My name is Fairypop and I'm a Playmobil Addict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairypop

Mummy to a lil' goblin
Reaction score
This will sound really stupid but I actually think I have a problem!! I can't stop buying playmobil. I think I really want it for myself lol. I have this thing about **needing** to get everything in a set of something, like ranges of things in general and my playmobil purchases are really getting out of hand. I just can't resist it when it's on offer.... My hubbie is reaching the point of despair as where we are going to put it all I have no idea. He already has more from last christmas...

Haven't decided which for LO's birthday and christmas yet, but have this stashed:

Surburban House
Nursery
Hotel
Fire station
Fire engine with ladder
Police car x 2 (as they were cheap I though he needed two?!?!)
Police car and speedboat
Pirate ship
Small pirate boats and a range of little pirate sets
Mountains x 2 (decided you couldn't have a mountain range with only one mountain wtf!!)
Alpine lodge
Alpine animal sets
Mountaineering family
Horse stables
Horse care set
Camping set
Swimming pool
Playground set
Police helicopter
Random set of animals from tk maxx
Dragon fortress
Large dragon superset
Cargo set
Cargo train
Egyptian pyramid
Lots of little sets
Farm shop
Native American set

Edit 17/8 ooops more has appeared

Cargo loader
Cargo lorry
Pirate island
Cowboy fort

OMG Now I've written it down...this looks even worse....:nope::blush:

I think playmobil is brilliant! And it spans a lot of ages too. When we get the box out we have an 8, 6 and 4 year old playing (as well as a 45 year old LMAO) I'm getting ds4 some of the playmobil 123 for his birthday/christmas. DS3 will also be having more. He had some last Christmas and for his 3rd birthday too (he has always played with toys older than the recommended age, just from having 2 older brothers close in age)

I did this last year though not to that extent my oldest got about 3 sets for his birthday and 4 for Xmas

They now sit in a box on top of the wardrobe because both me and LO absolutely HATE the stuff

I think it's because my LO is still a bit little for it tho because I had to keep setting it all up for him and then he would get frustrated when bits kept falling apart.

I think he will be about 6 before he gets interested in it Al tbh

Think it would be fantastic for older kids but my son is an out door climby kid and does not have the patients for play Mobil lol

I think it does depend on the kid. My 2nd could never have sat still and played with it when he was 2/3/4 years old. But ds3 is all about the little figures. Lego, doesn't care about the bricks he just wants the people, he has tons of wrestlers and imaginext.

I also love playmobil! My mums over and we don't see her often so she's just brought LO the playmobil pool! Can't wait to get home and rip it open! X

I'm so jealous! I've bought a couple of the 123 sets for
LO but he's a bit too young for the proper stuff. I recently went to France and they had a Playmobil shop nearby. You'd have been in heaven!

The camping set is amazing! The little shower blocks and the washing up areas! Love the Native American set too. Oh man! I can see me being like you are in a couple of years time!!

Playmobil is my absolute favourite! Loved it as a kid and love it now. LO has all my old stuff, and we've Ebay sourced a plane (last Christmas), a tractor and trailer (birthday) and a garbage van and tow truck (this Christmas). My mum has gone and bought him a boat and campervan too for Christmas :dohh:. He adores it and has the patience to play well with it which is lovely, plus it last for quite a while- I still played with mine at 11. Honestly though I do think you have a bit too much, sorry :blush: Perhaps put some away for next year and the year after? The wonderful thing about Playmobil is that you have a while before they outgrow it?

I feel like DD is missing out now lol she has absolutely no playmobil.

Which sets would people recc for a 3 year old?

What is she in to? My LO loves all the transport themed ones but when I was small my favourites were the hospital and the swimming pool/play area ones.

I know, that's my problem. I always do this. One year it was Happyland, then last year it was duplo, I get fixated on one thing and then all his presents are too 'samey'.

I think like you say may be best to save some themes for next year, maybe the Eygptian and the American Indian set and maybe even the pirates. Give him all the emergency vehicles and house like stuff...work out which could be aimed at older ones....

Ps

We're going to Playmobil world park next year in Paris! LOL!!! I will have to only take a small amount of money. I also joined the Collector's club last week - as it gets you free entry into the park and is a tenner for the year...and they sent me a baseball cap with Playmobil Collector's club embroidered on...now I maybe sad but I won't be wearing that!!!!

x

I love playmobil too but Colin hasn't seemed interested in it :/

What is she in to? My LO loves all the transport themed ones but when I was small my favourites were the hospital and the swimming pool/play area ones.

Sorry hon I meant more would I better with normal playmobil or the 123 range? My DD just loves role play in general so I think she would enjoy any set.

My dd got the 123 bus and zoo last year but much prefers the freedom of movement/range of accessories with the normal range

We had the 123 range which was good for us till 3 as it says really, we had the normal range from 3 and it's been fine. We took away some smaller parts but he would be fine with them. I think it has developed his fine motor skills.

I don't like the 123 range. Normal one is fine for little ones if they aren't the type to put things in their mouths.

Im buying roman the dino sets this year (current obsession). I got 2 half price in boots and used points to pay :)!

I've been looking at the school for madam's birthday, (the midrange one, it's bout £59 on amazon) not sure though. Does anyone have it?

My LO is playmobil mad, he had a catalogue delivered this morning actually, and has been following me around talking about it non stop!

We always pick a "theme" and get that, for Last xmas he got all the rescue stuff, so the police station and fire station and all the bits that go with it like the cars and helicopters, for his birthday in june we finished it off, with the remote control police car and boat.

For christmas he is getting the knights stuff, I have stashed two of the castles away so far, also getting to get the viking bits to mix in with it. Need the dragons aswell lol

I REALLY REALLY want the big mansion and the school house and the shopping mall but my son has other ideas haha.

I've been looking at the school for madam's birthday, (the midrange one, it's bout £59 on amazon) not sure though. Does anyone have it?

I have literally just brought this off Amazon for xmas!
I showed LO both the hotel and the school and asked which one he would prefer and he chose the school. I've also purchased the playground and zebra crossing. im going for a theme for each playmobil too.
He's obsessed at the moment its fantastic xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back