My hopefully cheap summer 2014 wedding!

xlouloux

LTTC & 1 Furbaby
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I made a journal ages ago but I wanted to start a new one as it's not just a dream anymore. OH is also getting fed up of me showing him hundreds of dresses lol.

Me & OH are planning to marry next summer at the registry office. We just want cheap & cheerful with a few family members and a nice meal or something afterwards.

I'm already facing some problems as OH can only invite one of his parents (they can't be in the same room) so he doesn't know what to do. I was also supposed to keep it as a surprise until we actually make an appointment but I ended up telling my mom. She started saying oh you have to invite so & so and you have to have a big party!! I think I nipped it in the bud though and told her It's OUR wedding and we're making the decisions and that's final.

Just a quick list of things I need:
To book the registry office!!
Rings
Flowers
Dress
Suit
Photographer (might just get my mom to do it as I bought her an awesome camera for her bday)
A restaurant but nothing to fancy
Invites
Taxis (happy to pay a bit more for a nicer car!)

That's probably it for now, I definitely don't want to go overboard on the whole thing!

Sounds like you have it all under control. Happy Planning!

Congratulations and Good luck planning your wedding!

I'm getting married next December and we want a small wedding but man, we are falling into that "you gotta invite" trap :dohh:

Thank you both!

My mom is seriously trying to take over, she's talking about limos and a massive party :dohh: yesterday she was showing me some truly awful dresses going for £10 on ebay, I'm all for a good bargain if it's worth it but why would she say she wants it to be a special day then show me those?! :nope:

I have been looking a short wedding dresses because I don't want to be in a long/big dress in the middle of town in the summer. I've seen some nice ones but not any definite YES ones, I did say to OH that when I go and try them on if I find a long one I like then I will wear it.

I've decided to have daisies for my flowers as they are my fave, I'm going to buy fake ones and make my own bouquet like the first one in the pic, and I like the buttonhole as well for OH.

My sister and cousin will be my bridesmaids and my cousins daughter will be the flower girl and her little son pageboy. This is the bridesmaid dress I want. I don't know if my sister will agree but I think it will fit nicely with the daisies and me in a short dress, nice and summery but no to out there!

Attachments

• daisies-1024x1024.jpg
    daisies-1024x1024.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
  • green-chiffon-sweetheart-short-bridesmaid-dress-bd056.jpg
    green-chiffon-sweetheart-short-bridesmaid-dress-bd056.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics