My baby just doesn't move much?

Kittique

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this and all was ok? Since about 26 weeks this baby just hardly moves. Am 32 weeks now. 20-26 weeks she was all over the place but now I'm lucky if I get 5 moves all day.

I've been in to be monitored 4 times and they've said everything looks fine. I've even had a scan and they checked the umbilical blood flow which was normal. Even in the scan, she was just lying there still :,( I cried looking at her just laying there.

Even now, I've had no movement since yesterday eve am laying on left side drinking a diet coke with ice, music on belly, poked and wiggled my belly, put a cold can on it- absolutely nothing!!

If I go to hospital, what else can they do!! I've had a scan that says she's fine I just feel... Helpless! This can't be normal? Or is she just very lazy!??

Sorry I have no experience, but I think you just have to go with what is normal for your baby as long as you feel those normal 5 movements then I'm sure things are fine, especially as you know the cord etc is normal.
Also at this point there really isn't much room for rolling around etc so more pushing their feet & hands out.

Of course if you are really concerned & felt nothing then definitely get checked again.

I think you have one chilled out LO in there, maybe a sign of a easy baby? :flower:

I've had very quiet weeks with my baby. If they say everything looks okay you just have to tell yourself that. My baby always moved most when I was in the bath. Maybe try that? Also try leaving your hands on your stomach. Even now I feel it on my hands without necessarily feeling a moving sensation inside.

Goodluck!!

My daughter (first pregnancy so didn't even know the kick count really) was lucky enough to get 10 kicks in 2 hours maybe an hour and a half if lucky. She just didn't move much in there. She was a very laid back baby and still is a very laid back toddler now at 18 months. She's active but laidback. But that is what was normal for her and me.

This pregnancy I'd be concerned if Logan slowed down since I can easily get to the 10 kick count between 5 and 30 minutes. He's a very active baby.

My daughter moved very little in there. She scared me a LOT! She is now a happy, healthy 14 month old. Now she barely ever stops moving. This baby is a bit more active, I'm not used to this at all.

There are times when I don't feel baby moving...but when I'm at an ultrasound they tell me that he is moving but I don't feel him at all. It was the same with my dd.

But baby not moving and really being not moving (as in not the case of movements not being felt) I have no idea as I haven't experienced that. Did they tell you anything to reassure you? I can imagine how worried you must be! :hugs:

I was exactly the same in and out of hospital getting checked. My daughter just didn't move much. Even after she was born she didn't much either. Now she's a very active one year old! IF they say all is ok I'm sure it probably is. If you go so many times usually they give you another scan to check every thing is a hundred per cent ok so if you get another one that may help ease your mind again xx

Sorry just read you've alreasy had one! Babies do sleep a hell of a lot and that's probably the case :) maybe she or he moves when you sleep without you knowing x

Its so horrible! I wish she would move all the time

She doesn't move at all all night long and never wakes me up

Maybe I should just be grateful and hope she's a calm baby but god does it frighten me!!

Yes it's wry frightening. When you've brought it up to midwives do they still tell you to come in and get monitored? Xx

I would keep contacting the hospital every time you have concerns if I am totally honest. They have criteria for a normal ECG and if they can't get baby to move on the scan they need to look into what is going on.

A friend just had her baby at 33 weeks via c section due to repeated incidents of no fetal movement, abnormal CTGs and just not moving on scans. Her baby appears to be fine on the outside but the hospital's view was that on the inside that was normal and something must be causing that behaveour.

I am sure your baby is absolutely fine but if you aren't happy please please chase this up.

I agree, if you're worried definitely get it checked out every time, it does seem like she's very laid back. I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and even I would feel more than 5 episodes of movement during the day, it did worry me last time as it wasn't much more than that and you couldn't feel or see the movement from the outside either but it's always worth getting checked.

My daughter has very specific movement patterns, the most of her movement is, sadly, right before bed and first thing in the morning (before I'm even up lol). I can spend the rest of the day without much movement. Sometimes I'll eat something that tickles her fancy and she'll go bananas but for the most part, pretty quiet from 10am to 9pm lol.

Unless there's loud TV or music. Like stupid loud. Movie theatre loud. She either really likes it or really hates it lol.

Just following. I've been monitored twice already for decreased movements and its so scary. I'm going through a quiet couple days right now after a very active Valentine's day and it scares me to death. I just want to know why she isn't moving as much as she does some days. Saturday was ridiculous, could see her feet pressing against my stomach and everything, but Sunday and today, hardly anything at all. Even right now which is normally a very active time for her. I have another scan tomorrow to check movement and fluid level again.

I'm sorry you're going through this too, although it doesn't sound like you have active days at all? Just think of how nice it will be if she truly is a laid back baby. But in the mean time it's no consolation and I completely understand. My girl doesn't move during scans either. My last one they Sat there for 45 mins giving me Apple and Orange juice trying to get her to move and she wouldn't. The lady in l&d told me to lay on my left side and should be able to count 3 movements in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I should be reassured by the scan but I just wasn't! Such a worrier

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this too mod19, it's so scary! She does occasionally have an active half hour or so - she did last night and I was so relieved! I was almost ready to go in again and be monitored....they will be sick of the sight of me!! I hope your scan goes well.

Thank you. But the way I see it better safe than sorry and you're hardly the only person that goes in a lot. Sometimes instincts kick in and sometimes you just need to be reassured. Either way, I doubt they're sick of you. And even if they are, it's their job.

ME!!! My baby is soooo mellow!! It freaks me out and gives me major anxiety. I do feel her everyday and she gives me some good stretches here and there but def not like some women explain. Right now she is laying along my left side and I get her little butt pushing out throughout the day under my ribs and some wiggling here and there but that is about it. You are not alone.. She has very rarely hurt me with her movements either. My baby is a lazy one too. :flower:

I have also been in on a few occasions to get monitored and she always checks out perfect. She just isn't super active. :(

@Kittique they did a biophysical profile on my LO at one of my visits and she just laid there in the US too. That stressed me out too. I know how you feel!! She did score a 10 because she did give enough movement to pass the test. They did have to buzz her once ... and that made me feel bad too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->