My little model!

Chel

Reaction score
Jasper had a professional photo shoot today and he loved it, it was great fun. It was pretty expensive - I got hooked on the offer of one free photo that'd 10by13 inch, which is massive and gorgeous! The free one had to be the first photo taken, which was the best one cos he was the most excited!

BUT then she took a whole bunch more photos and I kept thinking 'your only taking the free one, take the free one and run, DONT BUY MORE'

Errr..... $240 later.... I have ordered heaps of amazing photos of Jasper :blush::dohh: I'm just not telling daddy :blush:

She made up this spread of three little photos put over a big photo of Jasper and me together, which is so beautiful, I really wanted it, but it was too expensive and it wouldn't have looked right as a smaller print out.... BUT i migt be able to get it anyway!!! The photographer wants to use it in their advertising, they'll make up a massive print for their store front and when they're done with the print I get to keep it - however, I'l have to wait until they're done with it and they change their store photos every couple of years... BUT thats fine, When Jasper is 2 and a half I'll get his lovely picture of him as a little baby, so it'll be a lovely gift for later on - and whats two years when I'm going to keep it forever!

I have to wait until I pay off the $240 before I get the photos, as they're on laybuy :( BUT as soon as I get them I'll scan them and post them!!!

What a wonderful keepsake the portraits will be! :hugs:

I really need to get my equipment out and do some more portraits of Alyssa; she's growing so fast!

What a wonderful keepsake the portraits will be! :hugs:

I really need to get my equipment out and do some more portraits of Alyssa; she's growing so fast!

I wish now that I had a quality camera. Our camera is pretty great, like its a 12megapixel camera and it most shots look great because its great point and click camera, you know?

But, I'd love to get a proper studio camera, as the problem with ours is its a digital camera that takes about 2 seconds from when you press down to when the shot is taken - and 2 seconds with baby means a lot... 2 seconds is a difference between a gorgeous smile and an awkward frown!

Any recommendations? I'd love a digital SLR or something like that, but I have no clue. I still want to be able to point and click, I would just love a higher quality picture.

Best advice when choosing a camera is making sure it feels comfortable in your hands. If the layout of buttons and menus feels comfy and intuitive, you'll be able to react more quickly and hopefully capture those wonderful baby expressions.

There are a lot of great cameras out there, including compact cameras as well as DSLRs. I know a friend of mine just bought a Canon G10 compact, and it's superb. Look at a price budget, and check out compacts and DSLRs in that price range (remembering to factor in the cost of any additional lenses you may want in the case of a DSLR). Then head to a local camera store to see how they feel to you. DPReview https://www.dpreview.com/ is a good site for doing side-by-side comparisons of camera specs, as well as for reading reviews.

I don't know which camera you have though, or how you have it set up to take your photos. Also, I've perhaps wrongly assumed that you are quite new to photography, in which case please forgive me. It may well be that your camera can capture exactly the photos you have in mind, but simply that the settings can be tweaked to help you get the images you want. The best photographic advice I can give when it comes to photographing babies and children is to get down to their level and to take a LOT of shots :)
Anything I can maybe help with, please feel free to PM me :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"