My buddies have moved on but I'm still in TTC-ville - anyone else with me?

minimoocow

Reaction score
Hi all

I joined here last year as part of the "waiting to try until December" thread. Since then we moved into TTC and recently onto the pregnancy boards since most of the ladies now have their BFPs in fact some are halfway through . . .

But, I'm one of the few still TTC so I thought I'd start a thread for those of us in similar positions as although the ladies on my original thread are lovely and very supportive they are obviously now at a different stage and whilst its lovely to see their scan pics it was also great to when we were all TTC and moaning about the TWW etc and it would be good to be part of a TTC group again.

So this is for anyone who's orginal group has moved on, who's been trying for a few months but not long enough to start worrying or be classed as long term TTC. Hopefully we can hang out hear until we get our BFPs and then maybe join our original groups or start a new pregnancy thread.

Anyone want to join?

hey :) im in the same boat seems like all my friends have concieved or had their babies ! . im still trying !! im on my first round of clomid n need a good buddie to rant with ! :) 5 days til testing xxx

Hi Kammy

Sending lots of :dust:

Did you try anything different this month besides clomid? I've been using pre-seed for the first time. It seems to have lots of success stories but its also quite nice!!! :blush:

I think I am due to OV in a couple of days so I'll be in the TWW soon. I hate the last few days before testing - it seems to take forever. Before TTC I never imagined POAS could be addictive!

im on folic acid and my husband is on vitamins but weve been on them before so its only the clomid thats new. is the pre-seed the lube that helps get pregnant? iv never used it before but seen it on the internet :p .. i might try it ! :p .. yeah the 2ww is the worst especially wen ya waiting to Ovulate n then waiting to test i feel like iv been BDin too much ! haha just trying to be sure ! but ive read so much stuff about everything my head is jummbled ! xxx

Yep pre-seed is sperm friendly lube. It says "seriously fun baby making" on the tube which i think is what we needed. I'm on cycle 6 of trying with suspected late chemical/very early mc on cycle 2 and it had started to get very regimented and stressful . . . I know its not been that long but you do start to worry - I know when I OV, we time BD correctly etc etc . . .

How long you been trying? Do you have a lo already?

been trying for 3 years off n on naturally we was preventing i stoped my pill n that after we had a false possitive cos we got quite attached to the idea n weve not had a possitive since . i went the doc n my tests came bk normal aparently im ovulating so i dont see what clomid is gona do . but ive heard it helps so ill try anything . sorry i dont mean what "lo" means ? not good with all the shorthand yet :p xx

oo i checked on the lingo page .. lol no i dont have any children yet xx

oo i checked on the lingo page .. lol no i dont have any children yet xx

I just wondered if the lad in your pic was yours! We are ttc our first too.

I'm not sure what difference clomid will make either if you are already OV although I read it is prescribed as a first step for "unexplained" fertility issues? Maybe the theory is that more eggs out there gives you a better chance :haha: who knows?!

I've been poas to check OV but been negative the last 3 days . . . still gives me something to do to satisfy my poas obsession that seems to have developed. I was so convinced I wouldn't be "one of those women" and yet it seems I've been reduced to it :haha:

So are you symptom spotting yet? Anything to report?

im literally getting everything like pms but wen iv eaten i keep being sick in my mouth a little like acid reflux? :S ... so confused abit of nausea and weeing like a old woman !.. but i dnt wana get too attached to my symptoms incase i get a bfn ! .. im addicted to testing to i keep thinkin maybe today maybe today .. urgh ! im due af in 4 days bleh ! needs to be now ! getting so impatient :p how about u ? xx

im literally getting everything like pms but wen iv eaten i keep being sick in my mouth a little like acid reflux? :S ... so confused abit of nausea and weeing like a old woman !.. but i dnt wana get too attached to my symptoms incase i get a bfn ! .. im addicted to testing to i keep thinkin maybe today maybe today .. urgh ! im due af in 4 days bleh ! needs to be now ! getting so impatient :p how about u ? xx

Are you still holding out? I am poas every day for OV test but nothing so far - I'm normally about day 16 so pos OV test day 14 or 15 but still negative . . . grr

ahh my af arrived yesterday !! safe to say i was deverstated ! .. but im not giving up cos it was only my first go of clomid so im ment to start taking my clomid again today .. here it goes ! my husband sperm count test turned up today so hopefully we will get some answers !!
thats abit odd isnt it maybe your having a longer cycle than usual ? . i found clomid has controlled wen i ovulate and made my cycle 28 days exactly which is really unusual for me so im hoping that if its making regular it could work ! lets hope you ovulate soon ! best way is to bd every other day to make sure u dnt miss it xxx

Hi ladies :) can I join you? I'm trying for my first and it's starting to drag on - I thought I would have been preggo by now, and some of my friends that starting trying when we started NTNP are already on their 2nd baby. Unfortunately my husband was deployed for a year so we had to take a looooong break from trying. He's been back since February so hoping something happens soon.

Looking forward to supporting each other through this journey :)

Hi GreenOrchid and welcome! Having to wait a year must have really sucked. Sometimes one or other of us is away for work for a couple of nights but so far its never fallen at the vital time - it must have been so frustrating. Hopefully it won't take us all too long now!

Kammy - AF sucks :hugs: FX's you get some answers from the test and this is your month x

I think I might have OV today which is V late for me but FX'd for a BFP!

