• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My 2ww survival plan!!

flossie1983

Reaction score
I have decided that I need a survival plan to get me through my 2ww’s or I will go crazy :wacko: So rather than focusing on the fact that I might be pregnant and on how I need to treat my body during this time I will think about all the things I’ll indulge myself in if AF shows up again (if she doesn’t then I’m pretty sure I’ll be too busy celebrating to care about any of this stuff :happydance:). This way I have something to look forward to whatever happens. These are all the things I will treat myself to if it’s not my turn this time:

• I will eat soft eggs for breakfast, tuna mayo sandwiches for lunch and a nice pink steak for dinner, washed down with a bottle of wine :beer:
• I will drink enough tea and coffee to end up feeling like a kid on blue smarties all afternoon.
• I will go down to my local leisure centre and sit in the hot tub until I’m pretty much being boiled alive.
• I will wear my skinniest jeans and tightest tops and walk around pretending to be in the special-K advert (even if she is clearly considerably skinnier than I am, she could probably do with putting on a few pounds anyway!).
• I will get DH to take me somewhere nice so I can wear my favourite figure-hugging dress.
• I will enjoy some good lovin’ time with DH that ends in a cuddle rather than with me sticking my bum and legs in the air yelling encouragement at the sperm! :hugs:

For now I will spend as much time as possible distracting myself with books, girly movies and gentle home pampering whenever possible. And if I do still find myself thinking about babies I will try to concentrate on positive action. I will not run to the internet every time I think I’ve got the teeniest tiniest new symptom [-X, I will instead google nursery designs or baby names.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies, one way or another we will all get our turn in the end!

:hugs::dust::hugs:

Hiya! I think thats an awesome plan!
I am on the dreaded TWW as well, trying my hardest not to test until the 27th (ish)
I was thinking the same in my head as you, probably with a little more emphasis on the wine!
Good Luck, I will keep my fingers crossed that the witch stays away for you!

Great idea, iv been doing the same, thinking about going for a night out once AF arrives, and having a few glasses of wine for the night :)

yep great idea!! i think if AF shows im guna down a bottle of wine on saturday lol

i find it really hard to distract myself during the 2 weeks tho =(

xxxx

Me too, I am just awful I have no patience at all, and the idea of having to wait another 6 days is making me crazy!

I really like this!!! Sounds like a plan we all can and should adapt to :thumbup:

Fantastic plan . . . really made me smile!!! The 2ww kills me every month, so maybe the distraction plan is the way to go! Does anyone else just feel like they wish the months away and time just passes you by? I can't believe it's nearly May already . . . .!

I'm off to start thinking about my plan . . . and to inform OH of his involvment . . . :thumbup:

Good luck all! x

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your plan!!

Just thought I’d add this to my survival plan... I found out that ice cream contains more protein than milk and as it’s also got lots of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D it is great for bone development, therefore whenever I get a bit down from all this self-deprivation during my 2ww I am going to have lots and lots of ice cream to cheer me back up again :icecream:!! If I am pregnant then it will be good for baby to build strong bones and if I’m not then I’ll just burn off all those extra calories when me and DH try again!

Might want to avoid gelato and mousses though as they’re full of raw egg [-X

:hug:

:rofl: I love the yelling encouragement at the sperm! LOL! That's a new one!

i love your survival plan.. im 5 dpo and going crazy :wacko: lol

thanks for the ice cream tip :winkwink: i think i must try that out hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"