My doppler came today but...

xsadiex

Reaction score
Didn't find the baby's heartbeat!! Thought I had but it turned out to be mine as it was 80bpm.
Now I kind of feel like there really isnt anything in there, I'm so worried it will get to 12 weeks at the ultrasound and there'll be nothing there.
Silly me for buying a doppler. Hopefully I will find it next time!

I've heard most of the dopplers you can buy will not be able to pick up a baby's heartbeat until 12-20 weeks! Hence why I've not bought one. My midwife said even hers usually wont pick up a baby's heartbeat until nearer 12 weeks x

Yeah it does say that but people on here said they'd heard theirs around 9 weeks so I got excited and thought I would too woops...

Not found my baby's yet either. I thought I might have had it on Monday for just a second or 2 but now I am not sure if I imagined it :) I hear alot of whooshing though, which I am assuming is the placenta which makes me feel a bit better xx

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and have found it. It takes time and patience. Mine is the angelsounds one, the first few times i used it i had no luck, and i was thinking exactly the same thing as you.

I still am for the 12 week scan.

I realised i needed to place it very low down in order to find it.

I tried for ages really low down but I will try again and again I guess, hurry up scan!
I'm even debating whether to take another pregnancy test.

I got an angel sounds one as well and that was at 11 weeks and found the heatbreat straight away, you have probs been told this a million times already but if you put the doppler where your pubic bone is, where they would have to cut u for a c-section. If you put it low down there and press down quite hard you might be able to find it but sometimes its too soon, baby is hiding :) goodluck xx

Try nearer your belly button. I find the babies heartbeat every time just a few cm down n left of my tum button xxxxxx

I think it also may depend on headphones.
The ones i got with my doppler aren't as loud or as clear; so i swapped them for my iPod headphones and they seem to work a lot better and also block out any sounds coming from elsewhere in the house.

I've only just found my baby's clearly at 11+2, been trying from 9 weeks too.

I love my doppler, although i did have a bad experince but i wont share that here.

Anyway, i have NEVER found it, ever, This is my 3rd pregnancy and this one is twins so you would think that having two to find would be easier but nope. my oh on the otherhand has never failed to find it, ever, he just had the nack i suppose.

So dont worry, yep some poeple get it earlier, i have found mine around 8 weeks with all my pregnancy (when i say i, i mean he did lol) but it is difficult, you are prob better waiting a week or so and trying again, the only other advice is slow movements, and aim low. its such a tiny band you will be able to hear it in. but if your already stressed i would just leave it alone for a week or so and try again xxx

I think I will wait a while and try again, it's just really annoying that I brought this because it doesn't feel real and now it feels even less real..haha. I keep on thinking 'missed miscarriage' but I guess there's nothing I can do .

I got mine today and all I can find is my hb wherever I tried! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"