My New Favourite Carrier!!!!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
It's called a manduca! OMG I love this!
I may have to just sell/give away my other 3 - this is the comfiest one yet! I went to try on an ergo, but came out with this instead! :thumbup:
My babyhawk will be collecting dust now for sure!

xx

I was intrigued and googled...

https://www.manduca-baby-carrier.eu/

:thumbup:

It's very similar to an ergo, but some of the features are a little better. Plus I find it way more comfy and lighter!
I will post a pic tomorrow!

xx

oh i like the look of that! am trying to find something my OH will wear as I hate him wearing the bjorn and he wants 'buckles and clips' rather then lots of material to wrap and knot...
hmmmmm...

how much in ££ and does it have a head bit if they want to sleep?

oh i like the look of that! am trying to find something my OH will wear as I hate him wearing the bjorn and he wants 'buckles and clips' rather then lots of material to wrap and knot...
hmmmmm...

Me too, almost word for word.

Here's that pic I promised! I wore it today for 2h and it was really comfy - for the first time I had no pain at all between the shoulders or neck! :thumbup:
Kota - it does have a head support - everything is integrated.

I posted a review under the carriers review thread - here it is copy/pasted:

Make: Manduca

Url: https://www.manduca-baby-carrier.eu/

Type: Buckled mei tai (soft structured)

Positives:

Extremely comfortable - especially for prolonged wearing
Light overall and material less heavy than some others making it cooler to wear
Weight distributed really well on hips - absolutely no pulling on the shoulders or back discomfort
Padded straps and buckles make it easy to get on/off
All straps have clips so they aren't hanging everywhere
Integrated hood
Integrated pocket for carrying stuff like keys/wallet
Integrated infant pouch
Back of carrier can be elongated for larger baby/toddler
Good up to 44lbs

Negatives:

The only negative is the price, but it is worth it to save my back!

Marks out of 10:

10 Absolutely for sure!!!

Note: I also have a moby, peanutshell, and babyhawk - this is the carrier I should have bought right away. The peanutshell was good when LO was tiny, and I will occasionally use a hip carry with him, but he essentially outgrew it. The moby was always too fussy for me and hard to just take on/off or switch positions in a pinch. The babyhawk was good, but as he got bigger prolonged wearing would hurt my shoulders/neck and the ties would loosen. For me, this solved all problems - and OH can wear it easily too!!

xx

How is it different than an Ergo? I have an Ergo and love it...looks almost identical to this Manduca.

How is it different than an Ergo? I have an Ergo and love it...looks almost identical to this Manduca.

I don't really know how it is different - I tried an ergo, and I liked this better - I found it more comfortable and I liked how it could easily be adjusted for a tiny infant or toddler, and how well it could be adjusted for OH, who is very tall.

Here is a link that compares the two!

https://extraordinarybabyshoppe.blogspot.com/2009/08/product-comparison-ergo-vs-manduca.html

Thanks for the pic it looks interesting. Sounds like a good option for using on holiday too. I've sweating so much this week in my mei tai in the sun......but I don't know how I could sneak another carrier past OH even if I had the cash!

Looks/sounds great!!! Might have to add this to the ones I want next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->