My boring birth story

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Monday 14th Feb :- 4 days overdue MW appointment, she decided that I should be booked in for an induction on Sunday if nothing happened before then. I asked her to give me another sweep (had one by the Consultant on the Friday before) she did it was no where near as uncomfy as the one the Consultant did.
As the day / night wore on I was crapping myself at the thought of the induction. Having missed my antenatel classes due to being in hospital the only antenatal advice I had was "Don't come to the hospital too early because you'll end up in a room with a curtain round you where you have nothing else to think about other than the pain, if you are at home then you'll walk about, watch TV, take your mind of the pain" I couldn't sleep that night and took to writing my fairly simple birth plan water birth and no drips. The No Drips bit was more to stop an induction than anything else I put a hole in the page and broke the pen writting it and underlining it.

Tuesday 15th Feb:- DH left for work (away from home) about 5am. I was really tired from the lack of sleep the night before. I had lots of plans for the day got up had shower then looked at the bed and lay back down that was me until 3.30 in the afternoon. I dragged myself to the garage to get the new tyre for my car. Then decided I should look for a relaxation CD as I was so wound up i knew I'd never go into labour alone. On way to small Waterstones I passed a small beauty salon an asked for a back and shoulders massage. By the time I was done there Waterstones was shut. So I decided to head to the big out of town late opening centre. At some point I noticed I was having Braxton Hicks:dohh: I eventually got home at 9.30 but now doubting if I was in early labour or BH. Phoned DH and timed my contactions over an hour they were 15mins apart. I warned him I might need him to come home but I didn't want him to drive without some sleep since he'd been up since 4am.

Wednesday 16th Feb :- I tried going to bed but rocketed every time I had a contraction. So tried sleeping sitting up before giving up and filing my nails:wacko: I decided to call the hospital about 2am who thought I might be ready to come in about 8 or 9 am Decided to watch bit of TV before phoning DH at 4am only for him to tell me his car was blocked in:nope: Shit I'm in labour at home alone he's 2 and half hours away and his car is blocked in - why he never got it out the night before is beyond me. I went for a bath, he arrived home at 8.30, I got out the bath about 9.30 after being in there over 5 hours. My contactions slowed again. The rest of the day was very uneventful who knows how many laps I did of the ktchen, worktops right height to lean on. Went for another bath about 9pm and re-emerged about 12pm.

Thursday 17th Feb :- After emerging from the bath my contractions became more frequent 4min and intense. I called the hospital who said come in and get checked if you want so DH helped me to get ready. Weird leaving the house knowing the next time I'm back I might have a baby. Our journey took twice as long as it should have because of fog. Made it to hospital about 1.30 then they took ages in the assement before deciding I was 6cm dilated and sent me to the labout suites. I asked for a birth pool by the time they filled it DH collected my bag from the car and I got in it, it was around 2.30. I remember about 3.15 thinking my contractions have slowed. Then the MW said the same time I decided to give it until 3.30 before getting out the pool but somehow they started speeding up and before I knew where I was I had the urge to push. LO was born at 4.02 with about 3 or 4 pushes.

sounds like a relatively easy birth :flower: congrats hun and hope you and little one are doing well :flower:

Lovely birth story! Congratulations hun xx

Wow. Sounds like u kept ur cool and it paid off with a straight forward birth. Congratulations. I'd love my labour to be like this. Did u not even have any gas and air?

So how are finding being parents?

awww its not boring, its a birth!!! Congrats xxx

Wow. Sounds like u kept ur cool and it paid off with a straight forward birth. Congratulations. I'd love my labour to be like this. Did u not even have any gas and air?

So how are finding being parents?

I had some paracetomal at home, but there were long periods when I never had anything and gas and air once I was in the pool.

During my few pushes which came very close together I remember the MW & DH trying to tell me to take deep breaths, I remember saying "I can't breath out never mind breath in" :haha:

Loving having the wee man in our lifes. It feels like he has always been here, ie struggle to remember what life was like without him, but at the same time the last 3 weeks have passed in a blur. Make sure you get lots of photos...and videos

Not boring at all hun, exactly the calm(ish) labour I would have expected and wished for you. Congrats again. Looking forward to catching up in Baby Club once Noodle (new nickname) has stopped BFing constantly and I have some hands-free time!! xx

If you're on FB please do add me, I am Moo Edwards with a profile pic of Niamh.

Not boring at all hun, exactly the calm(ish) labour I would have expected and wished for you. Congrats again. Looking forward to catching up in Baby Club once Noodle (new nickname) has stopped BFing constantly and I have some hands-free time!! xx

If you're on FB please do add me, I am Moo Edwards with a profile pic of Niamh.

Some how hands free time isn't happening here, just mastered the art of one handed typing while wee one is on the boob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->