my boy, Buddy 24/02/11 16+3 *photos*

wish2bmum

Xx angel son xX
Reaction score
I wish to thank everyone on this board for the support and advice given to me over the past week. You have truely helped me when I knew nowhere else to turn and have helped me to be prepared for what was about to happen to my baby and what to expect during the labour which sadly shouldn't have been happening for another 24 weeks.

On Thursday 24th February at 4.15pm our baby boy Buddy was born sleeping after a shortish labour and the worst day of my life. I came to this board looking for help and guidance, and found that from all the brave ladies who have posted on here and found peace in the thread and photos posted by BabyBoyle, her thread made me realise there was nothing to be scared of about what was going to happen.

If this helps just one other person going through the same then I'm happy with that and feel that writing down my story will help the healing process which I hope will follow.

so here it is.

I had the first tablet on Tuesday 22nd, which made me a bit sick and gave me an uncomfortable feeling like pre period! Then went into hospital on Thursday 24th at 7.30am. I'll not forget walking into that room knowing that was the end for my pregnancy, but anyway, the staff were lovely and friendly and I had the first pessary at 8.30am and one in the rectum for pain relief. Shorly after the pain relief came straight out and down the toilet (sorry TMI) so was a little pointless to say the least. At 10am my stomach started to tighten and I was getting a few niggly pains really low down in my stomach. Had another pessary at 11.30am, the pains were getting more frequent and more painful but were bearable, about 1pm I felt a lot of pressure and really heavy low in my stomach and at 1.30pm my waters broke. The pain then became quite intense and really painfull so after an hour and half I decided to ask for some pain relief and was given cocodamol which took the edge right off. I even dosed off for about 4o mins as I felt so spaced out from the tablets.

Then at 3.30pm my back became painful, I thought from lying down all that time but soon realised it was becasue he was coming, I had the erge to get up, but just couldn't stand so I sat on one of those toilet seat type things and at 4.15pm my baby boy was born into a bedpan. I was scared to look but oh could see he was still attached by the cord, the nurse came in and took him away and I got back into bed, she came back a moment later with Buddy in a small wooden casket and had taken his foot and hand print, she gave him to my oh as I was still unsure whether I wanted to see him or not.

After seeing oh's face light up and smile as his eyes filled with tears I knew I had to see him and there was nothing to be scared about, we held him for a while and gazed at his perfectly formed features in amazment, wrote a little card to leave with him and as BabyBoyle comfortingly said, this time was so peaceful and calm, it was a beautiful moment, unfortunately not in the sense it should but it was.

30mins later the placenta came, and at 7pm I was allowed to go home. I have to say it wasn't a nice experience and I never want to have to go through that again, I just hope it's true that time is a great healer and with time I can grow to smile again. Thanks for reading :flower:

https://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm468/adamandbecks/Bump%20and%20Baby/Buddy2402113-1.jpghttps://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm468/adamandbecks/Bump%20and%20Baby/Buddy2402116-1.jpg

https://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm468/adamandbecks/Bump%20and%20Baby/Buddy2402118-1.jpghttps://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm468/adamandbecks/Bump%20and%20Baby/Buddy2402115-1.jpg

Love you little man, RIP with the other angels :angel:

aww hun thank you for sharing your story, hes truly beautiful and looks so peaceful kinda like hes smiling :cry: hope you have gentle days ahead :hugs: fly high baby buddy:angel:

I have been following your thread and just wanted to say im so sorry for your loss! What a difficult thing for you and your OH to go through.

Buddy is beautiful and looks very content and at rest. Sleep tight little man x

Thanks for sharing your story.

Buddy is beautiful x

what a lovely little boy - so sorry for your loss. Sleep tight buddy xx

What a beautiful post! Your courage and strength is stronger than i think you know! Your son is beautiful and he does look like he's smiling! I hope the next few days are gentle on you!
Take care of yourself sweetie xxxx

beautiful little angel!!! you are so brave hun and take things day by day everone here is just amazing id never have got through it without them! we are all here for you and saying a prayer for your little boy xxxx

Such precious photos, thank you for sharing. You're in my thoughts x

Your son is so beautiful. - massive hugs to you and your loved ones hun xxxxxxx

so beautiful, love to u and ur family xxx

He's gorgeous, thank you for sharing your story and lovely pictures. Rest in peace, beautiful angel!

Beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss hon xx :hugs:

I'm so sorry :hugs: thank you for sharing your story and the pics of your beautiful baby xx

What a beautiful little boy he is, he really looks like he is smiling :cloud9: I'm so sorry this has happened to you :( Sending gentle :hugs: your way x

im so sorry for your loss, its breaking my heart reading your story and seeing the pictures of that beautiful little boy, stay strong hun. fly high angel your mummy and daddy need watching over xxx

He is beautiful, and I agree that it looks like he is smiling, so peaceful. You are so brave. :hugs:

What a beautiful boy, fly high sweetheart, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->