My cat...

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
drives me insane. He stalks me around the house :rofl: Anyway, he has to be wherever I am 24/7, and if he's not physically with me, he has to be on my bed. He's a complete sook. Does anyone have any idea how to keep him out of my room? I don't want him in here with the baby sharing a room with me. I'm scared he'd jump in the cradle or something. I tried just not letting him in but he'll sit outside the door and meow his head off and scratch the door to pieces until someone lets him in (literally, he won't just give up on it and go elsewhere). I need to get him less attached to me because I know he's just going to be under my feet when the baby gets here.

Mine pisses all over my house! I am ready to strangle here as nothing seems to cure this but now I need new carpet for my hall. I have kicked her out during the day and she comes back to use my house as a giant cat litter. She does my head in! My other cat is an angel never pees anywhere out of place and prides herself in her big fluffy appearance.

Mine pisses all over my house! I am ready to strangle here as nothing seems to cure this but now I need new carpet for my hall. I have kicked her out during the day and she comes back to use my house as a giant cat litter. She does my head in! My other cat is an angel never pees anywhere out of place and prides herself in her big fluffy appearance.

This sounds like kitty is trying to mark territory.
Do you have some scratch posts for her?
Is there anything that might be making her feel nervous or insecure about her territory in the house?
Cats use pee like grafitti and they will do lots of it to try and assert their own little space.
If there are other cats outside that are pushing her around, this might be her way of reassuring herself that she has some control over some space.
She might need to stay in more, if this is the case.
You can get pheromone sprays to discourage her from peeing. I don't know how well they work, though.

This sounds like kitty is trying to mark territory.
Do you have some scratch posts for her?
Is there anything that might be making her feel nervous or insecure about her territory in the house?
Cats use pee like grafitti and they will do lots of it to try and assert their own little space.
If there are other cats outside that are pushing her around, this might be her way of reassuring herself that she has some control over some space.
She might need to stay in more, if this is the case.
You can get pheromone sprays to discourage her from peeing. I don't know how well they work, though.

tried everytihng she is 9 years old and has been at this for years. Used to always use the bath as a cat litter now we close the bathrooms doors and its now the upstairs corridor which stinks! She is a bully and beats other cats up thats why i dont like her out to much. She done this before we even got dogs! that spray i heard was only for the sratching of furnature does that help with peeing? she has scart posts but pees on them to. pees on anything! even on the floor infront of you. :cry:I know she dosnt know its worng and she is showing me there is someting wrong with her only i cant seem to cure it and the vet cant help either. I had to buy a new mattress at £300 over her peeing on my old one! new duvets the lots. She really is mental.

drives me insane. He stalks me around the house :rofl: Anyway, he has to be wherever I am 24/7, and if he's not physically with me, he has to be on my bed. He's a complete sook. Does anyone have any idea how to keep him out of my room? I don't want him in here with the baby sharing a room with me. I'm scared he'd jump in the cradle or something. I tried just not letting him in but he'll sit outside the door and meow his head off and scratch the door to pieces until someone lets him in (literally, he won't just give up on it and go elsewhere). I need to get him less attached to me because I know he's just going to be under my feet when the baby gets here.

I have two cats who are very clingy and affectionate!
We are going to get a cat net for the crib, because it's going to be tricky to keep the cats out of the nursery.
I am also making sure that the cats have several special places of their own that they like to go and curl up in. For example, I have a few small cat beds (the cushiony kind with raised sides because cats like a nest feeling) that I have put up on high bookshelves. Cats like to be up high and they like to feel like they have a cozy secret little space to watch from. This will also be important for them when baby is crawling and pulling tails, etc. They can escape to their own nest!
I also praise the kitties a lot and groom and pet them in their areas, to show that they being good.
In your case, I would start with establishing a few times during the day in which you will not let him beside you. Work up to longer periods from there.
In general, the right behaviour needs a strong positive reaction. The negative behaviour needs to be ignored. If kitty thinks you'll open the door if he scratches or whines long enough, then he'll keep doing it.
It will drive you crazy, but you have to outlast the meowing outside the room sessions.
You can also try spraying him with water or giving him a time out in the bathroom, but generally positive reinforcement has better and quicker results. Unless it is really clear why he is being punished, kitty will just get confused.
Good luck!

