my MILs latest gem

tina426

Reaction score
While a generally nice, although high maintenance, woman my mother in law has been particularly obnoxious throughout my pregnancy.

For those of you who've been along for the ride, you've heard them...but to bring everyone up to speed her previous pearls have included:

You're not really pregnant until 20 weeks...
Pregnancy really isn't uncomfortable its all exaggerated...
Your body really doesn't change until the 3rd trimester....
Labor is really very short and painless, that 14 hour average and women groaning is just silly...

And the latest....

The newborns crying thru the night thing is really just a myth, that doesn't happen...
(Her response to dh explaining that her, FIL, and SIL planning to stay with us for 9 days is not going to happen)

I'm just eye rolling while bouncing on my damn yoga ball waiting for this kid to get here. (9 days til we have induction scheduling conversation!)

Oh how awful! I'm so sorry you have to endure that BS.. It sounds like she was never pregnant herself... I hope for your sake she doesn't weasel her way into staying after baby is born!

Wow, I have a sister who has said some scrappy things but not like that. I have only invited my mil to stay with us after the baby is here. But she has always been really sweet and supportive to me. I'm proud of you for saying no to that long of a visit. My own mom said that she would just pack a bag and plan on staying at my house until she felt like I can handle my baby on my own.

She sounds batty to me! Your husband must have been a super easy pregnancy, a quick and easy birth for her and a totally laid back baby! Or, she's forgotten how it can really be!

She sounds so frustrating! She must have a very short memory!!

Apparently she only wants to remember the good!! Good luck with her! :haha:

Even if she has a horrible memory, not every pregnancy is the same, not every woman is the same and it's terrible for her to be so condescending to you. Acting as if whatever it is you might be feeling or whatever wishes you might have are not important.

I see it as a lack of respect, and even if newborns don't cry all night or even if they were to sleep through right away, it is a precious time. And it's only human to understand that a woman would want some time just for herself after having giving birth. And if she cannot understand that then she at the bare minimum needs to respect it and keep her mouth shut. I am scared of how she will be once the baby comes, I'd nip her attitude now.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, we visited my in laws for thanksgiving, and I was due in January. The whole time she proceeded to tell me never ending pregnancy horror stories that she had heard (babies not making it, not getting to the hospital in time etc) to the point where I was in tears. I asked her nicely not to tell me anything else, that I was nervous enough as it was. She kept doing it, so I pulled my husband aside and said "If you don't tell her to stop, I will again and I promise I won't be as nice as I was before". That was the end of her stories.

Lol yes, thank you ladies! Poor dh tries to be understanding, but understandably he tries to make excuses for her and i just want to smack him...they are officially coming....for 3 days, about 4 weeks after my due date...which I'm much more ok with.

Now if baby will just get here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"