My hpts are getting lighter :(

Kimiw

Reaction score
I think I'm on my way to another miscarriage. I am seeing my RE in the morning for blood work. My tests started getting lighter today. I took one this morning that was nice and dark then I took one now and the line is for sure lighter. I'm do bummed.

Could your urine have been a little diluted? I'd take another one in the morning.

I'm sorry you're going through this stress. Fx and prayers for you and your little bean. :hugs:

If it was your 2nd one today maybe that's why it's not as strong. Test again in with fmu again if possible.

to test progression use first morning urine every day...it could be diluted and not as consintrated if u do it a second time hun

Thanks ladies, I took another this morning, it was much better than last nights. It was actually the same as yesterday mornings test. I did drink a lot of water yesterday so my urine could have been dilute. I don't have any symptoms of mc. My boobs have stopped hurting though. Just off and on

Try not to get to wrapped up in how dark your lines are, I'm in the same boat as you are as far as worrying about mc.

I've limited myself to testing once per day, and that really helps me to stop over analysing lines.

All the best for your RE appointment.

Stop testing! You're just going to stress yourself out. Different batches of tests have different amounts of dye and the strength of your urine can alter things too. Don't keep testing and freaking yourself out.

I think alternate day testing with SMU will give you the best progression with lowest margin of error.

By SMU I mean second morning urine. Get up, pee, don't drink anything pee again then test. I can usually squeeze something out within half an hour. That way any dilute urine in your bladder from early on in the evening is gone and you haven't started diluting down that days urine.

Alternate day testing is better than daily testing to show progression as it takes 48 hours for hCG to double and about generally it seems tests get noticeably darker at the same rate. If you do test every day then compare tests as if you were testing alternate days. EG compare 14dpo to 12dpo not 13dpo.

Its all very well telling people not to test, but some of us find it a great comfort and very interesting to do so. Best to know what your looking for and when to worry if you want to test regularly. Yes people might "worry" and come on here asking for questions but those people may worry equally as much if they can't test and see what's going on with their body.

That happened to me too! My 6 week test was wayyyy fainter than my 4th week test.

The colors aren't reliable indicators of what's going on IMO. Good luck, I think it'll be fine :flower:

Yeah, Im trying to not worry but after a miscarriage you tend to constantly worry. I will have my blood test results by this afternoon. I'm 4 weeks and 2 days. My RE did an ultrasound this morning (even though its way early). He said we bro ably were not going to see anything but he wanted to see how things looked. He checked my ovaries they were fine, even saw the cyst from where the mature egg ruptured during ovulation. Then he checked my uterus and he said it looked nice and thick then we saw what was the earliest start of the gestational sac! It wasn't very clear but he said it looked consistent with how far along I am. Just waiting for my blood work! My first beta on Monday was only 7! Then Wednesday it was 16. It's been 4 days I hope to hear a good number!

If you can't make yourself stop testing, you are best doing them every two days for a more real picture of progression. Definitely no more than once a day as your hormone will be weaker in the pee after fmu.

I have to agree with the ladies. FMU is the best and only time you should take a hpt. It's super concentrated then. Also, one piece of advice that helped me is that a hpt is only able to tell you that you have hcg in your urine... NOT how much hcg. Hope this helps put your mind at ease. I've had a miscarriage too and you aren't alone in your worries. We all worry obsessively but that's just to prove we'll all be amazing mommies to these babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->