My balloon induction story :)

Monkei

Mummy to Maisie
Reaction score
I thought I'd add this here as when I was searching for balloon induction stories I found very few.
I went in on Friday 24th at 8.30 am to start the induction process and I had the balloon catheter inserted I was 1cm dilated around an hour contractions started gradually building up to every three minutes lasting 1 minute I was then contracting 4/10 my cervix wasn't changing and I knew I needed my energy so I asked for pethadine. After 5 hours my contractions stopped completely. I walked and walked, bounced did everything I could to get them going again but nothing until 9pm when the balloon fell out and I was examined and 3cm and they could feel Charlie's head. Delivery suite had to shut to new patients so there was a wait to go down and I was second on the list. Around 2 am this changes as I was 1cm more dilated than the other lady and I went down to delivery suite to have my waters broken. They couldn't break my waters as they were tight around his head so they called in the senior mw and she thought she could feel cord there so she wouldn't risk it. It was agreed that they would wait until the morning when they would scan me and break my waters if they were able to. They came and scanned at 7am and no cord was found so my waters were broken and I was given until 11 am to begin contracting on my own again. Again walked round for a while, bounced etc but contractions weren't regular so the drip was started at 11 am. I began contracting regularly and was coping well for a few hours even though I was on continues monitoring. After a few hours of avoidance they had to fit a catheter. At some point I began contracting one on top of the other so requested an epidural the lady that did it was my best friend she was so lovely.
. I was examined at 5 and told I had 4 hours to dilat to 6 cm or I would need an emergency section. There was a change of shift at 8 am and when I 9pm deadline came I was examined by a new consultant and was only 4 cm but my new mw pleaded my case and she helped me the next four hours mobilising and walking with the epi in place. She turned the drip up as far as she could but babies hb kept dropping when I was contracting u was examined at just after one and was only 5cm so the decision of theatre was made. Que melt down from me after they said theatre was too cold and baby would have to be delivered and taken to dad. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid ! My lovely midwife stepped in and got her manager involved and they said the theatre was too cold to even consider operating on me so main theatres were opened. I said all I wanted was my baby delivered onto me for skin to skin straight away and I didn't want any checks etc if he was ok. Charlie was born screaming at 2.40 am and after cord was cut he was out straight onto me they didn't even wipe him down and I got to experience what I didn't with my daughter. Charlie 7lbs 2oz we had some issues with blood sugar and jaundice but managed to avoid a scbu stay just with topping up with ebm at every feed. So although I didn't get my vbac I got the end I wanted :)

So great you had such great midwives!! Congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->