My Little Greek Wedding Sep 2013

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
Finally a place for my ramblings and random ideas to be kept under wraps. My OH is being driven insane listening to me say ''oh babe, look at this colour... look at this dress''. He's a man. Does not care.

So I'm Natasha (21) and my OH is Craig (20). We have two little girls, Summer (3 in May) and Maci (1 in Febuary). We got engaged on my 21st birthday last August. He proposed by painting one of Summer's tshirts with the words ''Marry My Daddy'', put it on her and surprised me. Was beautiful. Then he gave me Lady Gaga tickets so that sealed the deal. In June we'll have been together four years. So that's the relationship specs explained :thumbup:

We were originally wanting to wait until 2014 to wed abroad. We are estranged from his family, they are trouble makers so he didn't feel comfortable getting wed here and for his own peace of mind we have chosen to go abroad.

My nana is 87 ish and feels this year is her last chance at going abroad, she's getting old(er) and tbh when the winter hits isn't in the best of health so we're not even sure she'll make it through next winter. I need my nana to be there as she means the world to me and I'm the only grandchild she'll be likely to see getting married. These are our reasons for it being next year. Before christmas we'd decided to chance it and leave it till 2014 for financial reasons but I'm not 100% comfortable with that decision so it's all go for this September.

Booking up by the end of next week but going to the travel agents tomorrow I think to talk through room availability etc, there are roughly 21 of us going, all family.

We are going here (unless things change again) :

https://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Faliraki/Hotel-Sun-Palace-013885

and our ceremony will be here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...A&biw=1024&bih=499&sei=MQ3vUMqyE8jZ0QWEjoCQCA

Hope that links work :haha: Pictures don't do it justice, it's beautiful.

Congratulations on deciding when to get married!
The place where the ceremony will be is gorgeous, it looks so so beautiful!

Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you, just need to get finally booked at then I can relax a bit.

So far me and OH have priced up the extras I'd like for the wedding day. My parents are paying for the standard package which includes everything here :

https://firstchoice.inbro.net/seein...4:-November-Edition/Greece/Rhodes/pages_72-73

On top of that our extras are photographer, 50 photos ( although for an extra 50 euros we can choose 100 photos so still debating that one), my hair trial, hair and make up on the day and the hair of my two bridesmaids which are my two young sisters, my bridal car and our marriage certificate translations. All my extras come to about 1000 euros which isn't too bad I don't think!

My sisters are 12 and 14 and will be my bridesmaids but by god they are already driving me insane about dresses. They are so so so picky and have such different tastes, although the both like this style of dress.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33085078...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

As for Summer and Maci Im not sure what kind of dress I'd like. I was originally thinking little white flower girl dresses but with the heat etc I don't want them to be overheating and flustered in a fussy dress so I am think maybe just nice colourful summer dresses. I think that would look nice with the contrast of my white dress. Just got to wait for bright summer dresses to hit the shops now.

Call me insane (and maybe stupid) but last night browsing I seen this dress on ebay for myself.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27111089...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And I've just bought it. For £50. I kept going back to it last night, thinking about how nice it was, and practical for the heat. Not sure what the style, fit and quality will be like but for £50 I'm not overly fussed, if I don't like it it's not a massive deal to shop about again for something I like better. On page, I love it.

I've got a bridal appointment at a shop next Sunday afternoon if I can get off early from work which I think I'll go to just to try things on and for a browse of accessories etc.

So that's the dress thoughts covered for now.

Some hair styles I like :

https://www.lovehair.co.uk/wedding-hair-gallery/half-up-half-down-with-curls/6569472

https://www.lovehair.co.uk/wedding-hair-gallery/half-up-half-down-with-curls/6569473

My hair is dark and hoping to just get trims between now and September to allow time to grow to a good length. Will pop any more hair links on this post to keep track!

Im a little bit jealous, that bay looks amazing.

Love the dress and what an absolute bargain, I hope it's as nice as it looks in the pictures :)
Your hair ideas look nice too!!

This all looks beautiful. Not long to go either :happydance:

Thank you!

So the dress from China arrived yesterday, about 12 days after I first purchased, brilliant service. And the dress is stunning! Pity I gotta lose some lbs to do the zip up but that was the idea behind getting it in a size ten!

