my baby is 5lb 110z and 6 weeks to go....

bumpyjo

Reaction score
is this a normal weight? this is my first baby and im pretty big keep getting achy feelin down there and i know his head is in the right position just wandered what you think the chances are of him coming early?? really dont think ill make it till christmas day lol have had the "nesting" period :thumbup:

I think its a bit on bigger side. I'm due 3 days before and my Lo is quite big at 6lb 4oz x

Didn't wanna r&r.
I read that they put on about half pound a week at this stage ... Making your baby roughly 8 to 9lb at 40 week. Its big but not unheard of. My 1st was 7.5 and 2nd 8.13.
Still if I were you armed with such info i'd probably be expecting and earlier appearance. :)

thanku, well i have had that itchy thingy o.c cant spell it but they said they wouldnt let me go past 38 weeks but not mentioned anything so bit worried dont know whats going on lol x

Seems a good weight hun but these things aren't always accurate. Have usually been on target with all my measurements, had growth scan at 36 weeks and LO was 6.5 pounds.

hi,

at 28 weeks baby was weighing 2lb 12oz
at 32 weeks baby was weighing 5lb 12oz
at 36 weeks baby was weighing 7lb 8oz

I have a section booked 39 weeks and they have estimated between 9 and 9 1/2lb. I have had extra growth scans as DD weighed 6lb 2oz at term. (saying this they also estimated her at 8-9lb) I personally think any estimate is +/- 2lb.

In so far a coming early this is 2nd baby for me been 2/5 engaged at 30 weeks, fully engaged at 34 weeks, despite many signs of an early appearance i am 37 weeks tues and nothing.

The main thing is your baby is gaining weight.

My son was born at 32 weeks weighing 5lb 6oz and at my 36 week scan this LO wieghs approx 6lb 13oz! If she puts on another 2lb she will be a 9lb'er!! Gulp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->