My last-minute low-budget October 2013 wedding!

It is nice that the vicar was relaxed about it all.

I was a young bride too, nineteen and hubby was twenty-one.

Purple and silver sounds lovely, what shade of purple, deep or bright?

I love seeing other young brides too! I'm 19 (20 in Oct) and hubby is 24 :) we have been together nearly 5 years, our vicar wasn't to shocked really as he christened our Son back in November last year, altho I think he was shocked at the short time frame lol..
How's your planning going? Xx

It is nice that the vicar was relaxed about it all.

I was a young bride too, nineteen and hubby was twenty-one.

Purple and silver sounds lovely, what shade of purple, deep or bright?

Ah awesome, it's nice to know. I do have a couple of friends around my age who are married but most of them aren't even thinking about it yet, let alone becoming engaged!

I'm thinking a deep purple, going to see what's around now! My BHS dresses also arrived at my mums today but I've got to wait until this evening to try them on!! xx

Ah awesome, it's nice to know. I do have a couple of friends around my age who are married but most of them aren't even thinking about it yet, let alone becoming engaged!

I'm thinking a deep purple, going to see what's around now! My BHS dresses also arrived at my mums today but I've got to wait until this evening to try them on!! xx

My friends are just beginning to get engaged, married and have babies now. I am 28 now and it feels odd to think how long ago we did all that.

Deep purple and silver sounds gorgeous. I bet you cant wait to try them on :happydance:

Tried on my dresses and found one I loved- £150 from BHS, reduced from £300 :) So now I just have to decide shoes, accessories and what to do with my hair!

Really happy that bit is over now, outfits wise just need to sort out my 2 flower girls, the groom and the page boy. xx

Fantastic, glad you love it.

Thank-you :)

The flower girl dresses I wanted to buy have gone now though :( Quite gutted but ah well, having difficulty finding any others that are in my price range, that I like and that are suitable for an autumn wedding. A lot of the reduced ones are so summery. xx

I'm also taking my dress to my mums to keep it safe there as I'll be at hers the morning of my wedding. It's really sad whenever my OH is out and Oliver's asleep and I'm bored it's just too tempting not to put the dress on again and just look in the mirror for ages :blush: ! Haha it's a good thing it's going to my mums. xx

Haha what you like! Monsoon have some gorgeous dresses but they're around £50 each which is a bit steep if you've got more than1 to buy xx

I know they aren't exactly what you were looking for but have you seen these? £37 each. https://www.clothingattesco.com/dre...,4,shop,evening-occasion-wear,kids-bridesmaid

Or there are just white dresses that look right for autumn as they have sleeves which are £27 https://www.clothingattesco.com/dre...,4,shop,evening-occasion-wear,kids-bridesmaid

This could make any white fit more in with your theme https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-bridal-sash/p263775?colour=Purple

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Purple-Bel...083&sr=8-11&keywords=girls+bridesmaid+dresses

This one is a little closer to the one you liked on your first page https://www.hellobridal.co.uk/prett...oration-organza-flower-girl-dress-p-2036.html

I love this one and to me it looks more Autumn/winter https://www.hellobridal.co.uk/beaut...ecoration-tulle-flower-girl-dress-p-2869.html

Oh wow thank-you! Ahh the sash is a really good idea, I didn't think to do that. I might just get some plain white ones and buy a couple of sashes then to match my colour theme, can't really go wrong! xx

I thought exactly the same, great idea isn't it?

Good luck! I almost wish we had an small wedding, not that it was huge by any means. Less then 150 people is small here. But the hassle and arguments were hard. And I love the flower girl dresses with the pedals on the bottom

Getting a bit more organised now.. Church is booked, restaurant room is booked, have meeting with our local parish this saturday (as banns have to be read out there too), dress has been bought and I have booked my hairdresser for the morning of my wedding, as well as a week before for a trim and colour. I also just ordered some flower girl dresses from M&S. I'd looked at them before and they're gorgeous but the colours really summery for October.. one has a dusky pink sash, the other has the bottom half coloured in a light greeny colour.. but I just browsed on there again and the dresses are down to £12 and £17 so I've ordered them to see what they're like.

Also my wedding dress went down to £88 so we re-ordered it and sent my one back! May as well to save that money!

So what I need to do now is:

- Choose rings (probably go to town this weekend and do this)
- Order my little mans page-boy outfit and shoes.
- Find a suit to hire for my husband-to-be and buy shoes (probably do this when we get rings)
- Buy other bits and pieces (shoes, accessories etc.) to go with dress.
- Get cardi's/shrugs for flower girl dresses, shoes and accessories.
- Sort out a photographer.. thinking of using a family member or looking around for a student one or something.
- Sort out how I'm getting to the church.. really don't want to spend money on hiring a car but I can't think of anyone with a nice car to take me and my dad :/
- Decide on a hair-style and make-up.
- Decide on a day for Hen party.
- Book honey-moon.

That's it I think. Ahh less than 7 weeks. xx

We had our best man lend us his car, it was a pretty new mercury. Black and very nice. Do any of your friends have nice cars you could borrow?
Good luck I am glad its going well!

Have a look on eBay - that flower girl dress on the first page is the dress my LO wore to my wedding last week! I found it on eBay, brand new, for £10 including p+p!
I was a young bride too, 19 (nearly 20 though!) :D

Also, we used my Uncle's car, it's nothing fancy but it's silver and with some purple ribbon and balloons on it then it looked great! For the bridesmaids we used my Mum's friend's car, which was also silver.

Thanks ladies :)

Ugghh I have had some people on my OH's side kicking off about not being invited, it's a SMALL wedding with CLOSE family only for goodness how can you be offended!! Grrr. We've chosen to ignore it but it puts a downer on things.

On a more positive note my little man has his page-boy suit, £20 from Rocco clothing, and he looks sooo sweet. My heart melted! I also got my flower girls to try on the M&S dresses which were £12 and they fit nicely. They have dusky pink sashes on them that are easily removed so may buy some purple ones instead, not sure.

Still need to sort out the car thing though. I can't have my dad drive me because we're getting married on a Friday and it's market day in my parents town where we're getting married and quite busy (wishing we booked for a Thursday now, nevermind) and it'd be a nightmare to get a space. Can't think of anyone with a nice car though, may just hire a semi-decent car and get a relative to drive it maybe? Ahh need to think it through.

Starting to feel a bit daunted now it's September though.. next month I will be married. I will have a different name to one I've had for over 20 years!! So weird but exciting. xx

Have a look on eBay - that flower girl dress on the first page is the dress my LO wore to my wedding last week! I found it on eBay, brand new, for £10 including p+p!
I was a young bride too, 19 (nearly 20 though!) :D

Getting married young doesn't seem as uncommon as I thought :)

Did anyone have the raised eyebrows and the 'aren't you a little young' comments. I mean 90% of people are really happy and saying 'about time!' to us but there's that minority who want to make our age an issue. But they're the same sort of people who raised their eyebrows about us having our son at our age and us being a little young for that.. and that worked out perfectly and we're so happy, so we don't take notice. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->