My Little Greek Wedding Sep 2013

So glad your dress fits!

Next also usually do some nice dresses for LOs in the summer which are nice and light weight!

Glad you've sorted a final booking date too, not long to go :)

Thanks all

They took her to Rhodes, stayed in Kiotari and loved it. They went on a day trip, seen Paul's bay and my mum told me how beautiful it was, not realising I'd already seen it online and fallen in love way before she mentioned it!

Thanks for the dress suggestions, BHS have also been suggested so will watch and see what comes out in the next couple of months.

So my mum and aunt went to first choice yesterday. Had to change the dates to Sat 14th Sep as we couldn't all get on the 11th flight. Price was originally £22000 for all 20 of us and my mum talked it down to £15000 so far. Amazing. Hoping to book on Saturday, so excited!

Yea I don't think you'll struggle to find nice summer dresses for them once the summer clothes come in the shops!

Wow that's a fab saving, bet your dead happy with that :) how exciting about booking it up too :happydance:

That's a fab saving! And also a scary amount of money!! It will feel amazing once you have it booked :happydance:

We are now BOOKED! So excited! First £200 paid off today. We fly out on Sep 14th, have requested the 23rd,24th or 26th as wedding dates, although we will not hear back until April as that is when wedding co ordinators go back to resorts, sort through bookings etc. From there, my wedding co ordinator will be in constant email contact with me, getting a feel for what I want etc. So exciting!

We are thinking that instead of a massive party when we come back me and OH might go away for a few days in the new year, maybe around March time. We had a 4 day break to Liverpool in June and loved it so would really love to go back. Neither of us are big drinkers and hate being the center of attention so none of us are massively fussed about a party.

No more wedding purchases this week. Don't get paid until Friday :) Hoping to get my shoes,girls dresses, sisters dress and an underskirt for my dress in the next couple of weeks!

Exciting, does it feel more real now?

Yeah it really does, I have something solid to look forward to now. Just gotta pay it off, lose some weight and stop biting my nails. On day two of no biting but god it's hard!

How are you doing Tasha?

I feel so out of the loop with wedding stuff. People say ''what flowers you having?'' or ''Have you got a colour scheme?'' and I'm just like ''ummm no''. I'm so not a wedding person, I have no real interest in flowers and although in general I am such a fussy person, I'm obviously just not going to be a fussy wedding planner.

My best mate asked me what I wanted to do for a hen do and I replied ''Wasn't really fussed about having a hen do...''. I'm not a proper bride honestly haha!

Really need to get my arse into gear and get organised.

So on Monday we got our final wedding date : September 26th 2013. I suddenly feel very very nervous and I'm not sure why. Currently putting it down to being so unorganised. I've seen some dresses I like for Summer and Maci :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130327_102840_zps3c2bd042.jpg

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130327_1025280-1_zps9d34b136.jpg

They are from BHS but they only stock them in size 2 - 10 years so need to try an age 2 on Maci before I can make any final decisions on them. They are nice and floaty which is what I need for the heat in Greece.

Onto my dress. My best mates MIL is going to do some alterations on it for me. This is it now :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130410_134757_zpsdf98c83e.jpg

I'm not overly keen on the flower shaped sequins so I'm getting them picked off and some beading on instead. Also I feel there's a little too much material hanging at the front so want it altered like this :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130410_134842_zpsbed8d6fd.jpg

I finally have a to do list which I'm about to start working through. Eventually!

Oh I love your dress, you look stunning. And I love the girls dresses too, ideal for the heat of Greece x

Love this dress for Summer and Maci, perfect for the hot weather!

Your dress is beautiful too :)

Urgh there's been so much uncertainty recently that I've put off doing anything but I really ought to get organised. We found out my nana has breast cancer a few weeks back so I've not really been thinking about getting organised etc. Found out today for definite that they are certain they can shrink it with tablets so feeling much more happy with everything. She's 83 ( I thought she was 87 until last week haha) and I was so worried that she just would not be able to cope with chemo etc so it's a massive weight lifted and all things considered, everyone's thrilled.

Soooo... Currently I'm fed up of getting raised eyebrows and moans from people. I cannot do right for doing wrong atm. People tell me I need to make decisions, so I do, then people have something negative to say about it which puts me off again.

