my dog keeps..

boonies86

Reaction score
eating poo :( i have a 5 month old labrador and he keeps eating my other dogs poo! its disgusting and makes me gag just writing it down!!!!

any suggestions on how to stop it!?!?!?!?

my dog did the same!!
unfortunately, I think it's a bad habit that, once they've got, the only solution is to clear up before they can get to it. Sorry!

.. of course, I did this religiously, and my dog discovered cat poo - even worse!!!

EDIT: She *has* been much better since I moved house - and lost my job - so she now gets 2 or 3 long walks a day instead of 2 shorter ones, and company pretty much 24/7, so i wonder if it was part boredom..?

EDIT 2: Doh! of course, as a result of the walks and me being there, there's been less (none?) for her to find, too.

there are actually different things you can do. look on google.

not much you can do other than correct behaviour with a no... alot of dogs do this, its easier sorted if they are eating their own or another of your pet dogs but not randomers.

No kisses and keep regularly wormed!

apparently if you put vinegar down where your dog likes to shit they wont shit there again, i learned that off kim and aggy :)
Its a habit dogs love for some reason......
clearing it up before it can seems to be the way out..

don't think its boredom as i was at in the lounge fussing him and he went out and did it!!! it didnt use to bother me before i was pregnant but now it make me heave, i cant even tell him off because im heaving so much lol!!! it goes abit like george 'heave' stop 'heave' GEORGE!!!!! HEAVE!!! run to loo lol!!

have been googling it some say it can be stopped others say other stuff, i dunno hopefully he'll grow out of it!! or ill have to hold a bag under his bum to poo pooo in!!!

My dog's called George too. He eats lots of fox poo. After he's rolled in it. It's vile.

Vinegar doesnt work, Kim and Aggy lied!

If its his own poo he's eating feed him pineapple, this gives a bitter taste when it comes out the other end. there is also stuff you can buy in the pet stores which you add to their food. You have to feed it to the dogs whose poo is being eaten.

Haha o dear I was going to post a thread like this in general chatter, my dog Lyla does the same to my other dog Billy. He will come in from outside and she will sniff his bum and race out there little tramp!!! I dont know why she does it the scutter annoys me cause she loves her fuss and then she comes back in with all poo round her mouth and thinks she can come and sit next to me Erm I dont think so love!!

Hellloooo!
I am doing a national diploma in animal management, and the reason for this ia normally a vitamin B problem!
Normally giving a dog pineapple stops them from eating there own poo, filthy creatures lol!
My dog had the same and the pineapple worked a treat.
More vitamin B needed in there diet i cant remember for the life of me which foods contain it.
My dog has fits and is on a a diet thatis specially for dogs with fits, he has fresh chicken with vegtable cooked fresh, we grown out oen pumpkins and other veg in the garden for him lol
He is spoilt bless him lol but a very poorly dog :( x

I don't have a dog and I am reading this thinking eeuuwwggh how gross! But I have rabbits and they do eat their own poo for nutritional purposes. They do a soft poo at night which they eat, not the little pellet type poo. Sorry this is no help whatsoever for your dog, but thought would share rabbit toilet habits too! lol!

Brewers Dried Yeast - a rich vitamin B source that builds enzymes for improved digestion. Naturally contains 16 amino acids, 14 minerals and 17 vitamins.

god i'm so pleased my dog isn't the only one who does this! I have googled it and asked vets / trainers about it but no one seems to know why they do it! Our 18month old cocker has eaten our older dogs crap since he was a pup - he doesn't do it quite as much but still does it and its disgusting. He also eats stones, licks the rug and if he throws up he will eat a bit of that too - why are dogs so disgusting sometimes?! (for info, he is very healthy, on good quality dog food and gets plenty of attention / walks!)

i think some dogs just do it and others don't - just avoid kisses and make sure they are both wormed regularly like clockwork!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->