My husband loves the name Cannon..... What do u think?

Hope115

Cautiously Expecting
Reaction score
So my husband loves thename Cannon for a boy so it would be cannon joseph. Its hard for me to pick names cuz i work in a NICU and i hear the same baby names over and over and over again. There are sooo many i cannot do like jayden and brayden and layden and jackson and conner and caiden and the list goes on... The other names he like was gunner and hunter and ryder but to me they are cute little boy names but not for when hes older (just my opinion) now he likes Cannon... At first i hated it but it is growing on me, its similar to other popular names like conner, caiden, casey but its still different. I know he could be made fun of like cannon ball but honestly i have a popular name and absolutely hated that everyone has it and even more now that im older.... So honest opinion.... What do u think?

i wouldn't. To me it's too camera or vicar or gun.

Not for me Im afraid. I think you can get a lot of name teasing with this name xx

no this one is asking for trouble on the playground... it's too easy!

I dont think its to bad, I know a Ryder that doesn't get bullied

I like it. I also like Gunnar, spelled this way. I seem to like masculine sounding names, even if they aren't exactly names. The name we've chosen if our LO is a boy is along those lines, it prob won't get accolades on here, but that's ok. I wonder about areas where we all live, also. I always see the "playground bully" reason, which I know is possible...but kids here tend to have less common names and thrive quite well. We have a Rock, an Arch, a Gray (boy), a Grae (girl) just to name a few and they do fine.

Not my taste.

But if your last name isn't ball and you love it go for it.

Nope, if my husband wanted this one, I would nix it.

I think my dislike for it has to do with the fact that I think of it as too much of a last name. I went to college in Utah and my husband is Mormon, and "Cannon" is a common Mormon family name that shows up in Mormon history a lot.

My immediate thought was religious. So it's like priest / vicar / cardinal etc but it's a title like calling someone "Father Joseph", "Cardinal Joseph" or "pope Joseph". It just doesn't work for me personally as a name on that basis. It's like calling someone Mister IYSWIM?

If it wasn't for that I would really like it! The large gun and camera company associations wouldn't bother me. Anyway, if you love it you should go for it!

Thanks everyone.... Its true i guess its all about where you live too... We have very masculine names around here, there is a lil boy even named "Bull" and another "Lyon and Tyson" and those are not made fun of, the names that do get made fun of are Wyatt, Lucus, Dominic, george, frank, levi and the list goes on. So names here tend to be hawaiian or masculine. Oh boy, i have no clue... Anoher name he likes is Tank!!!! This is what im up against LOL hahaha

Discoclare- one of the reasons i liked it was ts meaning of "clergyman" or man closest to god since i am religious, its other meaning was wolf cub whih of course my husband loves ahahah.

As for is sounding like a last name, the other name we were thinking to give him was my last name as his first haha so i guess that doesnt bother me.

I guess my thought when it comes to the bein made fun of is, i have a very normal name and i still got made fun of as a kid just all all will. But i rather have a name im made fun of for a few years but love it for most of my life.

I really have no clue... We already had two girl names ... Jemma Hope or Kaila Hope that we both loved and now that its a boy... Im really in for it heheheh

I honestly don't see anything wrong with cannon and kind of like it. I agree that i can't do jayden jackson or Brayden or any of those either. I do like Ryder gunner hunter and Lucas though! (i really want lucas but know he mifht be made fun of). I think that no matter what, kids will find a way to make fun of other kids regardless of their name. It could he their hair color or the way they dress. I don't think it's too out there at all. Where are you located? Im in the states.

I think Hawaii is pretty typical for having different names, which I think cannon will fit well, but it's not too weird that if you move somewhere else it it will be out there. If you still like it then go for it. Did you have middle name in mind?

I like it, I think he'd grow into in and once he's lived as Cannon then it wouldn't seem so different. I have a cousin living on Maui named Thor. His sister is Nash. They never get made fun of, as far as I know. But then again, they totally fit their names, luckily. :)

It's different, yes, but not too different.

Yea Cannon Joseph for now lol
Thanks i really appreciate everyones input :)

I like it. I know a couple who named their son Canon (he was our wedding photographer, so I suspect he's actually named after the camera... LOL). Anyway, I didn't care for it much at first, but the more I hear it, the more I like it.

I was the same with my son's name. DH picked it out and loved it and it took me a while to come around to it. Now I love it! If it's growing on you, I say go for it. :)

I can see why he loves it...

Cannon-Gunner-Hunter-Tank

Haha. Does he love wars (history), military or hunting

Lol yes u could say that... Kind of a history buff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g