My Food and Exercise diary

Sorry to be all negative, but a couple of things.

Layla how much honestly wre you hoping to lose a week on this diet? 2lb in 4 days in superb, I think perhaps that you may have an unrealistic idea of how much weight you can lose from dieting. if you lose 3lb in a week to start with your sort of build your doing very well, weight loss any faster is very extream and also very bad for you.

Also these pink and white things although they are low in fat, they may e high in suger, so check the calorie content, its a clever trick of a lot of manufacturers to tell you something is low fat, when instead its high in sugar which you body just converts to fat anyway. Always check your cal intake as well as your fat intake.

last time i did it, i lost 9lbs in just over a week so i was hoping i would have lost 4 or 5 lbs by now.

x

Ah but weight loss ALWAYS slows after being on a diet for a few weeks hun :)

But losing some is better than none :)
xxx

Are you sure your scales wernt broken! this a distrubing amounf of weight to lose, and vertually impossible to do, unless you weigh something like over 20 stone to start with. Short of living on cabbage soup and having an intence sauna to dehydrate prior to weigh in Idont have any idea how you could have achived that sort of weight loss in one week, as its not natural.

i did live on salad pretty much, i had toast for breakfast, cereal for lunch, then salad/cabage with steamed white fish for dinner, i drank nothing but water, was teh hardest thing i ever had to do in my life lol.

I was very overweight to start with, i had alot of baby fat from Coby (still do) i did it for 8 or 9 says then had to stop coz i wanted normal food again, i never put that back on either so that was good.

x

Plus i was swimmig twice a week then, im not doing anything now other than walking.

x

Ah see you may have found that a diet like that is brilliant for getting rid of retained fluid after pregnancy, of which you do carry a good stone or so of, which yes by detoxing like that you will get rid of as its body water not fat. But now you have got rid of it, its fat your trying to shift now which is a lot slower to go, As Imi said weight loss is always quick to start with and then slows when you get to the more stuborn bit. Pregnancy water and etra blood can be a couple of stones worth or even more that if dieting you can lose very rapidly.

i think your doing brilliant Layla :D and think its fab how youve stuck to drinking water its the one thing i cant so is just drink water i need my coffee and fizzy juice :blush:

dont burst my bubble! :pop: lol

i guess that way does make sure sence, it was after the pregnancy that i lost too so i had gained a little big of weight from that 9 weeks.

I want t lose weigh quickly so that my consultant cant give me any excuses about fertility drugs, also coz i have a spare whewll around my middle lol

Apart from that, im happy with my size (hips, bum low abdomin etc) it is just teh top part of my tummy i want to lose.

I know i need to step up the exersice, i really do but i have a major will power problem and energy problem, in other words, im lazy lol

xx

do you have anyone you can jog with or anything? my problem is im so unfit im nackerd by the time i walk home from nursery but i feel too embarraced to go a fast walk or a run by myself and dont have anyone to go with :( if you have someone maybe it will boost your energy maybe not your energy but i find sometimes its a good laugh going with someone else plus you dont feel as nackerd untill you sit back down lol

xxxx

I didnt think you were that big! Whats your BMI?

i have no idea what it is,

weight wize im very heavy, altho i dont think i look as heavy as i am..

Im now 15st 4lbs size 18 to 20

Before Coby I was 13st 7lbs size 16

I would like to get down to a perfect size 18 if possible

xx

do you have anyone you can jog with or anything? my problem is im so unfit im nackerd by the time i walk home from nursery but i feel too embarraced to go a fast walk or a run by myself and dont have anyone to go with :( if you have someone maybe it will boost your energy maybe not your energy but i find sometimes its a good laugh going with someone else plus you dont feel as nackerd untill you sit back down lol

xxxx

lol i dont do jogging my boobs would knock me out lol

I did swim twice a week with my mate, but that slowly fizzled out

xx

Layla as stupid as it sounds ... im gonna surgest what mum has said ...

chinese food (homecooked)

It's low in fat and because it is done i a wok it's not caked in oil!

Mum has done her slimming world diet and used the chinese method of cooking and honeslty she is doing FANTASTIC!!

xxx

I gave myself the weekend off, altho i didnt go mad and didnt eat to much bad stuff.

This week im not going to be as hard on what i eat, as long as i eat healthy things then i will treat myself too.

xx

Monday

Breakfast : banana toasie, best of both bread.

Lunch : roasted chicken and grated carrot sandwich on best of both bread and low fat mayo. packet of mini cheeders

Dinner :

Snacks : grapes, left over spagetti from the kids dinner

Drinks : Water, sugar free juice

Excercise : walking

Layla you are doing fab babe!

I used to be a weight watchers advisor, so I know for a fact that when you first embark on a diet you can lose quite a lot of weight in the first week or two, but this is mainly water weight, although there will be some fat content too.

A safe, steady rate to lose weight is to shed it at about 2lb a week, otherwise it can be unhealthy for you and if you lose any more than that each week, you will normally find that it will not stay off and you will usually gain more weight than you had lost plus more......

On a good note here are a few foods that you may like which are low in fat and calories.....

I found that the weight watchers chocolate orange sundaes really curbed my sweet tooth, they were a godsend.

The pink & whites I bung in the microwave, makes them that bit sweeter :)

Bowyers sausages are very low.

Tesco's healthy Eating Burgers

Skinny Cow Icecream/lollies.......mint choc chip is another sweet craving saviour!

Splendour sweetener (if you have sugar) a brilliant substitute...

Tesco's healthy eating mature cheese

Mullerlight yogurts

Meringue nests (top it with a mullerlight yogurt & fruit)

snacka jacks

Also, if you use oil, try to dry fry most things or use the 1 Cal spray in place of oil......I used to do my eggs using it, as that is the only thing we fry in this house.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head, hope there is something of use to you there...

But honestly babe, losing 2lb a week you should be very proud, that is really fantastic, the more you weigh the more you will lose each week, but when you are not that big a steady 1-2lb weekly weight loss is expected! So stick with it and be patient, it will all be worth it! ;) x

Thanks Tam, only just seem this..

I lost 5lbs in total so im really chuffed :)

not going to diet anymore, just going to try and be sensible

xx

You have done really well!! Good for you babe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back