My '12 week' scan....

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
Isn't til I'm 13 weeks, :growlmad:. That's 8th February, still another 2 and a half weeks away. And that's going my my lmp date. My ticker is from a private scan where I got put forward by 5 days, so from THAT date I'll be 13+5. My midwife wouldn't use that date saying it's not accurate that small.

At my 8 week scan I was measuring 5 days ahead, and at my anatomy scan at 19 weeks I was measuring 10 days ahead. No change for me, either. :/ Hopefully your scan date will come sooner than you think! :D

I just hope It's ok for them to do the necessary checks and measurements etc that late!

I think that they can do the NT scan up until 13+6. Is it possible to request an earlier appointment? Even just by a few days, I don't know why they wouldn't reschedule for earlier if it's 2 weeks away.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Alarm bells should've rang Friday when my hairdresser who is 24 weeks said they couldn't fit in her 33 week scan til she was 36/37 weeks or something! And I'm supposedly being referred to foetal medicine and a consultant for extra care due to my stillbirth and losses, not heard anything about that yet!

I'm sorry for your losses and that they haven't referred you to fetal medicine. I would call and get persistent. Or perhaps call the fetal medicine location yourself and see if they can help get your referral done faster.

The NT is up to 13+6, mine with my son was at 13w and that was quite standard, but I remember you saying you had a letter promising you extra scans and reassurance so maybe talk to them about that? You might need to get pushy.

I feel stupid to ask but what is NT scan?? I was supposed to have my 12th week scan on Wednesday but dr cancelled and had to delay and I couldn't find an earlier appointment and tomorrow I'm 13 weeks and one day but now I'm freaking out !!! Does it have to be done exactly at 12 weeks or what??

Natanee, Sorry for ur losses .. and if by ur post ure anxious if baby is growing or not, hopefully all will be fine ! I've had two miscarriages, one was missed miscarriage at 10 weeks and I'm always freaking out ! I try to be strong and pray for the best

Good luck

I had a scan at 13+6 with my first. They were able to check everything just fine.

I feel stupid to ask but what is NT scan?? I was supposed to have my 12th week scan on Wednesday but dr cancelled and had to delay and I couldn't find an earlier appointment and tomorrow I'm 13 weeks and one day but now I'm freaking out !!! Does it have to be done exactly at 12 weeks or what??

Natanee, Sorry for ur losses .. and if by ur post ure anxious if baby is growing or not, hopefully all will be fine ! I've had two miscarriages, one was missed miscarriage at 10 weeks and I'm always freaking out ! I try to be strong and pray for the best

Good luck

The NT scan is the Nuchal Translucency ultrasound, they measure the collection of fluid under the skin at the back of baby's neck. The way my dr described it is there's a window between 11 and 13+6 weeks that they can measure it, afterwards its absorbed and they can't see it. You're having yours at 13+1 so you'll be perfect :thumbup:

My 12 week scan was at 13 + 6 in August 2016 and it was fine to do all the checks.

I should be fine then. I guess if I hadn't had the private scan I wouldn't have different dates so would just be going by lmp. I guess I'm just anxious about having it done and making sure everything's ok. I'm waiting for today's post to see if there's any letter re seeing a consultant, then I'll ring up and chase up and double check the scan dates.

Thanks mrs dragonfly! I can't believe this is my second pregnancy and I didn't know about this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->