my first :af: is her sice miscarage and felling a bit happy :)

Hi Sarah

I seem to be in the same boat as you! I had a MC at the beginning of July and started my AF on Saturday afternoon. My AF seems lighter than I usually am but not sure if that's got something to do with the MC!? Just glad that I've had it and hoping that I'm going to ovulate soon. Have bought some ovulation sticks to test so that I have some idea of what's happening.

I am going to be soooo nervous and more anxious than I normally am!

I have heard that AF can alter after having a MC either lighter or heavier than your "normal" AF.

Hope things are going ok for you.

Can't stop think about testing and trying again! Trying to take my mind of it!

A friend of mine wound me up the other day by saying should I not be waiting for 3 months as she was worried I wasn't ready! She's pregnant and told me she was less than a week after I miscarried, to say I was upset was an understatement, but couldn't let her know that!

x x

Sorry meant to say she said I should be waiting 3 months to try again!

By the way what is chart stalking

:rofl: checking out everyone's FF chart to see how they are coming along... lil disappointed with mine today as I have had two temp drops that last two days :( and my May cycle I never O'd :(

Lucy- I too am sorry for your loses... it just doesn't make sense :nope:

morning Sarah- how ya making out?

ldj- also sorry for your recent loss- do you temp? I have a hard time with the OPK tests... I may just break down and buy the digie one- I KNOW it is very expensive but adding up all the OPK tests I have bought in the past would equal to what I have spent

keeping everyone in my thoughts today- how's everyone feeling?

Hey Kelster, sorry for the temp drop, that's always disappointing. I secretly start using progesterone cream (a secret from my ob/gyn) so I don't know if that temp shift yesterday on my chart has something to do with that or what but ever since my MC, I've only been having 23-24 day cycles so this month is new on me. If you are going to get AF today or tomorrow, that was a really short LP, you may want to discuss that with your ob/gyn.

LDJ, forget your friend! :ignore: There are plenty of girls that get PG after one AF since the MC and go on to have healthy pregnancies! Starting to temp isn't a bad idea, esp. if this month doesn't work out for you but definitely use the OPT this month. I highly recommend peeing in a cup and using that instead of POAS directly, I've done both ways and got better results with the cup.

secretly start using progesterone cream

Dietrad hee hee hee I am on it too... when I went for my blood work when I started to spot with the 2nd MC my progestrone levels were only a 1... and then my 2nd blood work to confirm a MC my levels were only .98... HORRID....

I don't think AF is on her way at all..... but if she is then I KNOW I have a problem and will get in to speak with him ASAP....my LP is regularly 14 to 16 days...

Hi Idj, sorry to hear of your recent loss. My friend was two weeks ahead of me, she's now happily 16 weeks pregnant with her 2nd child, I should be 14 weeks....I don't want to be around her right now, I think that's normal. I think that from a medical point of view as long as there weren't complications, you can try again straight away, that's what I was told both times. If you feel ready go for it, I will be next week. :wacko:

Hey Kelster, it ain't over til AF comes. :hugs:

Dietrad, hi, please tell what is progesterone cream and what would one use it for? :blush:

Do you all think it's easier to get an OKP test? I tend to go by day of cycle, temps and EWCM, but those can be pretty random after MC.
Can you have a period when you didn't ovulate? I am just asking because I was wondering how you would know if you did ovulate, would that be a sign? Silly questions I know, I obviously didn't pay enough attention in Science class. :wacko:

secretly start using progesterone cream

Dietrad hee hee hee I am on it too... when I went for my blood work when I started to spot with the 2nd MC my progestrone levels were only a 1... and then my 2nd blood work to confirm a MC my levels were only .98... HORRID....

I don't think AF is on her way at all..... but if she is then I KNOW I have a problem and will get in to speak with him ASAP....my LP is regularly 14 to 16 days...

Sorry to hear that Kell, what should the prog levels be? My counsellor said you can have low levels of prog because of the MC, and not that they cause it to happen, there is still alot of debate and testing over this she says? Did you have the levels done when you were not preg? Did you get offered any other tests? I didn't, which considering my age was surprising. xxx

Lucy- my OBGYN told me they should of been between 12-19 at 4 weeks PG... they were very concerned so when I went back for a consult 2 weekd later to dicuss my options especially at my age- he prescribed me prometrium and I was advised to take that as soon as I get another positive test....

