My mirena is coming out tomorrow and I am...

LankyDoodle

Reaction score
SCARED!

I managed to get the Dr to agree to take it out tomorrow afternoon. I think her concern was more about my age/position.

So 320pm tomorrow it is coming out. I know it is going to make certain symptoms (such as loss of libido) go away. I also know that effectively, once that is whipped out, unless we use condoms then we are TTC, but I can't get my head round that. I have my ticker set for mid April, but if we are not using contraception..... I think we are hoping for a happy accident, but my fertility may not be that great anyway iyswim.

I am scared because I am overweight. I gained weight when I was suffering from mental illness a few years ago. I have lost 3 stone and this week have lost another three pounds. My plan is to continue losing weight until I am actually pregnant and then to just be sensible. We have just come to the conclusion that no time is going to be the right time as something else always comes up.

I am going to get a couple of sharers to help with time and money with the horses, and am going back into nannying (interview tomorrow). There's nothing to say that having children will stop me enjoying my horses as we have very willing parents/my brother who will babysit. We've done a budget and worked out our finances, and we have also decided that when we decorate the house (in the middle of building atm) we will do one of the rooms as a nursery ready.

It could take me years to conceive, but I figure it is best to find out now when I am a few months from being 26, than to wait until I am 40 to find out (which is what could happen if we keep waiting for the 'right time').

Soooo, I am now torn over whether to change my ticker and move over to TTC or to keep the ticker as is and stick here until April as planned.

I also want to thank everyone who gave words of advice and encouragement on my 'Feel Down' thread the other day. It meant a lot and really helped to chat to people who knew what I was mithering about!

:hug:

oh congrats hun and if u feel u should move to TTC then u go girl....lol
i had mirena coil fitted 3 weeks ago after a D and C procedure to remove my bean as it did not make it and was fitted with coil to wait 6 months to try again but i have still been temping and charting and even after all i have been through these last couple of week i still ovulated on cd18 so i have every confidence ur ovulation will be back to normal soon as coil is removed hun, they say it doesnt normally stop ovulation and in my case thats right, do u chart hun or are u going to start chrarting??? good luck x x x x

I haven't been charting, no. I think I might when I have the coil out, and get some OPKs, just for curisoity sake really.

I think I do ovulate - I get the sore boobs for about a week and then another week later I get AF. I get the change in mucus and I get all randy lol. I would like to chart as I know my periods will go up the spout at first. It will take a while to get pregnant anyway as AF is due in the next week or so and I have just missed ov.

My only worry is that I get some stray hairs around my chin and with being overweight it concerns me that I might have PCOS, especially as my mum had a polyp removed about a year ago, from her uterus, so things like that run in the family. I have been tested for it before and didn't have it, and the mirena can apparently cause excess hair, high BP, increased appetite/weight, stomach and back cramps, irregular bleeding, loss of libido etc etc. Most of which I have had!

Good luck, hun. The mirena doesn't affect fertility but it emits a synthetic hormone called progestin which will take some time to leave your system afterwards. If you feel ready to try again, and your PH agrees, I would seriously chat to your GP. He may be able to explain the whys and what fors and you may be able to reach a more suitable agreement where you don't have to wait as long.

thanks hun some good advice, havent had many symptoms from the mirena just yet apart from sore nipples some days and aching breats also, i was told to expect irregular spotting or bleeding for first 3 months which i have had but also the m/c can lead to this so not sure if it actually the mirena or not....lol
think i may have a talk with doc when i have my routine 6 week check on the coil and see if she thinks 3 months waiting is ok rather than 6 as i would love to only wait 3 months from now that would mean i can TTC in june OMG june fingers crossed x x x and good luck hun hope u catch right away x x x x

Congrats hun, bet your so excited! lol
Well if you TTC but unsure maybe you can be 'not trying, not preventing' lol
you will have to keep us posted! xx

oh and also hun i used opks to get pregnant last time and they worked brilliantly for me, i got them from amazon there supplied by home health uk brilliant company and was delivered in 2 days from order i paid about £9 for 50 tests but u can mix and match so i got 45 opk and 5 hpts for same price, just thought id let u know if ur thinking of getting them good luck hun again xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->