My experience with vitamin B6 so far

fpcco08

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I just wanted to let someone know my experience so far with the B6, in case there is anyone out there who needs answers on this topic like I did. I will keep you guys posted on the final outcome at the end of my cycle. So, I've been taking 100 mg of vitamin B6 to try to correct my 9 day LP that I discovered last month when I began charting. Although, I'm waiting for ovulation to be confirmed through my chart, I believe I ovulated sometime yesterday. I've had a week's worth of EWCM, and last night while checking my cervix/cm there was one last bit of it, but some of it appeared creamy also. Later that night, it was still stretchy, but had more of a white, creamy appearance than ewcm. Following this, I had a temp rise this morning, although I did sleep through my alarm and took my temp 45 mins late. If temps continue to stay high, then I would have ovulated on day 15, instead of cd 17 like last month. So, I am praying that AF does not show up 2 days early this cycle. If not, that means the B6 lengthened my LP by 2 days in one month. Does anyone know if B6 takes the days away from your follicular phase to make the LP longer (making ovulation come sooner, and keeping your cycle length the same) or does it just legnthen the LP, making the whole cycle longer) I can't find this answer anywhere! Any info would be great. TIA for any info on that question!! xxx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MyOvulationChart0430

i'm interested to know the answer too! i have just started taking b6 also to try to lengthen my lp. it was 11 days last cycle. had my cd21 progesterone done last week and it came back at 9.7. dr says it's normal, but everything i'm reading online indicates it's on the weaker side ovulation.

i'm interested to know the answer too! i have just started taking b6 also to try to lengthen my lp. it was 11 days last cycle. had my cd21 progesterone done last week and it came back at 9.7. dr says it's normal, but everything i'm reading online indicates it's on the weaker side ovulation.

Was the test done 7 dpo? Were you using any kind of method to be sure when you ovulated? If you have a 28 day cycle, and ovulate on cd 14, then cd 21 would be appropriate for a progesterone test. But for example, if you have a 28 day cycle, and you didn't ovulate until cd 17 (because you said you have an 11 day LP) you would only be 4 dpo at the time the levels were taken, and the levels wouldn't be accurate, most likely too low. Its definitely something to look into. If you were not 7 dpo, I would suggest requesting that you do the test again next cyce at 7 dpo instead of just cd 21. Here is something that I have found for you.

Hormone To Test: Progesterone (P4)
Time to Test: 7 dpo
Normal Values: > 15 ng/ml
What Value Means: A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.

Hope this helps. Good luck hun. If you find anything about the b6 and where the extra days that are added to your LP come from, let me know :)

I've started taking vit B complex again.. took it last month but my DR told me to stop taking it... but to cut a long story short, i'm back taking it as the DR won't help me (see my postcode lottery thread for background). Last cycle was only a 9 day LP.

So we will see if it does what it supposed to...

Good luck xx

Was the test done 7 dpo? Were you using any kind of method to be sure when you ovulated? If you have a 28 day cycle, and ovulate on cd 14, then cd 21 would be appropriate for a progesterone test. But for example, if you have a 28 day cycle, and you didn't ovulate until cd 17 (because you said you have an 11 day LP) you would only be 4 dpo at the time the levels were taken, and the levels wouldn't be accurate, most likely too low. Its definitely something to look into. If you were not 7 dpo, I would suggest requesting that you do the test again next cyce at 7 dpo instead of just cd 21. Here is something that I have found for you.

Hormone To Test: Progesterone (P4)
Time to Test: 7 dpo
Normal Values: > 15 ng/ml
What Value Means: A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.

Hope this helps. Good luck hun. If you find anything about the b6 and where the extra days that are added to your LP come from, let me know :)

Yes I was for sure 7dpo. I chart and use opk's. I ovulated cd15 and had the test done cd22 at 7dpo. Dr says its normal and will give me no further testing. I am on my own for another 6 months or another loss, whichever comes first. I feel like 9.7 is on the low side and alarming, but dr thinks its fine of course. If I hadn't had two consecutive early losses I wouldn't think much of the number, but since I have, i can only draw the conclusion that it very well could be my progesterone levels causing them

I've started taking vit B complex again.. took it last month but my DR told me to stop taking it... but to cut a long story short, i'm back taking it as the DR won't help me (see my postcode lottery thread for background). Last cycle was only a 9 day LP.

So we will see if it does what it supposed to...

