My dad wants to be a grandpa! (yay!)

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
So we;re at dinner with him and his girlfriend and he makes a comment about how he'll be retired in 2 years and that he could hang out with his grandkids. His girlfriend was like, "you plan on having grandkids in 2 years?" and he just goes, "well....yeah."

Got me all excited. Weeee!

Yay! No matter far away TTC may be, little things like that really make your day huh? Go you ^^ At least you know you have 1 person's apporoval!! :) xx

That's so exciting... kind of makes it feel all the more real, I bet.

aww that would make my day if my inlaws were like that :)

Same! All I get from MIL is "don't even think about it, you'll ruin my son's life" etc. etc. She was in her 30s when she had children and I think she wants us to wait too. She also wants me to dress smarter, get a full time job, not laugh at people when they fall over, and be a little 50s housewife for OH. You can't have everything. And in her case, she can't have anything :p

Same! All I get from MIL is "don't even think about it, you'll ruin my son's life" etc. etc. She was in her 30s when she had children and I think she wants us to wait too. She also wants me to dress smarter, get a full time job, not laugh at people when they fall over, and be a little 50s housewife for OH. You can't have everything. And in her case, she can't have anything :p

:thumbup::happydance::haha::haha::haha:

Love it!

yeah, my mom and dad want grandkids, but you can tell my dad wants them NOW. hahaha My FIL is all about his son going to school. So I'm assuming he doesn't want anythign to do with grandkids until 4-5 years from now (over my dead body, gramps! lol)

yeah, my mom and dad want grandkids, but you can tell my dad wants them NOW. hahaha My FIL is all about his son going to school. So I'm assuming he doesn't want anythign to do with grandkids until 4-5 years from now (over my dead body, gramps! lol)

Pahahahahahahahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol How can you have a full time job and be a little 50s housewife ?

Pffffftt ask her lol. She expects waaaay too much of me and says stuff like "Bloody hell girl, if you were mine there'd be trouble!" *rolls eyes* Lucky I'm not hers really!
She lives to work, and works every second possible even though she hates her job, and OH and his sister are still complete babies. Eg. OH will leave used plates on the floor, and not close cupboard doors because he knows she'll do it. But if it's just us 2 in the house he'll clean up all the mess he's made just fine. In fact, he's more thorough than I am!

i think it makes it even more exciting if you know your parents will be excited about it too. xx

That's so sweet, your dad excited about being a grampa.
When I tell my pops he'll prob say' Another one? another Christmas/Birthday prezzie to buy!!' lol - Although will be number 12 for him I s'pose

xx

Nope, so long as my sister doesn't get knocked up (please no--I don't think she will be with her OH come Christmas time...) We'll have grandkid #1!

On mom's side, I have a cousin who lives with his girlfriend, but, as far as I know, they're too goal-driven to be having kids right now. So 1st on that side too!

And with OH getting a little more giggly every time we watch youtube videos or see pictures of our friends babies.... maybe it won't been too long for us!! *getting excited* (I really shouldn't get too excited...but i can't help myself!)

How long are you guys waiting sleepinbeauty?
We'll be having grandchild #4 on my side (unless any of my older siblings decide they're having any more lol which they probably will) and #1 on OH's side. No hope of his sister having any kids, she hates them lol. My sister does too, it's wierd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->