Mums with 2+ who BF...

EverythingXd

Reaction score
With DS1, I BF until 16 months and my AF didn't return until DS1 was 12 months old (exactly 12 months - it started on his 1st birthday!).

DS2 is only about 10 weeks old and I am exclusively BFing again so I'm not expecting AF for a long time yet. I have noticed EWCM for a few days now though, and tonight I have really bad period-type pains. Could I really be ovulating this early?

How long did it take for your AF to return each time? Was there a lot of variation between babies?

Thanks ladies x

Probably not going to be that helpful but DS1 I fed for 5 months and AF started pretty much straight after I stopped and with DS2 I am still feeding he is 5 months and no period yet. Or sign of one either. The cramping however was alot worse with DS2 after birth and for weeks after probably until about 6 weeks pp. having EWCM at the moment but checked with ovulation test (I had loads left from trying) and I'm not ovulating. I've had lots of weird discharge which is apparently normal when ebf. No smell or anything but I had alot in pregnancy too. Deff not worried about it though. More annoying than anything! Xx

Probably not going to be that helpful but DS1 I fed for 5 months and AF started pretty much straight after I stopped and with DS2 I am still feeding he is 5 months and no period yet. Or sign of one either. The cramping however was alot worse with DS2 after birth and for weeks after probably until about 6 weeks pp. having EWCM at the moment but checked with ovulation test (I had loads left from trying) and I'm not ovulating. I've had lots of weird discharge which is apparently normal when ebf. No smell or anything but I had alot in pregnancy too. Deff not worried about it though. More annoying than anything! Xx

wow, a period smack dab on your LOs birthday! Thats crazy, and kind of neat too :D

So, i didn't BF my first as long as my second so how far PP i was when AF returned was different, however, with both it never returned until 2 weeks after i was done BFing, so in that sense it was similar and i reckon if i would have BFed them the same amount of time than im pretty sure i would have gotten AF back at the same time.
I have a condition that doesnt allow me to produce enough milk (Insufficient Glandular Tissue) and so i have to supplement (life or death situation for my babies) BUT i nurse and pump soooo entirely much, and nurse as much and as often as i can that i think thats one of the big reasons why my periods do this.

Both times my period came back 5 months pp. DS I introduced formula for the 2 days I worked from 5mo+, DD was EBF til 6 months but I still got my period after the same amount of time. Prior to this though, I did have lots of cramping and discharge so was expecting it to come before!

Forgot to mention I had lots of cramping and super fertile EWCM for stretches. Then it would dry and happen again this happened on and off the entire time I was BFing. Never had a cycle though so I think th hormones can fluctuate quite a bit even if u don't get AF for sometime

Thanks ladies. Well, my period-type pains were exactly 14 days ago now and no sign of AF so doesn't look like it was my AF starting. OH says no more babies for us so I guess it's a good thing if my AF doesn't return for at least a year again! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->