My Galactic Staffordshire Wedding

Oh wow!!! That's amazing! Way to go Cat ... so jelous she gets to be there all day :lol: I bet she will be amazing Gem :D x

She'll have her work cut out making me look gorgeous :p

I've liked. Cat your photos are amazing :cloud9: that's a lovely talent you've got there hun :) x

Uhm... nope.... you're going to make my job easy... looking so gorgeous!!! :cloud9:

Shucks :blush: lol!

Right whats left to book this early? lol!

Thanks Kelly!

Jade booked me to do her wedding so I decided to bite the bullet and do a course in Wedding and Portrait photography and it starts next month. So far all I know I've taught myself so I'm really excited to push myself to the next level and start my business! :D

...wedding insurance incase venue,dress,flowers or anything goes tits up me thinks ... when I was looking other week it was around £20 so will do that in few weeks time I think :)

x

Oh wow! I didn't know you were doing Jades too :happydance: eeeekkk!

I never took out the insurance (too stingy :haha: ) x

Lol I know im in two minds but 2 big venues gone bust round here in last year so im little worried lol

Stationary is a horrible thing to look for - just had an hour of it and given up ... so many choices etc ... and some prices :shock: Asked jade where hers from, hard to get idea of quality of card etc too ... definitely leaving it for a while - got time!

deciding to re-do my save the dates or not bother :/

Hmmm.... i seem to remember you really liking the old computer disk idea?? :)

Stationary is a bugger! though I was very pleased with ours. found it in a brochure and quality turned out fabulous!

Best of luck honey! lots of places will send you samples, so maybe try a few very different types and see what appeals more! xx

Sooooo so happy for you Gem! Its all coming together now and its such a relief when its booked ay!?

Brilliant venue! Yay now for a dress :haha:

I got a great deal for all my stationary!

I never though about insurance...... hmm......

:thumbup: thanks girls - got ur mail Jade too ty for that!!!!

Disk idea - why yes Cath :thumbup: ....hmmmmm........ if only all my guests had pc's then could actually make a cd :p although we do have a URL and beginnings of a website (needs updating!)

https://www.steveandgemmaphillips.co.uk/

I wondered what you were on about then, I thought why not do my own website :rofl:!!! Ah but I now realised - Stationary!!! I was talking to mum about that and she said by the time youve brought all the stuff, ink for printing, time etc etc then it wont be any cheaper she doesnt think, and mums very crafty so for her to say that I know shes right :)

So been updating the mood board im more drawn too ... it was down to the teals one and the black/white one but seen as the venue isnt a contemporary venue I think the teals would go better in the surroundings :p she says!!! however venue does have red carpet so hmmmm although they are changing it but dont know what too .....

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Wedding/Teals2.jpg

What do you think ....

So key things:
  • Lace dress, ties in with the ornate dress that Amidala wears, yet modern and backless like the other dress she wears!, been looking at that dress a while and I quite like it!
  • Light-saber cake knife, already sourced the saber just need the knife now to destroy lol
  • Mens/boys suits -Steve's already said he wants charcoal colour and we're going for the Edward jacket which is the longer thigh length one, bit jedi ish :/
  • Flowergirl dress - Clean lines, love the colour, also liking the Leia hairstyle!
  • Star wand for the flowergirl - Star not heart preferred
  • Lego cufflinks - pretty quirky and not in your face, could have any character.
  • Centrepieces - Futuristic in look, flower balls are soft and feminine yet could represent planets, jewels on branches add sparkle. Could add brooch in the bow to tie in with bouquet.
  • Love lego figues holding rings - Cath photo oppotunity! :p
  • Hair embellishments in bottom corner from Sarah in the film Labyrinth, ever since little girl this is the one only thing I always wanted in my wedding, and I could just have it .. ive got the hair lol!!!

So personally I think its hit the nail on the head and not in your face geeky but a good mix between a normal wedding and a theme? Or am I just blinkered?!!!!

Suggestions?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"