Mums who have conceived in early 30s, please!

tryingin2013

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm 32 soon to be 33. I've been ttc for 6 cycles now. AF showed yesterday, so it's onto cycle 7. I got pregnant at age 20 and age 24 very easily, pretty much straight away. I was very thin, BMI of 18.5 with both. I was vegan as well. Right before falling preg with bub one I had quit drinking and smoking after 3 yrs of pretty heavy smoking and frequent drinking. I really think it was 2 weeks of quitting and bam. I should add that I had been having unprotected sex about a year before that for 7 months straight, still drinking and smoking a lot, and I thought I just couldn't get pregnant.

Onto my current situation. I picked up smoking again a yr ago after quitting for 10 yrs. I'm quitting today, I've had it. It's not worth my fertility. I also know I drink too much, tho I have cut back recently. My SO and I drink a fair amount of beer and wine. I'm going to cut WAY back on drinking as well.

My questions for you are:

1. What was your lifestyle like before conceiving?
2. Were there any changes that you attribute to conceiving?
3. How old were you when you started ttc, and how long did it take?

I wasn't worried before about my clock ticking, but now I'm getting very concerned. SO and I BD like rabbits and nothing:(

Hiya Hun I was 26 when I conceived my oldest took me 12 months my youngest I was 31 took me 6 months I'm now ttc number 5 and I'm 35 I m/c last month after ttc for one month. They say the more sex u have the less sperm there is around the fertile period me and oh done it everyday through the whole cycle once the m/c bleed stopped. Now af is here today we plan to do it every other day and everyday once I get a pos opk they to getting a neg opk.xxx gl Hun.xxx

Hi I'm 31 now and pregnant with my second. I came off Yasmin early sept and caught straight away. I had my 1st when I was 24 and it took me 5 months to conceive her. I am an average weight for my size, never smoked and not a big drinker. I don't exercise much and had put on a little weight prior to both pregnancies. I was recommended to take frolic acid and iron. I bought seven seas trying to conceive tablets and started taken them as soon as I stopped taking Yasmin and here I am nearly 6 weeks pregnant :)

Good luck

mummy, I have seriously considered we might be dtd way too much. We don't want to stop tho. He ejaculates a LOT...has multiple orgasms, we go for hours and have a break and go for more hours. Really sorry for the tmi. I'm OK with waiting a bit. I'm just starting to freak out thinking it's me. There have been times we've been apart and he hasn't ejaculated on his own while I was away(he tells me when he does), so he should have a good supply after 2 or 3 days apart, and it's within my fertile window and AF keeps showing her face.

I'm really sorry to hear about the MC. Wishing you luck this month! They say you are more fertile coming off a MC.

CLB, folic acid and iron, huh? Well, I didn't get 7 seas, but I bought some prenatals today and am going to take better care of myself in hopes that it will help me to conceive. Congrats on your speedy conception, and GL with your pregnancy!

My plan is to do every other day from cycle day 10 then when I get a pos opk from cycle day 19/21 will do it every day for five days then bck to every other day again them I'm covered all basis then. I'm also taking folic acid. Good luck Hun in getting your bfp but stressing will make it worse easy said than done I know. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->