My first ov test any advice please

macy7t7

mum to Freya
Reaction score
I started to test today using a poas ov test there is a faint line that showed within 5 minutes like it said it should. Please have a look and let me know what you think. Also when do you start dtd. Sorry if tmi but we tend to do it to time it right?
We did it this morning and yesterday anyway.
Thanks for the info.

Do you have a picture you could upload? It sounds like it was probably not positive since you said it is a faint line, which is normal because you always have a little bit of LH in your system so it will likely gradually get darker as you near your surge just before ovulation.

I dtd every other day the entire month up until about 3 or 4 days after ovulation and that worked for us because we conceived our DS.

From what I understand, it's best to do it every other day as you approach ovulation (or at least be sure there is more than 24 hours between dtd) because it takes at least 24 hours for a man's sperm count to replenish, so doing it everyday with less than 24 hours in between would actually decrease your chances of conception. Once you get your positive OPK, you can go ahead and dtd everyday, it's usually best to continue to dtd up to 3 days past your expected ovulation as well. I'm not an expert, but this is what my doctor told me and we followed that schedule and conceived the 1st month I ovulated :thumbup:

Thank u for that info will test tomorrow then and see if it changes and go from there.
Thanks again.

You're welcome! Depending on where you are in your cycle and how long your cycle is, it may take several days to see any changes, a fellow member of the site recently put up her progression of OPK's under the ovulation testing forum and it's a great example of what you might see as you continue to test, leading up to your surge and then after you get your positive.

Good luck :winkwink:

Clear blue digital is a lot easier to follow

I'd love to get the digi ones but I thought for my first time I'd use the cheaper ones as I've head good views on them. I tested last night and got a slight positive so I know I'm getting closer to my ov day. It's only my 2nd month trying and i'm still exploring my options.

That's a great idea, especially because you can get SO many cheapies for a great price that way when you get closer to your positive you can test twice a day so you don't miss your surge. When I was TTC, I did an 11am test and then an evening test around 6-8pm, I noticed the day I got my positive that my 11am was getting really close, then my 8pm was positive and the next morning it was negative again, I have a short surge, but some women get a day or two of positives!

GL! :thumbup:

I got my positive on cd13 in the am and pm so we dtd I wasn't able to check on the Saturday so I just checked my cervix and cm, no cm and my cervix was low hard and slightly open so I am praying to god we timed it right. I found that this month using the tests and checking myself helped a lot. Only time will tell now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->