My birth story - introducing Jacob born 31/3/09.

Katiex

Mummy to Jacob and WTT
Reaction score
where do i start?! hope i get this in the right order sorry if its all muddled up and doesnt make sense!

I was having slight pains through out sunday but thought nothing of it, monday came and still got the pains went for a walk and rung the hospital as they were coming every 5-10 mins but were very irregular and didnt think waters had gone so the hospital said no need to come in?! even though i was told previously to go to hospital when they got so close. dh decided to go to work as it worked out better for holidays etc plus he only worked 10 mins away so it was easy for him to come back home.

it got to about 7pm so i rung hospital again as they were still 5-10 mins and more regular they said to stay at home as my waters hadnt gone, even thought the pains were really strong. rung dh and said i was going into hospital so he came home i rung hospital back and said i was going in as at this time the contractions were every 5 mins. got to hospital was monitored and told to go home as i was only 2 cm!!! so went home had a bath as this time the pains were really strong. left it an hour and rung up told them was going in, got there went to the room was told i wouldnt be going home :happydance:

i was then given gas and air, how weird!! instead of it making me giddy it completely knocked me out!! it sent me to sleep! i was expecting it to make me giddy.

got checked out and was 4 cm so got ready to go to the birthing pool, when up there got comfy and put on my music and had some more gas and air inbetween falling asleep!

a few hours later i had a real urge to push midwife said it was ok and so i did! it seemed like an eternity but apparently from pushing to having him it was only a few hours.

stephen my husband was there throughout helping me and he managed to watch me have jacob. along with the midwife and her torch! :rofl: when the head crowned and he arrived into this world it was amazing and as i had water birth he just floated up to the surface and they caught him and passed him to me it was brill! I then passed the placenta naturally in the pool without needing to get out.

Back in the room after the birth our families were there and we all had a 'family' moment which was great.

After they left I got checked out, this is where things went wrong :cry: they checked me out and found i had a tear midwife was gonna stitch me up but had to wait an hour before doing so. when it came to the time to stitch me up the midwife had to call someone more experienced to do it as she said it was quite difficult. so i was taking in the gas and air which seemed to really effect me the room went funny and i cant really remember much else! just that there were doctors coming in and looking at my lady parts and the next thing i know is that they were telling me i would have to go to theatre as the tear was 3rd degree and in a bad place. I was so scared, i had to sign forms to say i might need blood transfusion and may have incontinence in the future etc. I can just remember crying. If anyone would have asked me before i had jacob what i was most scared of i would have said definately tearing and here it happend. I enjoyed the birth apart from the pain! but found the whole experience over shadowed by having to go to theatre and be stitched up. :cry:

All went ok and after 5 days in hospital and meeting some wonderful midwifes, hospital staff and having my gorgeous baby boy it was the best experience ever! I am so glad I had a water birth as due to the tearing etc I will prob have to have c-section next time.

here is our little baby boy, Jacob Samuel Atkinson born 31/3/09 @4.46am weighing 8lb 1oz.

Attachments

• DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00112.jpg
    DSC00112.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
Congratulations! He is a gorgeous little baby and you should be very proud.

xo

Congratulations he is gorgeous! :hugs: xxx

awwww! congratulations and I hope you aren't in too much pain my dear!
xoxoxo
LP

Congratulations he is soooooooooooo cute!
x

Congratulations! shame about the end but great you got the birth you wanted, hes gorgeous xx

He is adorable... :cloud9: congratualtions!

Sorry to hear about your tearing.. :-( I am terrified about this too!

Poor you!!!! a scary time but you came through and your birth was problem free and your baby boy is gorgeous!!!

Well done and congratulations, hope for a speedy healing!!

Rebecca.

congratulations he's gorgeous xxx

:cloud9:

Congratulations hun :pink:

Hes handsome x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel