My cesarean notes

M

Maman

i managed to grab some snaps of my notes from during the birth, so thought i would post them up- i think the timing is pretty amazing!

https://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/12/46/00/87/notes110.jpg

https://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/12/46/00/87/notes210.jpg

https://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/12/46/00/87/babyj10.jpg

Wow, it is inspirational to me to see how quickly it goes. I mean, roughly a 1/2 hour - I'm sure it will feel very long while it's happening. But it will not be the same as hours and hours of labor and pushing and otherwise feeling like I'm dying LOL

I joined this forum to find out more about cesarean delivery and I was terrified of what I was going to find out! But now, I feel certain that this will be the way I go. I even watched that video in the other thread and it helped more than it hurt.

:happydance:

Wow! 22 minutes from operation commences to finish! That *was* quick maman! After my baby was delivered they were 1hour15mins fixing me up! I bled out x

it was an elective cesarean, so all planned and ready. i only lost 330mls of blood, thats a can of coke.

Sections are so quick. I remember being amazed that my section started at 10.20 and at 10.24 my DS was born!

Do they give you paracetamol as a suppository? Does the indignity never end, I am really upset about having a cathether as it is. I really don't wantthem poking around as it is

well it seems they didnt with me, but if they do its whilst you are still in theatre so tbh you wouldnt know. :)

Off topic - it's so interesting to me to learn the differences in our English. I'm beginning to understand that "theatre" is our equivalent to the delivery room (usa). Am I right?

Wow, that was a quick c section! Mine was an emcs and I was in surgery for a lot longer than that. I was a bleeder though! Took them ages to put me back together again. I didn't care though, I had my beautiful baby to admire :)

It is amazing hey ~ Once they make a start, LO is out really quickly :baby::cloud9:

well it seems they didnt with me, but if they do its whilst you are still in theatre so tbh you wouldnt know. :)

You had diclofenac suppository instead (PR means per rectum). Its amazing how quick they can deliver a baby isn't it :flower:

wow thanks for that, i didnt know i just assumed they didnt put anything up there lol, well i didnt feel it, and i didnt know (and i have a split in my bowel so they must have been gentle!) lol

i was told they were sticking summat up my bum but i thought what the heck im numb and youve seen it al anyway!!
i really enjoyed the experience, the anaesthatists were 2 comediens and gave me a running commentry including " add 2lbs to whatever weight they told you" saw the obstetrician pusshing down on my belly hahaha

it was an elective cesarean, so all planned and ready. i only lost 330mls of blood, thats a can of coke.

Yeah I was elective too but things didn't go as planned. I didn't mind though, at least I was alive :) x

Off topic - it's so interesting to me to learn the differences in our English. I'm beginning to understand that "theatre" is our equivalent to the delivery room (usa). Am I right?

No, the delivery room is where a vaginally born baby would come out. But as a ceasarean is major surgery it happens in an operating theatre not on the labour ward. Everyone has to be scrubbed in and sterile just the same as a coronary bypass for example x

It's the word "theatre" that those of us in the US are not used to hearing describe any room in a hospital. Sounds nice and formal but at the same time that the doctors might only be actors!:haha:

Ha! No, here it would be delivery room or operating room. Theatres are for concerts, plays and movies! But again, I like the sound of it!

It's the word "theatre" that those of us in the US are not used to hearing describe any room in a hospital. Sounds nice and formal but at the same time that the doctors might only be actors!:haha:

Ha! No, here it would be delivery room or operating room. Theatres are for concerts, plays and movies! But again, I like the sound of it!

Ah ha! :haha: That's funny alright! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"