My Journey to TTC

Weffie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting in this thread. I recently got married in March to an amazing man. We have decided we are going to go off contraception and see what happens. I was on depo for 2 and a half years. I have stopped taking the shot and am currently waiting for my AF to return so I can begin tracking my cycles.

I have no experience tracking cycles or trying to conceive. After being on depo for so long I don't want to start "trying" officially as I'm too afraid of the heart ache. I understand from depo and my health issues, there's an increased chance of MC. I have thyroid problems, irregular heart beat and rhythm, a liver tumour and weight problems.

When being late for my depo shot before in the past, my "period" returned quite quickly and disappeared once I got the shot again. I'm expecting my period to return within the next week or so, however I don't know if I will start ovulating straight away. I was thinking it might be worth getting some cheap OPKs.

I'm scared, frightened but excited. We have recently bought our first home which is being built and will be ready at the end of the year for us to move into. I'm financially stable and know I can support a baby. I have done everything on my bucket list that I wanted to do before having a baby and I'm finally here. I feel anxious about starting this journey but know what ever happens, we can handle it :)

Good luck on your journey, I hope it goes smoothly and that you get a bfp soon :flower:

I couldn't tell from your post, does your gp know you are ttc? because of your health issues it might be worth doing so if you haven't already and they can advice on if you'll need any support.

Hey vaniilla :)

Thanks for commenting. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor but that's a great suggestion. She did advise last time I spoke to her to allow up to 18 months to be able to conceive after the depo shot but I definitely think it may be worth following up with her and getting some further advice.

Weffie

Dear Diary,

Today I am quitting smoking. There's a number of reasons why I need to. But for the longest time, I didn't want to. Until yesterday, when I realised the damage it was doing. I've just moved past my second cancer scare in 5 years. I'm only 24. The only thing that keeps going through my head is what if I'm not so lucky 3rd time around. I want to have kids and watch them grow old. I don't want to be sick or let them down knowing what I've done to myself.
My husband hates it. But he's always put up with it because he loves me. But he shouldn't have to either.
The money doesn't bother me, but the savings would be extremely handy.
I need to believe in myself and remember all the reasons why I'm doing this.

I just figured if I posted it public, I have more reason not to give up.

Love muchly,

Weffie

Hey Welfie :hi: hope you don't mind a new stalker!!

Massive congrats on the decision to stop smoking! It's the best one you'll ever make! My quit date is 21 June so I'm not far behind you! Good luck hunni!! You can do it!!x

Welcome hun! :D

First of all massive congratulations on stopping smoking. I quit ten years ago and it was HARD but worth it. Now I barely think about smoking and I haven't for years. It's the best decision for you given your mentioned health issues.

Did you see your doctor yet about TTC? What did she say?

I would recommend you use a charting software like Fertility Friend to monitor your cycles. You don't have to do anything like temperatures or even OPK's yet if you don't want to, but FF has a TON of material to read on fertility and I have found it to be invaluable. Just click the chart in my siggy, it'll take you to my charts page, but you can get on the main site from there.

Best of luck to you, being a parent is amazing. :)

Hey Welfie :hi: hope you don't mind a new stalker!!

Massive congrats on the decision to stop smoking! It's the best one you'll ever make! My quit date is 21 June so I'm not far behind you! Good luck hunni!! You can do it!!x

I hope your attempt was better than mine! Haha problems with the house and uni set me back =/

Welcome hun! :D

First of all massive congratulations on stopping smoking. I quit ten years ago and it was HARD but worth it. Now I barely think about smoking and I haven't for years. It's the best decision for you given your mentioned health issues.

Did you see your doctor yet about TTC? What did she say?

I would recommend you use a charting software like Fertility Friend to monitor your cycles. You don't have to do anything like temperatures or even OPK's yet if you don't want to, but FF has a TON of material to read on fertility and I have found it to be invaluable. Just click the chart in my siggy, it'll take you to my charts page, but you can get on the main site from there.

Best of luck to you, being a parent is amazing. :)

Thank you ^_^ I feel completely overwhelmed and lost. I've ordered some OPKs but have no experience whatsoever

So frustrated! Every time I was late even a few days for my depo shot, I would get my AF straight away. Now I've gone off completely and my period is 4 weeks late. I know it can take awhile to come back, but it's just typical it starts delaying after we decide to try for a baby.
I've ordered some OPKs to see if I'm ovulating on the off chance. I've been cramping and gassy since my last shot ran out; all the usual AF symptoms. But no AF :(

Huge congrats on quitting smoking! :)

You'll get the hang of opk's in no time, hopefully you won't need them for long!

The AF situation does sound annoying, is there a chance you might already be pregnant?

Huge congrats on quitting smoking! :)

You'll get the hang of opk's in no time, hopefully you won't need them for long!

The AF situation does sound annoying, is there a chance you might already be pregnant?

I don't think so. It would be a very slim chance. But there's some pregnancy tests in the pack I ordered so I guess it wouldn't hurt to take one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->