Must have household items - name your fav!

greenbeans12

Reaction score
What is your favorite household item that you use? It can be a vacuum, kitchen utensil, appliance, etc. My favorite is my steam cleaner for my carpets. It really gets all of the dirt out of the carpet and makes the carpet look brand new and smell really good.

I am moving to Germany and would like to know everyone's favorite household item and why because I am starting from scratch. I have to get so much and I want to know what I should get. So share with me. :flower:

George Foreman Grill
Vax Carpet Cleaner
Dyson Handheld Vacuum
3D TV?
Potato Ricer
Granite chopping board

Dirty clothes basket - my husband didn't own one when I first moved in. I was like :wacko:

Microwave

Broom - we have wood and slate flooring so it's more useful than a hoover and I sweep up about 3 times everyday!

Wooden chopping board. Our friend had it made for us, we make all our dinners from scratch and it is sooo vital to have a good chopping board for food prep.

Garlic crusher - we use a lot of garlic :lol:

Washer/dryer!

A ceramic casserole dish, so easy to clean and nothing sticks to it.

Steam cleaner for my laminate flooring.

George Foreman!

Steamer for my vegetables. Blender to make nice milkshakes. A decent sized frying pan (I had a tiny one once and it was pathetic). Clothes horse.

Rabb karcher window vac ... A must have for when they're covered in snot/yoghurt/slober!
Dyson digital cordless vacuum cleaner.
I have a hot water tap instead of a kettle, instant boiled water... Couldn't do without it now.

I'd love a kitchen aid but no way I'm spending £400 on a mixer!

I love the tumble dryer and vacuums-handheld dyson and normal dyson ball-the handhelds great for after dinner under the highchair and the sofa, and the dyson ball is nice and light to use.

I reeallly want a dish washer though, constantly doing the dishes.
xx

A ceramic casserole dish, so easy to clean and nothing sticks to it.

Steam cleaner for my laminate flooring.

George Foreman!

Steamer for my vegetables. Blender to make nice milkshakes. A decent sized frying pan (I had a tiny one once and it was pathetic). Clothes horse.

ahh nice milkshakes in the blender :thumbup: going to ask OH to get some bits so I can have one on his way home :happydance:
xx

my massive dry mop :thumbup: I have white granite tiles that show EVERYTHING...so I can just go over the entire house with it 2 times a day in just a few minutes and have immaculate floors without dragging the hoover all over the place!

I told my DH that if we ever get divorced, the dry mop is mine :haha:

Thanks everyone! Everything sounds so helpful - I don't even know where to start. lol

My acti-fry! X

I second this....along with TiVo, does that count?

I'm in a very slim minority when I say I'd happily do without a dishwasher and tumble dryer!:haha:

I happily do without dishwasher and tumble dryer. Never felt the need to get one yet.

Mine would have to be my Samsung cordless hoover it has a charger plugged into the wall so I just wizz round when it needs it. It has a dust buster in too.

Good pans are a must mine are 5 years old used multiple times a day and still look brand new. Chopping board and a good pestle and morter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->