My shoes? I want these, they're the only ones I've seen and loved :

https://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...ryId=471109&pageSize=40&refinements=category~[471581|471151]&noOfRefinements=1

Now I know my dress is white and these are ivory but 1) Nobody will see them 2) They'll be on my feet for only a couple of hours and 3) They're the only ones I love.

My flowers : I LOVE lillies, in fact they're about the only flower than I love and mean something to me as OH buys me them often. I was settled on a bouquet of lillies but my mum and nana came back to me and says they're known as the flower for death and it's a bit morbid. Eurgh honestly, why am I the one to pick weird things?! I'll more than likely still get them but their comments are making me doubt myself, although they are trying to help.

Me and OH went to look at wedding rings last week. Typically I think weddings rings are generally not nice looking, I hate the plain banding etc. So anyways, we seen these beautiful matching ones in H Samuels. Two lovely rings and cleverly, they join them together and engrave them with our wedding date, initials and a heart. When you put the two rings together the heart is completed. Hard to explain without sounding silly haha! So they cost £399 for the pair which I think is reasonable. Hoping to buy them in June as we still have £1050 to pay towards the holiday in May.

Oh yeah , and my sister decided she apparently no longer likes the colour of her dress. Although she picked it. And she didn't tell me or my mum this, she told my nana and auntie. Not sure if she's serious of was having a pissy day. This is her in her dress when we got it :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130117_160728_zps649885b4.jpg

Just got to get things done!

My ideal dress for Summer and Maci would be white, not too layered or thick with some kind of magenta pink banding or flowers or something on it to tie in with my two sister's dresses. Any ideas? Cannot find what I am looking for at all.

Ohh how scary about your Nan but great news they think they can shrink it, fingers crossed!

No matter what you say or do someone will have something to say about it, I found it easier not to say anything to those people so then I couldn't hear all the negativity!

Love your sisters dress, have you asked her about it ?

Yeah I don't tell people my plans either! I love your sisters dress! I would just ask her xx

WOW. I'm so shit at updating and I get married in 27 days! We leave for Greece in fifteen days!

So I got another dress... reduced from £975 to £450 :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/d1_zps6e314479.jpg

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/d2_zps20a28b8a.jpg

My mini princesses dresses arrived on Wednesday :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/20130828_155701_zps5c1aff6b.jpg

Slight issue though... they were meant to be ivory and are white and I paid £22 for headbands and tacky flower clips turned up. Messaged the lady on FB so awaiting a reply.

Kilts for all the men are organised to be picked up two days before we fly. We are due to pick up our personalised wedding rings the day before we fly which is pushing it slightly time wise!

We've now arranged a venue for our wedding reception, and I am off to pay that later on today. Posted on a local FB selling site looking for a umbrella style pushchair for Summer for the evenings and a lady offered me one for free so off to pick that up this afternoon too.

Cannot believe the time is coming in so quickly, but there has been a good load of hidden costs that come with getting married abroad... it's so not as cheap as you would think!

Oh wow you look absolutely stunning hun. DH2B is going to be totally blown away on your wedding day.

Hope the little glitches get sorted.

Cant believe it is so soon, and in two days you will be able to say I get married *this* month. Exciting.

Oh yeah... I'm also trying to come up with an idea for OH for a wedding day present kind of thing. Nothing big though and money's tight with it being so close.

I was thinking maybe a scrapbook type thing with photos of us throughout or relationship and little love notes and lyrics from our favourite songs... would that be tacky?

Oh wow you look absolutely stunning hun. DH2B is going to be totally blown away on your wedding day.

Hope the little glitches get sorted.

Cant believe it is so soon, and in two days you will be able to say I get married *this* month. Exciting.

That's crazy! I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by the thought of being a 'wife'. I think I'm over thinking it though. We already live like man and wife, have joint accounts etc. I keep thinking ''I'm only 22'' and I have a feeling I'll still refer to OH as ''my boyfriend'' rather than ''my husband''. I've never even referred to him as my fiance before. I'm such a twat.

No that isn't tacky at all. It is sweet and will mean a lot to him.

Bless you feeling overwhelmed :hugs: You will be saying husband, there is something really special about it :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->