GreenOrchid - more than welcome :) .. its tough isnt it trying for so long. specially when people are getting pregnant and giving birth and your still trying - nightmare!! also my husband is in the forces it doesnt half get in the way doesnt it ! :p <3

minimoocow- we did the sperm test and its come back saying hes not working :( !!! after all this time of me blaming my self and the confusion of why we cant concieve its now clear ! and weirdly enough i feel relieved that i finally know whats going on ! instead of getting my hopes up .. i dont even know where to go from here seems pointless to be on clomid if everything is fine with me.. iv been googling my self into a frenzy the last couple of days trying to figure out if his sperm will all of a sudden work .. not liking what im reading !! but you never know . so hes on a strict diet hes not longer smoking (for now ..pfft!) and hes not aloud hot baths ! do u know any one whos had these problems or know anything about it yourself im so confused right now xx

GreenOrchid - more than welcome :) .. its tough isnt it trying for so long. specially when people are getting pregnant and giving birth and your still trying - nightmare!! also my husband is in the forces it doesnt half get in the way doesnt it ! :p <3

minimoocow- we did the sperm test and its come back saying hes not working :( !!! after all this time of me blaming my self and the confusion of why we cant concieve its now clear ! and weirdly enough i feel relieved that i finally know whats going on ! instead of getting my hopes up .. i dont even know where to go from here seems pointless to be on clomid if everything is fine with me.. iv been googling my self into a frenzy the last couple of days trying to figure out if his sperm will all of a sudden work .. not liking what im reading !! but you never know . so hes on a strict diet hes not longer smoking (for now ..pfft!) and hes not aloud hot baths ! do u know any one whos had these problems or know anything about it yourself im so confused right now xx

Kammy :hugs: It sounds like you got more questions rather than answers with the test results? Did they not got through questions with you? Can you make an appointment to see what the drs think would be best, whether to stop clomid etc and whether your husband can do anything to help himself or not? I think google is going to make you more stressed although we've all done it!

Have you been able to sit down and talk to OH properly about it? I guess your sense of relief must be his sense of despair and disappointment. One thing my OH said to me when I've been worried in case I can't have babies was that its not my problem or his problem its our problem as the end result is the same whoever is to "blame".

Not sure if any of that helps but I'm sending you positive vibes today x

well hes away with work til thursday . iv been txting him saying everything will be ok and iv baught stuff to help him (vitamins and preseed) but i dont know the extent of his problem ..

we took a colour test that shows how mobile and how much sperm you have pink is the best result and theres different shades of purple . he was a light purple which was at the top end of the negative result so it wasnt it work result but it wasnt pink .

we decided to re-test i a months time because every one i asked seemed to do just that and get a slightly better result when theyre more prepare ( not ejectulating for 10 days instead of 3 , better diet ETC.. ) ..

the problem is getting a doctors appointment with his doc is a nighmare with the hours he works. im going to ring my doctor for advice but i think the best thing we can do is just hope the next result is better n then go the doc n see what they have to say

its come as such a shock because all this time with all my irregular cycles etc i thought it was me, i dont blame him in any way. im relieved in the sense we have an answer to why . now just to get the situation sorted out. when i was going through it he was so supportive and i think its come as a shock to him aswell.

Hello and sorry I've not been about in a while - its been a busy few days and I went away at the end of last week.

Kammy - if its just a home test try not to get too worked up as there's no way of telling how accurate it is - even if you think you followed everything to the letter one thing wrong could mean the end result isn't what it should be. Try to get a proper test at the docs as you would then be given proper advice/councelling when the result comes in. I know what you say about it being difficult with work - is he not allowed time off to see doc or do they just have to use army doc if they are ill? (Sorry not sure how forces work in that respect)

Hi, mind if I join? I am in another thread but most of the girls in there already got their BFPs

I came off the pill in August but didn't start taking note of my cycles till December. My cycles are irregular - 68, 47, 59, 56 and currently on CD27 waiting for the big O.

I am using OPKs this cycle to try and pinpoint ovulation but they don't seem to be getting dark enough to say I could be over half way through my cycle :shrug: I did them last cycle (when I remembered :blush: - CD10-CD15 & CD27-CD35) and got a dark-ish second line on CD27 which gradually faded so I either ovulated around CD25 or geared up to ovulation but didn't.

I know what you mean about them satisfying your urge to POAS though :haha: the only bad thing is it's a second line on the wrong test :dohh:

Mini - Sorry to hear about your suspected chemical :hugs: Hopefully you'll get your BFP asap :thumbup:

Kammy - Where did you get the sperm test from if you don't mind me asking? For some reason my OH has got it into his head that it's him that's the problem but to me, it could be either/both of us :wacko: You should stay away from Google though, it can be the devil! It never gives any positive answers to anything :nope:

Green - Hope you get your BFP soon after that long wait :thumbup:

Where abouts is everyone with their cycles? x

we got it online its called fertility score.. https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_...f.,cf.osb&fp=a8e41b1d38a5797&biw=1280&bih=585

if u copy n paste that link its what comes up in google where to get it and reviews . iv heard its the best one for home testing ..
we are going to re-test once the vitamins and diet are all underway. weve had so much stress we decided to give it a break im still aware of my ovulation n that but im not following my usual routine of being frantic and hanging on to every symptom the funny thing is i actually havent noticed any symptoms and havent really givin it much thought . which for a change is really nice ! .. we have just got back to being a young fun couple going out n enjoying are selves without it hanging over are heads i met a older couple who feel they have 4 years until their chances half cos of their ages. and i think i dont want to miss out on life purely panicking like we are only young and we have time to get the tests done n its givin us the chance to realise we want a holiday n to do some travelling n make the most of "us" before pitta patta of little feet. and to be honest i have a feeling that ttc with out stress is probably my best bet over special lubes and vitamins :) ... keep positive ladies <3 <3 <3 :dust: :dust: :dust:

Thanks Kammy :thumbup: Gonna try and persuade OH to do one, if not then I'm packing him off to the doctors to put his mind at ease.

Good luck for this month! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->