Not much else to report really, getting a bit frustrated with wanting to book when everyone else has a lot going on, but my mum and aunt were saying they want to go to the travel agents on Friday for final prices and will hopefully be booking up by the end of next week. Just hate the uncertainty atm.

Spending my evenings browsing for nice dresses for Summer and Maci to wear that fit for the weather etc.

Wow that was quick, glad you like it :)

I hope you can get it booked soon, will be a weight off your shoulders I bet when it is!

Do you know what your want for the girls ?

That was quick! Glad you like your dress, i have heard different things about dresses from china but most have been positive.

That was quick! Glad you like your dress, i have heard different things about dresses from china but most have been positive.

I was a little sceptical but for £46 I wasn't too fussed if it was crap, nothing ventured nothing gained I guess :) Just gotta lost some weight so I can try it on properly !

Lauren I'm thinking nice thin summery dresses. I did originally plan for your 'traditional' dress that flower girls or whatever would wear but I think for the climate I'm more warming towards nice summery dresses. Preferably white with fushia pink somewhere on them. It's just a case of watching out for shops summer ranges coming into stores, I can't find much online atm.

I keep seeing pretty shoes online but they all seem to come with 10cm heels. What the hell! I don't ever wear heels and am shocking at walking in them but I need to find a pair I love, buy them, and learn to walk in them. Don't really fancy heels for the heat it will be but I'd feel a bit weird in flats. My shoes also have to have straps across them, for my own safety haha!

Right now I love these :

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wc...umb=Home~Women~Shoes+&amp;+boots~Bridal+shoes

Yea I don't blame you for going for something a bit thinner, at least then they'll be more comfortable and won't be getting upset for being too hot!

Those shoes are soooooo nice! As much as I love all the heels I never wear them and can't walk in them either so I'm wearing glittery toms :) you could always go for a flat flip flop/sandal with getting married abroad, you can get bridal ones I'm sure I've seen them!

Have you thought about buying a "cheep" pair and decorating them yourself?

*new stalker* !!

Love all your ideas so far I'm super jealous! Me and my oh have been together 6 years, got engaged September and I would just love a greek wedding!! We love greece and have always holidayed there but our favourite island has been Corfu. You seem to be really organised! Unfortunately we aren't in a position to spend on a wedding yet but I'm looking forward to hearing more about yours :D x

Yea I don't blame you for going for something a bit thinner, at least then they'll be more comfortable and won't be getting upset for being too hot!

Those shoes are soooooo nice! As much as I love all the heels I never wear them and can't walk in them either so I'm wearing glittery toms :) you could always go for a flat flip flop/sandal with getting married abroad, you can get bridal ones I'm sure I've seen them!

I'm really short so I think if I could walk in them I'd feel more confident in myself, not sure if that makes much sense ? I think I'm gonna order these in the next two weeks, gives me plenty of practising time for September.

Lozzy I wouldn't know where to start with customising so that's a no go. Painting with Summer is about as creative I can be haha!

So last night I took the dress over to my mums, and IT FITS!!!! Zips and laces right up.still want to lose the weight I planned too though, more so because come September ill be in a bikini in front of 20 odd family members! I showed my mum and sisters and they all said it looked beautiful. Very happy with it :)

Still waiting on any Info for booking although I'm giving a final booking date of February 15th. Absolutely want it booked by then!

*new stalker* !!

Love all your ideas so far I'm super jealous! Me and my oh have been together 6 years, got engaged September and I would just love a greek wedding!! We love greece and have always holidayed there but our favourite island has been Corfu. You seem to be really organised! Unfortunately we aren't in a position to spend on a wedding yet but I'm looking forward to hearing more about yours :D x

Hey, I've never been to Greece although my mum and sisters took Summer there last June and summer still goes on about it even now, everyday she will ask to go back . Looks so beautiful though. We looked at Corfu, aqualand village and sidari town hall, it's still out second choice if needs be :)

When do you plan to get married?

Ah bless she must have had a great time! Where did they take her? We went to sidearm in Corfu! Saw the town hall it was very pretty! Sidearm itself is a really great family place. Really caters for kids and adults so not too rowdy but not boring :thumbup: we are hoping 2015 which just seems ageeeeeess away :nope: xx

Keep an eye in debenhams for summer dresses, got some lovely ones last summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->