My c-section birth story :)

tashak88

Autism awareness!!! 💙
Reaction score
So, I was scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks due to my pelvic bones not 'spreading' like they should in labor (found this out the hard way when I labored 25 hrs with my daughter and she got stuck..)
This probably is going to be a BORING story, but I figured anyone having a planned section might find this useful?? Hopefully so :)
Anyway, My section was scheduled for June 1st at 12:00pm...

We go to the hospital at 10:00, they put me in a room, and hooked me up to the monitors, put a IV in, and drew some bloodwork(which sucked cause my veins suck..lol)

Then the nurse shaves my 'down there area'(I would suggest doing this yourself b/c they use a cheap razor and no shaving cream, water or anything) ouch!! and wipes my stomach down with these wipes..(she said to clean and prevent infection)..They give me a bag of fluids through my IV, and some antibiotics(again to prevent infection)..

My doctor came in and explained everything that was going to happen, and had me sign a paper stating I know the risks and everything..

Then they put on a BEAUTIFUL hairnet hehe (pic below)
Rylan Michael 6111 006.jpg
(and yes, that is a bucket, cause the antibiotics they gave me through my IV made me hella sick at my stomach, they also gave me meds for that too)

They wheeled me back into the Operating Room, where I got on the operating table, and had to drink this stuff (to reduce stomach acid or something like that) all I know is that it was awful!! yuck!

then the Anesthesiologist gets to work on my Spinal...I had to straddle the table(like riding a horse) touch my neck to my chest and poke the bottom part of my spine out(VERY uncomfortable when you have a HUGE belly in the way..lol)

It took them a while to do the spinal, b/c they kept positioning it wrong and everytime they would press it in my back, the right side of my body would hurt and start moving uncontrollably(scary) but they finally got it in, and I layed down into postition before I got numb, where they put my catheter in..Didnt feel that at all, I was already getting tingly numb.

They put the curtain up in front of me, and wrapped my hands, arms and chest in warm blankets (they also had this little hose they stuck in the blankets that was blowing hot air,,it was awesome)

They let my husband come in (by this time I'm already crying cause I'm so nervous/excited/scared...lol) and they asked me if I felt anything, and I could not..I couldnt feel them pinching or cutting me, but I could feel the sensation of someone being down there touching me...weird feeling, I freaked at first cause I thought I wasn't numb, but then they told me that I was already cut open and that I was in fact numb..haha

I felt alot of tugging/pulling not really any pressure or anything..

next thing I hear is them saying they were cutting the uterine wall, then they told my husband to stand up, and Rylan was born!!

Rylan Michael 6111 011.jpg
06/01/2011 at 1:22pm
7lbs 2oz 20 inches long :)

They held him up over the curtain where I first seen my beautiful baby boy...then they took him to the warmer to get checked out/cleaned up, which my husband went also...Once they got him clean, they handed him to my husband which walked over and sat down next to me, and we looked at him for a while it seems(but my husband said it was like 2 minutes..lol
Rylan Michael 6111 022.jpg

they then finished up and wheeled me into recover room, where I was for about an hour...my temp was 97.1(they said it was really low) so I had to stay in a while longer b/c of it..

they eventually wheeled me to my room and brought me my baby boy.. :)

they put these things on my legs that fill up with air(to help with blood clots) it felt really good, like a massage.(they stayed on until I was able to walk)

they came in and checked my pad about every hour, which I wasn't bleeding (apparently c-section mommys bleed less, b/c they suck alot of it out) (eww sounds gross..haha)

I was able to get up and walk to the bathroom at about 2:00am...surprisingly, I was in NO pain or anything, the only thing was I was a little light headed when I stood, and my legs felt like jello, other than that I felt great!! (totally different than with my daughter I hurt like hell with her)

and that's pretty much it, I never needed pain medication, I was cleaning the hospital room the next day..haha

I was discharged on 6/3/11 (2 days after birth)

and we have been doing AWESOME ever since :)

240403_1803343845098_1284913263_31637042_7944305_o.jpg
250348_1798909734248_1284913263_31631472_7815448_n.jpg

Congratulations! :) that's a good story, it's good to read about all sorts of births. :) xx

Congratulations! :) that's a good story, it's good to read about all sorts of births. :) xx

Thank you hun, and I have always LOVED reading others birth stories..so intriguing to me..how different everyone's can be :)

Thanks for posting your story. I'm going in for my scheduled section on wednesday so was very interested in hearing how you got on. Hope mine goes as smoothly. Oh and he is so cute by the way, congratulations x

Congratulations!

Thank you so much for sharing - I also have an elected section to look forward to, so it's great to hear from other people who have been through it. Perhaps Helen would be kind enough to share too, if she feels up to it!

Cx

Congrats! Your baby is so gorgeous (as are you!). You birth story is perfect! I'm having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks for the same reason. I loved my c-section last time, I'm hoping for a repeat experience!

Best wishes.

Congrats! He's adorable... glad to hear you're recovering rather well haha

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Rylan!! Thank-you very much for posting your experience. I have my c-section booked for June 13th and I am very nervous!! My first one was not Ideal (it was unplanned) but I'm hoping this one will go a lot smoother. I'm happy to hear you are doing well. Congrats again!

Congrats Tasha, he is scrummy! Thanks for posting your story, I found it really useful, as I'm having a planned section this time (emergency) last time. I wondered about the shaving, cause it was really annoying last time, so was thinking of doing it myself too! How far down did the go? Did they take the lot off? X

Really interesting birth story, nice to read different birth stories. Congratulations, he is absolutely gorgeous! x

Congratulations! that was great to read - glad u are all doing well X

congrats,thanks for sharing your section story ,iam gonna have elective section on 7th of july and its nice to see positive stories like yours
your baby boy is amazing

Congrats Tasha, he is scrummy! Thanks for posting your story, I found it really useful, as I'm having a planned section this time (emergency) last time. I wondered about the shaving, cause it was really annoying last time, so was thinking of doing it myself too! How far down did the go? Did they take the lot off? X

they went down pretty far.hmm I'd say about halfway down..and they took it almost all the way off...I have very little stubble there...and YES I suggest you do it yourself(or ur OH) cause I've got razor burn and ingrown hairs...TMI? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->