my grandma stressing me out

MomPepperdine

Reaction score
So yesterday was my shower and we had it at my grandmas. Well my cousin (who is also pregnant and 2 weeks ahead of me) tells me that my grandma is just sure I'm going to have noah early and dh isn't going to be able to get home in time and I should kind of prep my oldest daughter (4 yrs old) on what could happen and what ill need her to do.

Now a little back story so you get why this is so stressing (if you haven't seen my prev post :haha: ) my last baby was 2 hrs of labor and half of it I didn't know I was in labor the hospital at the time was 30mins away and we hardly made it there. Now we live over an hr away and dh works about an hr from home.

So for my grandma to say is stressing me out! My dd has been asking tons of questions of how the baby comes out ect and I've been telling her we go to the drs and they say knock knock baby time to come out lol but now I'm wondering if I should be more open with her incase I will need her help :/

Well depends on her maturity but my friend daughter was 4 and she told her that mummy has a special hole in her foofoo( their name for girl bits) and that is how baby gets our. She just accepted this no problem.

My daughter is 3 in July and I have told her that when baby is coming, mummy will get tummy ache and the baby comes out of mummy's front bottom. She knows she will go to Grandmas or another family member too.

It's entirely up to you on what you tell your little one though.

I just believe in being honest with her xx

I believe you should be honest and tell her the truth kids really don't care as much as you think they will, she'll ask a couple questions and that'll be it

Eh I think I'm going to talk to my dr about me poss going earlier then 39 weeks. I just don't know how to tell her that baby brother is going to come out of mommas girlfriend lol and get her not to tell everyone about it :haha:

My DD is 4 nest month and obsessed with that show, One Born Every Minute, and knows where babies come out of etc, so your LO can probably handle it. You would just need to prep her as to who to call - maybe do speed dials etc.

Eh I think I'm going to talk to my dr about me poss going earlier then 39 weeks. I just don't know how to tell her that baby brother is going to come out of mommas girlfriend lol and get her not to tell everyone about it :haha:

Kids are definitely for embarrassing you! Mine has told a few people that the baby is coming from mummy's bottom but people just laugh and I just say well at least she knows the truth!! Xx

I would be honest with her. I let my daughter who will be 4 3 week after baby due watch an episode of one born every minute and she was fascinated and asked a few questions and is totally fine about it all. She's more worried it will hurt me but I just tell her it doesn't matter because we get a nice baby after it all lol. X

My four year old knows pretty much how it works in detail. He's witnessed the birth of horses and sheep, but other than asking a few questions, he's not all that bothered by it. I think at 4, they are normally mature enough to handle the basics.

Honesty would be best. And you don't have to go into graphic detail, just enough so she kind of understands what'll happen. Otherwise, I imagine it could be pretty scary for her to suddenly see mommy in a lot of pain.

(and maybe see if your doctor would say the "knock knock" line in her hearing. Who knows, if she does end being scared, it might help relieve that).

In the meantime, definitely come up some kind of back up plan just in case your husband isn't nearby and it happens fast again.

I agree with above about honesty being best. I am in a similar situation with my husband leaving tomorrow as he's posted (military) and he's 600 miles away! He has been given leave when im 39 weeks so he's not gone for a long time but I'm hoping for home birth and have a 7 yr old dd who I have had to be very honest with as with her, I got to 7.5cm dilated without having a clue!! Dd doesn't want to be here when I'm having this baby but I've had to warn her just in case, my family are also about 90 minutes away. Dd asked lots of questions and I was extremely honest and she followed it up with a few more questions once she had time to think a bit but I didn't want her thinking it was all rainbows and sunshine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->