My 2nd (even more!) Positive Experience : )

SoBlessedMama

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I have just put my 5 day old son to bed, and I wanted to hop on here and share my experience with this birth. This was my second c-section--we also have a 4.5 year old son born via c-section in 2010.

I really felt that overall, my first surgery was a positive experience. My son was healthy and safe, and aside from some minor complications, the entire procedure and recovery was smooth.

But three things bothered me--the spinal was too high, and I felt like I couldn't breathe (terrifying, but not dangerous), I had several blood clots that had to be removed manually (yes, doc's arm went in up to her elbow, and I screamed bloody murder), and lastly, I had a spinal headache that took two blood patches to go away.

But seriously, overall, the experience didn't bother me. But as time went on, I kind of built them up in my head and got more and more nervous.

Because of this, I was proactive about talking to the doctor and anesthesiologist ahead of time about my fears. They were AMAZING, and listened to everything I had to say. And let me tell you--this time could not have gone more perfectly! I know part of that is just dumb luck, part of it is having more experienced people working on me, and a HUGE part is praying for months about it ahead of time lol.

This time, the spinal went in perfectly, I could breathe the entire time, no clots to remove, no headache, and here I am feeling awesome on day 5. None of this is to brag and say mine was great--but I had so much anxiety, simply because of things that had gone wrong the first time. But this experience was so much different from the start, and left me very peaceful and happy with the process, and of course the results--a happy healthy baby, and smooth recovery!

Sorry for the long post, but I really hope that if someone is nervous about a c-section, whether first time or not--maybe you can read this and know that a positive experience IS possible. : ) I wish all you lovely ladies the very best, and here's to healthy little ones!!!

I remember reading your posts about the clots and high spinal. I am so glad things went smoothly for you this time. It gives those of us facing repeat sections hope. My last wasn't that traumatic but I still have that fear. Probably natural. I mean after all we are talking about a pretty major surgery. That and having way too much time to think about it unlike with an emcs. Talking out ones fears and past experiences with the doctors is a great idea. Anything can still happen but at least they would be aware and can reassure you.

Congrats on your beautiful little one and thanks for updating us. :flower:

Thanks, ladyslipper : ) I think you're exactly right, that having months and months to think about it makes it harder. I hope everything goes wonderfully for you this time!!

Thank you for sharing your experience! My c section is in 4 days time and it will be my first. I totally agree that having too long to think about it builds the whole thing up too much in your head! I am really pleased to hear everything was positive for you and I hope I feel the same afterwards :)

Leliana, I hope you have a wonderful experience, and I'm praying all goes smoothly as the time comes for you to meet your little one! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->