My doctor was a bit rude

sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
hi ladies today I emailed my gyno asking her when she wanted to see me for my first prenatal she wasn’t very nice about it she said to me that go for your ultrasound on April 29 th first and if your pregnancy is viable I will see you that made me cry right when I read the email I got so negative thinking will this one be a miscarriage too a doctor is there to help you not make you think of negative thoughts I had many miscarriage before but what she said hurt now I’m nervous about my ultrasound will I even hear a heart beat will they see a baby so scareD

Yikes! Sorry you went through that. I don't think she meant any ill intent on it, but was giving the realist aspect of it, even though it was quite poor in taste. It would have upset me as well. Is there a way for you to maybe switch doctors? I have one doctor on my doctor's team that I can't stand. I like my normal doctor he's amazing he's boss, but one of the guys under him, he can go f off. So I know what it's like to have a bad doctor experience even if it's just the one time, it can make it hard to want to go through them again. (I do everything in my power to make sure I only see my normal doctor and am praying he will be there this time for baby when baby comes so praying I go into labor during the day instead of night lol).

I am sure though everything is fine and you'll see the baby's heartbeat. The 29th can't get here fast enough for you *hugs*

Hi hon I had a doctor upsett me when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I was told they didnt want to see me or do any blood tests until I was 8 weeks. I was also told that because I'm 39 I was at a extra high risk of losing the baby within the first 12 weeks.
The doctor upsett me so much I actually cried. Also here u have to wait until ure 12 to 13 weeks b4 u get a scan.
I ended up booking two privet early scans just for the reassurance because I was so scared of having another miscarriage.
I'm 15 weeks and 2 days now and all is going great. I have my gender scan on Monday and even tho I am excited I'm still a bit nervous.
Not feeling any movements yet so just relying of God and my doppler.
I'm sure all will be fine hon. Im sorry ure doctor upsett you. They can be so insensitive sometimes.

I dont find it rude. Its actually what most offices are doing now. They want to make sure its viable by giving it time.

Well that doctor gets an “F” in the bedside manner category.

aww hon, change drs!! Honestly they should be the most compassionate!!
I've switched drs before because he was simply not nice. It's such a stressful time why deal with that too!
Your first scan is on the same date as mine, been waiting anxiously myself.
good luck dear I'm sure it'll all be great!

aww hon, change drs!! Honestly they should be the most compassionate!!
I've switched drs before because he was simply not nice. It's such a stressful time why deal with that too!
Your first scan is on the same date as mine, been waiting anxiously myself.
good luck dear I'm sure it'll all be great!
My dating scan is on Tuesday April 30 I’m so nervous I just hope all goes well and we hear a heart beat

Hi Sunflower, I hope your scan went well!
I had my scan and everything is well thankfully, we saw the heartbeat but didn’t hear it (dr decided seeing it was enough)
Measuring as expected 6 weeks and 5 days today.
Hope everything is great with you hun

That's really mean. I would have cried too. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->