teeth to! I hope, she wakes once at night I'm trying to minimise her milk as I don't want to get in habit of feeding at night, she got out the habit an is capable of going through, if she wakes I am giving her 2oz I no that sounds mean but when I gave her 7 she would eat during the day, this way she still downs daytime bottles, I'm also giving her calpol she is in pain bless her.
Eating isn't happening hoping its just teeth xx

Bumps dentinox doesn't work for lexi Ashton an parsons kind of work but not alot else does!! I hope they appear soon. X

Has anyone heard of 6 month growth spurt? I wonder if its another one. X

Sorry selfish post today as lexi just woke up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"