Mums who are both breast and bottle eeding please help!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Hey ladies...please could you hel me...im a little worried...i introduced the dummy to my LO a good few weeks ago jus so i could get him to sleep himself as he always wants suck something and secondly because as i am brastfeeding he would be greedy with the milk as he would use me as a dummy.
In the first few weeks he used to sleep excessivly so he only usd to feed when he woke up and then go back to sleep...but now he is up more often and i believe he doesnt know the difference between the dummy and his milk...he feeds not as frequent at all and is quiet happy with a dummy...im really worried...also his wet nappies have become less frequent...i thought i had introduced the dummy when breast feeding was established...maybe not...what do i do??

How many wet nappies is he having a day? And does he seem content when he's not feeding? The main reason you are advised to wait until breastfeeding is established to introduce a dummy is to avoid nipple confusion, where the baby will no longer latch on to the breast.

Has his weight gain been ok? When Sam was a month old and hadn't gained as much weight as expected one week I was advised to make sure he didn't go longer than 3 hours between feeds during the day. If he's not having many (less than 5-6) wet nappies a day, I'd call your doctor just for some advice :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->