• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My husband has propped the crib up with a light saber!!!

KRobbo

Mummy to Oliver
Reaction score
What it says really, LO has reflux so I asked DH to prop up the end of the crib. He used a light saber! :haha: What silly things have your Daddy's done?

Haha, nice! In keeping with the theme, my DH used to sing the Darth Vader motiv to LO to calm her down. She also used to enjoy renditions of Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog themes. They seem to have moved on to other songs these days though, my favourite being the one Cartman sings in the very first episode of South Park ("I want to sing-e about the moon-e and the Jun-e and the spring-e..."). :haha:

My sisters hubby used to growl at his baby girl, that is until she started growling at the other babies at nursery!

I sing Head, shoulders, knees and toes to LO but DH insists on singing 'eggs, bacon, cheese on toast'!!!!

My OH has entire conversations with LO in completely unintelligible baby babble. Not that unusual, but he really goes over the top with facial expressions etc. I find it hilarious.. .especially 'cos he stops doing it if I am nearby like he's embarrassed he's doing it!

I never expected him to get like that with LO so it's lovely for me to witness :)

My husband sings Metallica songs to our daughter as lullabies, it seems to work! :)

well this isnt about lo's dad.. but when I was a baby my mom went out for a bit and left me with my dad, and we ran out of diapers, so he put me in a tube sock lol

Also in keeping with the original theme - when I was pregnant and overdue, Steve tried using "the force" to get Fran out :haha:

My husband sings Metallica songs to our daughter as lullabies, it seems to work! :)

My OH does that too :thumbup:. He also does a cracking BeeGee version of "The Wizard of Oz" munchkin song (full falsetto :haha:).

My OH does that too :thumbup:. He also does a cracking BeeGee version of "The Wizard of Oz" munchkin song (full falsetto :haha:).
Ok that's just freaky - mine sings that too! He tells Charlie that he's rescuing her cos I'm a wicked witch, then starts singing 'ding dong the witch is dead' etc! lol :haha:

Great stories! I caught my best friend and Oliver's Godfather giving him advice on to get the ladies to like him, explaining who all the characters in Avengers are and detailing why a jaffa cake is a cake not a biscuit!

Silly men!!

Also in keeping with the original theme - when I was pregnant and overdue, Steve tried using "the force" to get Fran out :haha:

lmao omg my husband is a total star wars fan also! He got DD a star wars bag for daycare and is looking for a pink light saber :haha: my mom had bought Marley a star wars onesie and the first thing DH said was "the force is strong in this one" :wacko: lol

In keeping with the apparently awesome theme of geekery here, I sing Hobbit drinking songs to calm my LO down. Haha. Also,on the Star Wars side of things... Here's my LO... https://obsessedsokkafangirl.deviantart.com/#/d50944l

This isn't geeky, but it's a head slapper. I had DH watch LO while I grabbed a quick shower. When I got out it was too quiet so I went to check on them. My LO was laying in the middle of the floor. DH was no where in sight. There's no blanket under her or anything. Also, she was completely naked.

Turns out she had one of those up the back poops. DH had stripped her down and cleaned her up and then just left her there while he went to wash his hands and change his shirt. When I asked him what exactly inspired this grand plan, he said he couldn't put on a new diaper because he had poop on his hands and he didn't want to put her in her seat, play gym, or a blanket because he was afraid she would pee on them.

There are more holes in that reasoning then I care to count, but I can't be too annoyed. At least this time he didn't bring her to me for a diaper change while I was in the shower!! (It's happened before!) We just had to have a 'please don't leave the baby naked and unattended in the floor' talk. That's a completely normal conversation, right?

My DH is a total Star Wars/Marvel nerd (and I'm a Super Mario/musicals nerd)

His first ever photo with Alice he is wearing a Darth Vader T Shirt with 'I am your father' on it and his first ever 'night shift' with her, he watched Star Wars: new hope so he always tells people the first ever film she watched was Star Wars :haha:

Mind you I'm not much better, I'm gutted I can't find a Star Wars onesie for her :(

OH has taught LO to high five when he farts :dohh: sooo embarassing when you are out and about!

Ive also caught him holding LO in the air singing the Lion King to him :haha:

My hubby was singing the "there were 3 in the bed" song and I thought it was so cute. I hid in the hall listening and this is what I heard...
"there were 3 in the bed and the little one said roll over, roll over. So they rolled over and one fell out and he bumped his head and his guts were hanging out"!!
So not cute anymore!
Men

Caught him telling her a story the other day... The Hobbit.

Have subsequently banned Tolkien as bedtime fodder until a more suitable age... he's planning on starting her on Lord of The Rings at about age 6.

Mind you I'm not much better, I'm gutted I can't find a Star Wars onesie for her :(
Try Little Munsters on eBay.
My stepsis got Charlie a Top Gun one (I first liked the name Charlotte/Charlie cos of that film!), so they definitely deliver all over, including to the UK. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->