Muslin nappies good for newborns?

Misskitty

Reaction score
So i've already bought a stash of BG Flips which i plan on using as my 'staple' nappy, but i'm just wondering whether they might be a bit big an uneccessary for a brand new baby. So i was wondering about using muslins for the first little while. Has anyone got experience of this that could advise me please? Also if you do use muslins what king of wrap would you use over the top? I don't want to spend ££££ on loads of extra wraps as i've already got all the BG flips, but don't mind buying a few more to use with the muslins.

im probably going to use muslins as well as prefolds when this baby is new :) i'll be using motherease velcro wraps in small

x

I find that with the Flips, the outers are quite trim. Could you use the outer as a wrap for LO with a muslin underneath instead of using the Flip insert? I think it would be the inserts that would make the Flips bulky on a newborn.

I found muslins are great for the first week or so, but once mine were feeding well, muslins didn't soak enough up. You can use any wrap on any nappy as far as I know, so that's not a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->