My first TWW!

Hi ladies. I'm also in my first TWW. How funny that so many of us are testing on our OH's birthdays? I am as well! September 8. AF is due that day anyway. FX for birthday presents for all of our men!

I haven't thought about how I will announce it yet because I'm so sure that I won't get pregnant our very first month trying.

You never know! I know many people that have gotten pregnant on their first month trying :p I hope you do!

My OH's birthday isn't until October 24th, so he'll actually know when I'm pregnant before I do. He's usually my test checker guy. I love that he does that for me, and I want to be able to video his reaction when I tell him to check on it after the timer goes off.

We are however, announcing to my grandmother and the world right around DH's birthday. My mommom's birthday is the 30th, and if we have a scan by then (IF I'm pregnant lol), we're going to give her a copy as a birthday gift!

AF is due on the day before my OH's birthday but as we are going for a meal I will have to test before, when the wine comes every one will know whats up if I decline! I don't know what that says about me LOL!! Im excited iv been doubting myself as some of the symptoms have eased however all we can do is wait and hope!

My OH already has 2 girls and has always said he wants a family with me and when ever it happens hes happy, I think the thought of "trying" scares him because he thinks if you try it may not happen but if you don't try and don't prevent you kind of wont know.. what woman wouldn't know? iv been obsessed with tracking since we had the talk but I guess we just have to see what happens

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE hats on ladies

2nd DPO for me. Not a symptom in sight!! How bout you ladies?

I'm trying not to symptom spot, but my lower back (just above my tailbone, probably from the gym) is really sore and my breasts are very sore (not sure if it has anything to do with the too much chocolate the past few days). Other than that, I'm feeling good!

It's now the morning of 3dpo for me (in the UK) and my nipples are even more sensitive now to the point where it's a little painful. I've never experienced this before, but since I haven't had a period in so long this could just be my new thing and I'll get to have it every month. Great :growlmad:
I hope my OH doesn't want to have sex this weekend, because if he does he'll have to keep his hands off my boobs and he'll be very disappointed hehe!
I just remembered that I woke up quite suddenly after falling asleep last night and went to the bathroom and was instantly almost sick. That's probably more to do with the takeaway I ate last night though! :haha:

3 dpo here in the US and my DH is asking when I can test, I think he's more anxious and excited than I am! He woke up saying one more week till we know if we're having a baby. He's so cute and supportive, but I'm having a kind of morning where I'm not sure if this is going to be our month. My symptoms are relatively gone, but yesterday they seemed to progress throughout the day. I'm just hoping that it's normal to have symptoms this early, but it's my first month off BC in 7 years, so I'm sure that's where they're coming from.

5 DPO here today. Tori, I'm having the same experience. I feel completely normal this morning. We'll see how the day goes. OH keeps asking if I'm pregnant as if I should just "know". Lol I keep telling him that I'm not so he's not disappointed wen I get a BFN. :/

3DPO.
My boobs aren't tender but they feel fuller. I think that's normal after all ovulations tho. And Ever since the wedding I've been gaining steady weight. (Just 5lbs). I lost a little too much to where I was skinnier than I like. So the breast fullness might be just some regaining of fat to the ladies :)

Apart from that, which might be a stretch itself, no symptoms so far!

Most medical (not anecdotal) information I've read says that you don't start getting symptoms until after implantation which isn't until 6-10 or more days after ovulation. So don't lose heart! We could still all be BFPs in a week or more! It's still so early!

To update my incident with the hubby saying he wasn't sure he was ready to be a dad: we had a talk about it the next day. He brought it up. He's very very open to it. I think it's just cold feet sort of thing. He reassured me that he'd be VERY excited of we got pregnant. It was good to hear. :)

That's great, Alicia. Good that you guys talked about it and he is fully on board :)

I have also read that symptoms don't show up until after implantation, but I have a hard time denying all the info from women who have fallen pregnant having certain symptoms more often than those who aren't pregnant. Throughout the day (TMI) I've had TONS of creamy CM. Not just a little bit here and there, but every time I use the bathroom there is a quarter size glob on the paper. I also experienced on and off pinching pains. Not bad, but uncomfortable enough to where I found myself moving to get comfortable. I've also taken an unintentional 1.5-2 hour nap every day since 3 DPO. Unusually tired.

