My beautiful son ... i finally did it!!

lauralora

Reaction score
hey ladies

Firstly... A huge thankyou to xrosanna for updating for me throughout the birth :thumbup:

Secondly... I cannot even put into words how much the support on this forum has helped me through my long hard and as you all no, very anxious journey. Without the ladies on here i think i would have broke down and took myself to the A&e a thousand times! I feel such a special bond with all of you, and im so amazed at how much of you have cared and followed my posts throughout the pregnancy, its absolutley overwhelming :hugs:

Okay .... so .....

I started losing my plug on thursday after sex (SO TRY IT LADIES!!!) then on saturday just before i went to bed i felt the weirdest pressure in my bum and in my front, i kind of felt something weird was going to happen.... it was 3am and i was half asleep but felt this weird kick or pop in my vagina, then the water followed, i bolted up in bed and at first i wasnt sure, but everytime i tried to move it was flowing out of me. At first i really panicked because me being such a worrier couldnt except id get to the hospital without something bad happening. It took my boyfriend a good ten mins to convince me to stand up because i was crying thinking i was going to bleed. Anyway once the shock was over i got a grip of myself and got dressed, and off we went to the hospital.

I was put in a room straight away, they put me on a monitor and i was having irregular contractions so they did a speculum and said my cervix was still closed and 'not favourable' so they left me to see if anything would start happening on its own. Well after an hour i did start getting contractions every 2 mins, this happend for about an hour and i was convinced by now they would have dialted me a cm or 2. i was also getting uncomfortable and i decided to tell midwife to check me as i couldnt handle contractions without any pain relief no more.

Well they did an internal and told me i was even 1 cm dialted and my cervix was no where near ready for labour, i wasnt even in active labour, babys head couldnt be felt AND worst of all he had turned once again... BACK TO BACK! well as soon as all this was told to me i cried my heart out, id be doing so well breathing through the contractions to find out NOTHING was happening. The midwifes really had to calm me down. They told me that now they had given me an internal i would have to be induced through a drip as there was a chance of infection. So i was put on the drip and they give me an injection of diamorphine in the top of my leg to help with pain. The contractions did really start coming strong but i was coping now id had the injection, but my head was spinning, i didnt like it at all so was laid with my eyes closed and just breathing through the pain.

They came back in the room and said the contractions were now strong and regular, so they turned up the drip and offerd me the epidural, i accepted as didnt want to risk being in too much pain. Once they gave me the epidural i felt nothing apart from mild period pains every few mins, it was totally bareable pain and i was doing really well, this went on for hours..... the epidural started wearing off in my right hips, leg and pelvic bone every couple of hours so they kept topping it up.

They decided to check me again and i was dreading it, i was scared i wouldnt be dialted at all ..... but OMG they checked me and i was 8cm!!! id gone from nothing to 8cm practically painless!! but VERY out of it on all the drugs :haha:

Well getting from 8cm to 10cm was very painful, i could only feel pain in my right hip and leg still, but it did hurt (but dont worry, it was bareable) Well from 8cm to 10cm i cannot remember a thing, i was sucking in the gas and air like there was no tommorrow!! my mum and boyfriend were telling me i was singing, laughing and farting :blush: how embarrasing :haha:

Well it took me half an hour to get from 8cm to 10cm, they checked me and said 'ok laura well done, its time to push.' i shit myself (not literally :haha:)

well the first hour of pushing wasnt even bad, i didnt feel much of an urge to push but it didnt hurt, it was just SO SO draining! i felt like i would never get there (this is because baby was back to back, his head just would not crown at all)

Into the second hour i was pushing so hard and not much progress was being made, i reelly started getting urges to push and it was hurting ALOT, i started begging for help, so they got the doctor. Due to his very awkward position it was decided they would put the suction on his head to help. well this process was agonasing but only lasted 5 minutes, once the doctor had it round his head he was out in about 4 big pushes. And what a relief!!!

To be completley honest, i enjoyed the experience ... even though it ended badly dialting wasnt bad, pushing wasnt bad ..... it was only that last half an hour that was the worst pain ive felt in my life (and that was only because of his positon during the birth)

they put him straight onto me and he peed all over me :haha: :haha:

he was weighed at 8 pounds 8 ounces.

I had to have stiches due to a few second degree tears.

Due to having a vontouse deliverly i had to stay in hospital sunday night. I actually could not walk at all for the first night, my boyfriend had to do everything, including changing the first nappy. (and may i say he is an absolutley amazing daddy) i couldnt walk well at all monday, tuesday was better, and today im walking quite well thank goodness!!

Hes absolutley gorgeous ladies i love him so much, he is my world, i cannot believe hes here in my life after 9 months of total worry.

Anyone who wants to add me on facebook to check on ollys progres or mine feel welcome to, my email addres is [email protected]

i wish you all the luck in the world with your pregnancies ... i wil still come on here when ever i get the time, im going to take myself over to baby club now, so ill look forward to hearing from you all :)

Also if i can help any first time mums with any worries they have PLEASE email me, i would love to help you out as i no what a big worry it can be, id be happy to answer questions ( me thinking im a pro now :haha: )
but seriously i have the lowest pain thresh hold in the world! if i can do it anyone can :haha:

wow this is long ... i will stop rambling on

enjoy his pictures......

Attachments

• olly 3.jpg
    olly 3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 163
  • olly 4.jpg
    olly 4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 132
  • olly 5.jpg
    olly 5.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 170
  • olly1.jpg
    olly1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 146
  • olly2.jpg
    olly2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 153
Oh my god he is absolutely DIVINE!!!! Well done you! I was checking everyday to see if any news. So glad that it all went well :)

awwww! he's beautiful! congratulations!

you should be very proud of yourself...labour and birth is a really tough thing and you sound like you handled it brilliantly! well done you! x

Congratulations he is gorgeous :)

ahhhh he is gorgeous!!!!
well done, im sooo pleased for you :flower:
:hugs: enjoy being a little family xxx

Congratulations to you both Lora! sorry it was painful one but you got there in the end!
Love the last picture of Olly! Thanks for updating us all :D

Aw bless he is so cute xxxxxxx gorgeous baby well done x

he's absolutely gorgeous, well done! I remember seeing you in the 1st trimester and following your progress all the way through.

Well Done!! Aahhh im soo pleased for you all the worrying times you had etc and we were all waiting for the updates to what was happening!! OH is out tonight but thats it tomorrow OH is getting some action!
Hes beautiful by the way x

He's lovely!! I am very hormonal today and have just cried over your birth story!! Sad, Sad lady I am! xx

Wow, congratulations, he is so adorable!!

You've helped me with some queries over the last few weeks so although I don't know you, it's so nice to hear a happy ending and that you are doing well.

xx

Aww what a cute baby boy! I want him lol

Congratulations xx

I'm so pleased for you hun!

He is gorgeous, and so handsome :cloud9: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member