Good luck xx

What is with these drs and not helping us? Drives me crazy!!! A 9 day lp should have your dr checking your levels and possibly prescribing progesterone. You can try the natural progesterone cream on your own if you want to lengthen your lp. You take it around 3dpo up to 2 days befor AF

In the UK i don't think you buy progesterone Cream (it's something i'm looking into) but i'm sure it's only available on prescription here.

ALL my levels are fine, 7DPO progesterone was 40.5.... but 2 days later AF arrived, so i'm assuming that my short LP is caused by a sudden drop in progesterone, which i've read on the many, many, many web pages i've trawled!

xx

I bought my progesterone cream on amazon. Can't get it at any stores, but online sells it! It's not as strong as a prescription would be but better than nothing. My 7dpo level came back at 9.7. Different units of measurement from us and uk. But normal levels should be above 10 here to show a good ovulation. Above 5 means you ovulated, but it was a weak ovulation. I think my level is on the low side but dr won't do anything as he says it's normal range. So I'm doing what I can on my own for now. Starting with b6 for this cycle and then I have ordered an at home saliva progesterone test kit. I will have my 7dpo levels checked again this cycle on my own to see if the b6 is helping. If not, then I will start the progesterone cream if levels are low.

If I have to i'll buy it online, or get my godmother to send me some, she lives in the states... by hook or by crook... i'll get some lol

hopefully i'll get it from the FS when i finally get to put my DR right tomorrow when she returns my phonecall!

xx

I bet they prescribe you some. That's usually first thing they do for short lp. Kinda surprised that haven't done it yet. Depends on the dr and what they believe I suppose. Some drs don't believe that progesterone has anything to do with ability to get pregnant.

My dr didn't even ask my lp length. I went in because I had two consecutive early losses. By what he told me and his manner, he had already made up him mind before the appt that my losses were just bad egg/sperm. He said they don't do full panel till 3 losses.

That's awful!

Why should any women have to endure 3 losses to get tests done! thankfully, in one way, i've never been pregnant, or known i was pregnant, so have never had to go through a loss.... not sure how i'd cope with that.

Hope you get some answers soon x

Its standard practice in the US. I thought that since I wanted the tests and I was paying for it myself I could get any tests I want. Well, not the case. Unfortunately, the drs see this kind of thing all the time and my two losses aren't a concern to them. Sure is to me though. :( I decided I will just fix myself lol! If I really wanted to I could see an RE, but the closest one is an hour away and much more expensive.

Is it okay to take the progesterone cream, on top of b complex 100, and a prenatal? I think I'm going to look into getting some. What kind do you use? Ovulation was detected on my chart today, as I thought. So, I ovulated 2 days earlier than last cycle with my 9 day LP. Hopefully, this isn't going to be just a short follicular phase, and i just have like a 28 day cycle. If my cycle would just increase to 28, that woulf give me a 13 LP which will be fine for me. Even if it is still only a 26 day cycle, it will leave me with a 11 day LP, which I think I will even take that over 9! So far so good. I'll keep you ladies posted.

I'm actually not gonna start the cream yet I don't think. I'm gonna see if the b6 works. If it doesn't help, then I will start it.

I'm sticking with just the Vit B complex now this month as i've had good news that i can get back in to see my original gynaecologist from 10 yrs ago who will do more tests, so don't want to screw anything up!

xx

So at my dr appt my dr also did a vitamin d test. My levels came back at 31.1. Normal range is 30-100. Being from mn, I'm not surprised my levels are on the lower side. We don't get a whole lot of natural sunlight here. Dr told me to take 1000mg of vitamin d. He said he advises all patients to take a vitamin d supplement because of our climate and you don't get it from food. it's added into things but not enough. Anyway, I just googled vitamin d and fertility and what I read says that vitamin d regulates the menstrual cycle, balances hormones, and increases progesterone by 13%!!! It's all natural so can't hurt to take vitamin d too.

Oooo that's interesting info, thank you!

Hope it works for you fx!

Just a little update from me...

I think taking Vit B Complex has also increased my CM. I usually have to go 'fishing' for my CM but i just had to go check what was going on as i felt very 'wet' and i have an abundance of EWCM - i'm in my fertile window CD 11 and due to O CD12/13, never had this much CM... so that's a good sign it's doing something, will find out soon enough if it's doing anything from my LP.

xx

Thats great news! Hope it has same effect for me. Will find out soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"