My HCG is tripling not doubling, im scared.. what could it mean?

psmith

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im new to this section, i found out i was expecting on Sunday last week :)

On Wednesday this week the doctors took some bloods, and my level was 124 as I was having some cramping, they wanted to make sure it was going up.

Anyway I went back to the doctors this morning and had more bloods done, only now the levels are 448!

Does anyone know what this could mean and if its normal? Im really new to this.

Thank you so much!! :flower:

Hi everyone,

Im new to this section, i found out i was expecting on Sunday last week :)

On Wednesday this week the doctors took some bloods, and my level was 124 as I was having some cramping, they wanted to make sure it was going up.

Anyway I went back to the doctors this morning and had more bloods done, only now the levels are 448!

Does anyone know what this could mean and if its normal? Im really new to this.

Thank you so much!! :flower:

This is all within 48 hours to be clear :)

I think the experienced mommas will be in a better position to advice on this but I didn't want to read and ruun. It could be that you're growing multiple buns. The most important thing is that your levels are rising and not decreasing so that's a good sign. All the best and a healthy pregnancy.

I'm not sure either - I never even found out my hsg levels but could that not mean twins? Did your doctor not say? x

Again, im no expert but from what i have heard, the beginning of the pregnancy is a very fast accelaration of hcg then it starts to double and then it slows down and peaks. :flower:

What did your doctor say, I only got mine done once due to a previous problem mine was quite high 33000 at 6 wks. Personally I think your numbers look fine I guess another reading would be really helpful x

The nurse who told me just said 'oohh, triple is good!' and then hung up. I'm getting my levels done again on Monday. If I go by my LMP i should be 7 weeks but i must have ovulated really realllyyyyy late :) ohwell, a baby is a baby whether conceived on a timley manner or not. Im just really excited to see them going up, rather tripling than not going up at all i guess

The nurse who told me just said 'oohh, triple is good!' and then hung up. I'm getting my levels done again on Monday. If I go by my LMP i should be 7 weeks but i must have ovulated really realllyyyyy late :) ohwell, a baby is a baby whether conceived on a timley manner or not. Im just really excited to see them going up, rather tripling than not going up at all i guess

I had the same thing happen last week and had wondered the same thing! I am pregnant with my first as well and found out about a week and a half ago at 10DPO. My FRER at 11 DPO was VERY dark which was great...no guessing!!

HCG at 12 DPO was 96, 14 DPO was 321 so I tripled as well. I also wondered about multiples because we knew that I released two eggs (I'm under the care of an RE). I had more blood drawn yesterday (at 22 DPO) and I should have those results this morning. They did an ultrasound yesterday and we saw the gestational and yolk sac, so everything was perfect. Only one sac was seen though!!

From what I've been told...HCG levels vary from woman to woman and baby to baby. As long as you are seeing a consistent rise that is all that matters. Take the tripling as an indication of a healthy baby...whether that be one or two!

Tripling is great and totally normal in early pregnancy. Mine went from 39.9 to 141.5 in 48 hours, then in 7 days up to 2,424! So you're right on track!

when your levels are still low like that it goes climb much faster, once in the thousands if it were tripling i think then maybe multiples or something else. My levels when low always triple.

Hi
Just thought I would try and help iam a mother to 7 year ivf twins and when I had my bloods done (14 days after egg placement) my hcg levels where 1991 two days later 8945 so really high. Iam know 6/7 weeks pregnant with one miracle baby and at 5 weeks pregnant hcg where 1491 two days late 7541. I've been told a starting hcg that's really high and doubles or triples could mean multiple pregnancy or just a strong pregnancy of one. I don't think you will know for sure until u see on scan how many bumbum r in there
Sam

it sounds like all is ok! the more hcg the better i would imagine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->