My cat is also very clingy and a bit mean! If you forbit something to her she's gonna do it out of spite!
Pre-pregnancy she would always sleep in my room,on my bed.But now Lola-Rose sleeps in there.
So basicly my cat is nor banned from my bedroom,Lola-Rose's nursery...the entire 2nd floor.To keep her away I've already put up the stairgate. :smug:

And when Lola-Rose is in the living room or the kitchen,I lock her on the terrace or in the spare bedroom.I know it seems mean now on my side but I just don't want to take any chances.My cat can be sooooo evil! She ate my hamsters!

I have two cats who are very clingy and affectionate!
We are going to get a cat net for the crib, because it's going to be tricky to keep the cats out of the nursery.
I am also making sure that the cats have several special places of their own that they like to go and curl up in. For example, I have a few small cat beds (the cushiony kind with raised sides because cats like a nest feeling) that I have put up on high bookshelves. Cats like to be up high and they like to feel like they have a cozy secret little space to watch from. This will also be important for them when baby is crawling and pulling tails, etc. They can escape to their own nest!
I also praise the kitties a lot and groom and pet them in their areas, to show that they being good.
In your case, I would start with establishing a few times during the day in which you will not let him beside you. Work up to longer periods from there.
In general, the right behaviour needs a strong positive reaction. The negative behaviour needs to be ignored. If kitty thinks you'll open the door if he scratches or whines long enough, then he'll keep doing it.
It will drive you crazy, but you have to outlast the meowing outside the room sessions.
You can also try spraying him with water or giving him a time out in the bathroom, but generally positive reinforcement has better and quicker results. Unless it is really clear why he is being punished, kitty will just get confused.
Good luck!

I gave up buying cat bed as she just peed on them to. And there is loads of place high up for her she should be stable here but never has been. few years ago i went through an abusive relationhip and she was there and i think it effected her as my ex was nasty to her. I thought maybe she would come out of it. She dosnt get punihed for it as you cant disaplin a cat anyway and that will make them worse I read. I found that stuff online and going to buy it as its not that dear, a defuser and the spray. Its the only hope i feel now. the oh is not liking the house smelling and nor am i and i cant get rid of her she has been with me to many years now. Everyone loves her though she is a cool cat just has that stress problem. Thanks for lettig me know abot the spray ! sorry for thread hijack.

[

I gave up buying cat bed as she just peed on them to. And there is loads of place high up for her she should be stable here but never has been. few years ago i went through an abusive relationhip and she was there and i think it effected her as my ex was nasty to her. I thought maybe she would come out of it. She dosnt get punihed for it as you cant disaplin a cat anyway and that will make them worse I read. I found that stuff online and going to buy it as its not that dear, a defuser and the spray. Its the only hope i feel now. the oh is not liking the house smelling and nor am i and i cant get rid of her she has been with me to many years now. Everyone loves her though she is a cool cat just has that stress problem. Thanks for lettig me know abot the spray ! sorry for thread hijack.

It sounds like your poor kitty does have some psychological problems, poor thing. :hugs:
If it makes you feel any better, my cats are chronic barfers!
There's nothing physically wrong with them, but both of them get overexcited about food and eat too quickly, then have a barf-a-thon all over the house. Charming.
But I love them to pieces, barf and all.
Let me know if that spray works.
Other things I have heard (I work at a Zoo, by the way, and the keepers often have great tips for stuff like this):
- try spraying the peed-on areas with white vinegar or lemon water. It should help to neutralize the smell and discourages kitty from going there again.
- if you think stress might be part of the problem, would catnip have a positive, calming effect on her? It can be a stimulant for most cats, but some just seem to get blissed out and stoned on the stuff and it might help to calm her.
I hope something works for your poor kitty. Best of luck!

tried cat nip, she has a go at it and then gives up. Seems to loose interest. She used to barf on cheap cat food and now they only eat whiskers, its the only thing they dont barf up again. I have to steam clean the carpet upstairs, lucky i have a steam cleaner and some carpet and upholstery stuff. But will do when i get the spray as i dont want her marking it again after that just when i break a sweat cleaning it,.

I really hope this works as i cant have this in a house with a baby, i regret haveing another dog as they wreak the place. So dont need them all acting up. I love missy but bruce was a rescue dog and has problems also, i think he was abused. he just pees when you look at him and does bad things. So there are ones for dogs also i will get for him. Socks is a perfect cat, i relised last night of all my animals she is the most chilled out and normal of them all. She lets the dogs groom her and really dosnt care lol

:rofl: @ Rae's cat! I have a mini-dachsund and she is ALWAYS under foot - she even comes into the bathroom with me and lays between my legs and the toilet bowl. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->