I KNOW I have a problem with my progestrone--- I have always been very irregular since I got my very first AF- so the progestrone cream is for after you have O'd to keep the levels up because it is such a CRUCIAL hormone in the first tri of a pregnancy and if you do not get PG- the uterus will shed and a whole new cycle will begin

my thyroid is fine- and they also took 10 viles of blood and that all turned out fine as well

Hey Lucy, in the vitamin store they have progesterone cream, usually for menopausal women but there are some that are just progesterone vs. progesterone and estrogen. My bottle I got is just progesterone and says for pre-menapausal women, to use after OV for 14 days, or whenever your AF comes if fertilization didn't occur. I've been having short cycles, only 23-24 days long, LP only 11 days long and it should be at least 12 days long so I'm ready to get aggressive. It will help boost progesterone levels during LP to help build up more uterine lining (which I also need b.c I've only been having 2 days of bleeding since the MC) and if implantation occurs, will help the little bean stick. If I happen to be PG, I'll stop it for 36hrs before my blood work so I get accurate results, if my temp drops and I start bleeding, I'll stop the cream and hope for success next cycle and resume the cream after OV.

I just charted before and noted the CM on my panty liner kind of thing, this past cycle I got more pro-active and used the OPT and I'm glad I did. It made me feel better about when I might have OV.

Thanks Kelster, I think when my counsellor was telling me those things she was trying to persuade me to not go to doctor, as over here we don't get tests until we lose 3, after 2 you are just left to get on with it, hoping to God there is nothing wrong with you and you aren't losing healthy babies! :wacko:

I think with my age I should've been offered a few basic tests, but now it's 6 weeks later, I am just going to get on with it. My thought is, if I have to lose another, its all part of the journey that hopefully will one day end up with a baby, and I want to get on with it, like you do. :coffee:

Crikey Kelster, are you beginning to symptom spot yet? I do that every time. I don't trust it anymore now though, not after last week....:growlmad:

Have a lovely day everyone, it's pouring rain here, typical England! Off to supermarket now, to run the gauntlet of pregnant women and babies...how did it ever get like this? :nope:
:hugs:

Thanks dietrad. So did your cycle get messed up with the MC? Hey you are testing soon, good luck, hopefully the first BFP in a long line of BFP's on this thread!

morning laddies,

Felling okay this morning, Period not as heavy :) I am not going to do any temping i just wont it to come natural, But temping is a good idea :) but not sure,

Hi Klester How are you doing today?? xx
Hi Lucy can you tell me your story xx

Hi Sarah, you sound cheerful today, that's good. I am on day 4 of what has turned out to be heavier period than usual but really no clots...strange.

I do temping as then I know when to expect AF, and am usually right.

Waited long time to meet man of dreams, hence now trying for number one at 37. Came off pill Dec, pregnant in 3 cycles, miscarried March at 5 weeks. Found out pregnant again end of May two cycles later, freaked out properly, saw counsellor, still am. She sent me for early reassurance scan at 7 weeks, symptoms were going off by then, scan revealed stopped developing around 5/6 weeks, went home miscarried naturally at 8 weeks, very painful and horrible physical experience, but the worst is the shock to lose two in a row, when you don't even have one yet. :wacko:

Still, a friend of my sister's found out she will prob never have kids, can't concieve, and even IVF won't help, she hardly has any eggs. This makes me very grateful that I can get pregnant. Having a hard time seeing pregnant people right now, I expect it will get easier, but right now I don't know if I will ever have that! :cry:

Are you kind of not trying, not preventing this month? Or definately going for it? How are you coping now? Is it a bit easier? :hugs:

Hey Lucy

Thank you for telling me your story, I am so happy to know you have found the man of your Dreams to have a baby with :)

When we decided to try for a baby i did not use temping or anything just got of the pill and and strated ttc straight away but keep track of my period on the calander got pregnant in 2 months,

soo i fell like i dont wont to do temping, or anything like that because i fell every day will be able baby making,

I am on my period now came on sunday night very heavy and clotty but it has chilled out so happy :)

xxxx

Hey Sarah, did you find your hormones hard to cope with coming off pill. I like you am happy when period arrived, all the pms and crap went away and I felt ok again. Now I am approaching happy estrogen time, it's my fav time of month, those hormones make me feel happy, sexy and fantastc! It's funny I spent 10 years on the pill, and missed all of this.

Glad you are feeling happy today, post period is the best time of the month!

when i came of the period i felt fine happy exsited, I just dont wont to be sad anymore i just wont to get on with it, and think to the future there is no point in looking back! But its hard. How long dose your period last for?

xxx

After all the crap we've all been through, getting your AF is the first sign of getting back to normal!

Good luck xx

I have found out that usually its a 5 day thing, but after MC more likely a 7/8 day thing! I expect this period won't be over til at least Fri/sat, still quite heavy now. But I like you feel quite cheerful with the hormone change.

You are so right Katy xxx

I came off the pill in April and got pregnant straight after that. I don't know what to expect this time around and hope that I do ovulate!

Have bought the ovulation sticks which I've never used before so hope I get a good result with them! I'm now curious as to when I should start using them!?

They are expensive and don't want to waste them!

I never thought that this would happen to me I just thought MC's happened to other people. Bad I know but after having my daughter with no problems I just thought it would be ok!

Only time will tell!

Good luck to you all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back