Now here's what my overly rational mind says: the increased CM and pinching pains are due to so much BDing this cycle (Don't know if that makes a difference. It's been 3 days since we have done it). I haven't come up with a reasonable explanation for the exhaustion but I'm sure that I will.

Anyone else notice how time seems to come to a grinding HAULT as soon as you TTC??!! I mean my god 7 months of engagement FLEW by but the TWW takes foooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrr!!!

This is my first TWW, too- on Clomid this month & monitoring for the first time (had been super irregular before, and couldn't figure out when I was O.
Good luck & FX for all of us! (now, please, let the next two weeks fly by?)

Agreed about time being slow! I'm 4dpo and this is worse than waiting on my husband to come home from deployment, definitely slower than the last 2 weeks waiting for him. It especially doesn't help that he's so excited about me testing and tells me every morning how many days lol. I will feel so bad if it's a BFN.

I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm having major lower back cramps that feel like cramps I get with my period and my boobs and nipples are sore. It's getting me down, but I'm hoping that the symptoms are just from coming off BC since I read you don't have symptoms until implantation. UGH.

4DPO.
Still no symptom in sight.
Had some twinges of left sided lower back pain yesterday but that's a stretch.

You know, I think the worst part of getting a BFN on this first TWW would be that I just know that ill be worried about having long term difficulty conceiving.
I timed the BDing well. 5 days before, 2 days before, and on ovulation day!

For the sake of my sanity I hope I'm BFP!
I know many dont get it on the first try... I just don't know what else I would possibly do!

Same here, Alicia. We did it the 3 days leading up to O, on O day itself, AND the day after. We used preseed, sat still for a bit afterwards, I've been taking prenatals and not drinking coffee... if we don't get a BFP I'm afraid we tried everything this time and that means we will have trouble long-term. That scares me.

I've been having so much cramping yesterday and today. It's getting irritating, really. Not AF cramps, but like needle pokes all over. I don't know what to think about that. :/

Good morning ladies!!

LiLi, I'd say cramping is a hopeful sign of implantation!!

5DPO!!
I just feel a little fuller in the breasts still. No symptoms overall.

I'm excited cuz I'm finally getting closer to implantation time!!! Hurry up egg and implant so that I start having real symptoms!!!!... Halfway there til testing on Saturday the 7th!!!

I'm 5dpo as well. l still have sore nipples, but today have been having some mild cramping (kind of fluttery feeling?) and loads of white creamy cm.
Also feel quite full when not eating a lot. I'm putting down everything no matter how small and trivial because then I can look back in future and compare.
I'm just worried that the cramps are af coming early and I'm going to have a really short luteal phase - anything to worry about since I've not had af in about 9 years!

I'm at 5dpo and I've been wide awake since 2:15. I had to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. My lower back is still off and on crampy, and my nipples hurt so bad. Lots of creamy CM, too. Other than that nothing exciting going on, just wishing for next Saturday to be here so I can test.

I think I can add emotional to my list after crying in my car at a song I was listening to :blush:

Alright so if I'm including small and trivial stuff my symptom list would be
- fatigue
- breast fullness
- lower back aching intermittently
- mild constipation

Come on implantation!!!!

I know, come on implantation!! Pretty sure my boobs are a bit more veiny? I keep wanting to take pics so that I can compare with previous days but keep thinking what would happen if I went to show someone at work a photo and forgot I had various boob shots on there :haha:
I've also cried at pretty much everything on tv tonight, including Coronation Street :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->