My news...*updated with birth story*

cupcake23

Reaction score
Hello all, thought you might like to know that I had my beautiful baby girl today!!!

She was born at home at 13:00hrs, wt 2720g (6lbs). Breastfeeding like a pro!

Everything went perfectly well, only used gas & air but it was hard work, physiological 3rd stage,no tears despite her coming out with her hands on her face, no complications throughout, I'm so happy!!! Had a fantastic mw & student.

I'm so happy and in love!!!
.x.x.x.

My birth story

Sat 27th I started to get my show...not much happening contraction wise but was hoping this was a good sign that baby was on her way...

Sun 28th still having a show but started having tightening every 10mins, not painful just uncomfortable, things stayed like that throughout the whole day

Mon 1st woke up at 1.50 with a strong contraction and I knew I would be having my baby!!!! (I’ve got a contraction timer app on my iphone so started using that) contractions were irregular, ranging in length and strength, tried to sleep in between until it got to 5am and I decided that the kitchen was too messy...planned a homebirth and I didn’t want the midwives to see my messy kitchen, lol.

Called my mum and midwife around 6 and both arrived around 6.30, my son was getting up so he started getting ready for school...the contractions seemed to stop and I felt like a fool for calling my mum and midwife out....midwife was happy to examine and at 7am I was 4cm, she gave me a good old sweep and after a 20min chat my contractions started coming thick and fast....I kept upright/ mobilising throughout the labour, a student midwife come around 10am and she was fantastic, massaging my back throughout with clary sage oil...4 hours later I started to use gas and air as the contractions were becoming intense, got a bit emotional at this point as I really wanted her out! And was so scared that I was still only 4cm...protocol is to examine every 4 hours during labour but the midwife and I were happy to wait and see as I seemed to be showing good signs of progress. Just before 12 I started to get really upset and needed to know what my body was doing so asked the midwife to examine me, I was 8cm and as I was getting distressed the plan was for me to go and have a warm bath with clary sage oil....it was lovely being in the bath, I was using G&A and was left with my OH, whilst the MWs popped in and out to listen to the FH but after 20minutes the contractions became more intense and I was starting to lose it!!!

I was encouraged throughout to keep using G&A but I was finding this very difficult and felt that the baby was coming, I was involuntary pushing at this point and thought I was about to split in half!....I got out of the bath at 12.55, I stayed upright, my right leg on the bath edge with my waters bulging, screamed at the midwife to break them and she did at 12.57...nice and clear, baby’s head was just there and for me this was the best part, I was able to breathe her out nice and slow....my beautiful baby girl was born at 13.00hrs, a hand on her face and screamed immediately, I held her straight away, skin to skin, holding her so tight, I didn’t want to let go!

The midwives made the floor comfy for me to lie down, we waited for the cord to stop pulsating, about 15-20mins later my OH cut the cord, and he held our daughter...I got up 5mins later and with one push the placenta come out, minimal blood loss. Despite my darling daughter coming out with her hand on her face I only got a couple of grazes. I took co-dydramol as I was already getting some strong after pains...I didn’t realise they could be so painful!

I quickly had a shower and got myself sorted whilst the midwives checked baby over, 40 minutes later I held baby skin to skin and she went onto my breast like a pro.

I found this labour to be very intense and I was definitely more vocal this time round but my homebirth experience was fantastic, I had the support I needed throughout and my wonderful midwives could do no wrong! I'm so happy!

Congradulations hun x

Congrats Hun xxx glad it went so well too :) xxx

Aww congrats on your new little girl :D glad all went well for you xxx

congrats!! well done u! and Im SOOOO jeleous as we have the same due date xx

Sounds like a lovely birth, congrats on your baby girl xxx

Congratulations again hun, I am even more excited for my homebirth now x x

Wow congrats!

Another mid-Marcher born already. Starting to make me freak out a little.

Congratulations!! How are you on here already?!? And I wanna see a pic!

Congratulations! Sounds as if everything went perfectly :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->