My last-minute low-budget October 2013 wedding!

We just bought a suit for little man for a friends christening off roccos clothing and its amazing!!

Just over a week to go!!

Some of the in-laws still aren't best pleased about it being small but we're just trying to put that to one side and not let it stop us from being excited.

Nearly everything is organised now! The only things left to do are choose my wedding shoes (currently watching some pairs on Ebay), choose make-up and practice doing it and choose rings. Money is quite tight from paying for the day and the honeymoon so we are probably just going to buy some cheap rings from Argos or something and then can replace them in the future with expensive ones if we want to.

We have also booked our honeymoon at a hotel in London for 3 nights whilst my parents have our little boy. It's going to be weird leaving him for a weekend but he loves my parents so much and will definitely be really happy about it. Ahh can't believe next week on Friday we will be sitting on train as newlyweds!! So excited!! xx

Been nosey on your post. Me and oh want y
To get married next year but on a very tight budget so looking for ideas! Bet you can't wait. I'm also "young" at 21 In 2 weeks x

Thanks guys :) It went really well, was over so fast though!! We were married at 1pm, had a lunchtime buffet (food was lovely) and then was on the train to London for our honeymoon by 7pm. I was exhausted, I have no idea how people have weddings with receptions going on until midnight!

I'll post some pics in the pic section soon. We budgeted £1500 for the whole thing but it ended up being around £1800ish from what I have written down, since I decided I wanted a cake etc. after all so we didn't go too over-budget which I was pleased about. So happy to be a mrs!!! xx :)

Been nosey on your post. Me and oh want y
To get married next year but on a very tight budget so looking for ideas! Bet you can't wait. I'm also "young" at 21 In 2 weeks x

Ah congrats! There are a lot of ways you can save money, it depends really whether you want a big or small wedding but you can make savings either way. We decided to just have close family (parents, grandparents, siblings (and their partners and kids) and a couple of friends, basically no aunties uncles and cousins since we have loads between us!) and had 27 adults and 6 children including ourselves there. We had a church ceremony and a lunchtime buffet in a private dining area upstairs at a restaurant opposite. The room was gorgeous with a bar and other comfy seating away from the tables and chairs and music playing. The buffet was put out and everyone was just up, having drinks and mingling it was a really nice atmosphere! it's worth ringing around to see what places do private events/dining for small groups. It's just about thinking outside the box really!

If anyone is interested the cost breakdown was something like this:

Church: 550 (i think it's usually 450 but we had organs playing which was an extra 100 I think)
Lunchtime buffet (including use of function room, buffet for 32 and 1 alcoholic drink per guest): 700
My wedding dress, accessories and shoes: 100 (dress was around 80 from BHS in the sale, shoes were twenty pounds, I borrowed jewellery from my grandma and mum, my hairdresser did my hair for free as a wedding gift and used tights/underwear/makeup I already owned :)
Page-boy suit and shoes: 30 (both from rocco clothing)
Flower girls dresses, shoes and accessories: 100 (dresses were £12 each in the m and s sale, shoes were full-price from monsoon)
Groom suit and waistcoat and tie: 130 (used shoes and shirt he already had)
Flowers: Free as my auntie is a florist :)
Cake: 100
Photographer: Free, we just relied on our family and friends to get good ones, luckily a couple have good cameras and got some stunning shots
Rings: 70 (we got inexpensive ones that we will possibly replace in the future)

As far as weddings go it wasn't a lot but still felt like quite a lot of money to spend, I had the best day ever though! xx

Congrats lady!! I can't wait to see pictures and I am glad your day went splendidly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->